Custom Mini Pinball Cab (Ipad)

Galdaien

Sep 24, 2013
Thought I'd share the project I've been workin on. I always enjoyed the Pinball Arcade app and recently discovered that there were accessories that emulated the flippers (pinball duo). Shortly after that discovery I ran into the thread by Sotie (Pinside) started about his custom Pinball Arcade box (great craftsmanship!) I decided to give it a shot myself so this is what I came up with.

Some of the key features:
-I configured custom leaf switches to really get the authentic pinball flipper feel.
-Custom art for the decals and backbox/"translight" ... I was going to just keep with my clearcoated black box but every time I looked at it I felt that it needed decals to really emulate an actual machine, so I made the artwork and laminated it for protection. The Clearcoat made the sticker paper I used REALLLY stick to the surface - if only decals were this easy to put on a real machine!
-Illuminated start and launch button.
-Hinged backbox top to swap out "translight" artwork.
-Metal trim and lockdown bar.

Things I'm looking to do still:
-I originally thought that I'd use the "shake" option for nudging, but you really have to hit the thing pretty hard for it to nudge (maybe a way to adjust sensitivity?), so I may look into murcury switches to emulate the nudge.
-Might look into illuminating the backbox, but will need to print on a translight or something so it doesn't look grainy when light shines through like it does when printed on cardstock.

Anyway, just thought I'd share, it's been my runaway-go-to project to get away from some crap the GF and I have been going through lately, lol. Thanks for looking!

forum

forum

forum

forum

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Pretty cool! Bit eager with the companies on the backbox though :p Is there an option on the mobile version for the screen to show a top-down view fitted to the whole screen?

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
What's the function of the button on the inside of the cabinet, to activate the start and launch lights?

Doesn't the lockdown bar move a bit during vigorous play since you're using velcro to secure it? I suggest double-sided exterior mounting tape.

Galdaien

Sep 24, 2013
What's the function of the button on the inside of the cabinet, to activate the start and launch lights?

Doesn't the lockdown bar move a bit during vigorous play since you're using velcro to secure it? I suggest double-sided exterior mounting tape.

@Espy - Just covering my bases, never know what might be released in the future!*

Hey Sotie, the button in the cab activates the bluetooth. The lockdown bar is held in place by the velcro and the rubber footies keep it taut. Doesn't move at all during play!*I just ordered the mercury switches, hoping it'll emulate the tilt nicely.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
If the mercury switches don't work you can always just add nudge buttons later. But you'd have to take it apart to drill holes. :(

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts