Bug CV force close and no award for high score

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
On iOS 7.1.2 on an iPad 4. Just scored a new score which gave me no credit for hall of fame points and did not save the high score to the leaderboards.

I have also been experiencing auto force close after every game I play which I have not tried another table only CV. This was not an issue last week when I was playing CFTBL which had no force closes and saved the HOF points and high score. Any help?

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
Had to re download after deleting the app. Never have to do this on other operating platforms.

Is this a FS issue or Apple issue?

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
Is this a FS issue or Apple issue?

I doubt we'll ever know. CV is a table that's had numerous issues in the past and present (presently the HUD that I have to turn off at the beginning of every single game). It also runs differently and exhibits different bugs under different devices under the exact same iOS version and the exact same TPA version. For instance on my iPad 4 under iOS 7.1.2, I just played a game where the camera was locked to the table and did not scroll to the plunger when the ball was "saved". Also the second ball locked in the High Wire clicked against the first ball until the table was nudged...this is a past problem that keeps appearing/disappearing (I thought it was gone for good). I then played a CV game on my iPad mini Retina. It too is running iOS 7.1.2...the same TPA version as the iPad 4 (3.9.2). None of the issues on the iPad 4 mentioned above affected it. Go figure.

I believe a big part in this is the processor used in the iDevice. I know I had typically the same issues when I was using the iPad 3 vs the iPad 4 and the regular mini, before I got the mini Retina. I still have all these devices. They all have different processors and can exhibit different bugs from device to device, again under the same iOS & TPA version. It makes it VERY difficult (if not impossible) to try to isolate bugs & issues.

BTW, my iPad 4 under iOS 7.1.2 has never force closed after a CV game. This may have been a glitch specific to your device.

Last edited:

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
Yep, I reinstalled and everything is normal. I too have the same occasional glitches as you, thankfully nothing game breaking anymore (clicking 2nd lock, cam issues on plunge, occasional mulitball flipper freeze)yet.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.