Dark Mode?

saspin

Aug 22, 2014
Hello,
Is FarSight Studios working on a "Dark Mode" for IOS? I love playing Zaccaria pinball in "dark mode".

Scott

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
The mobiles can't handle that kind if lighting. In fact some older phones and tablets have trouble running what we have now. So I wouldn't anticipate it any time soon.

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
That would then raise the question "If Zaccaria can do it under iOS, why can't TPA also do it under iOS"?

Either Zaccaria's engine is more efficient and/or it's physics are not as accurate or demanding as TPA's...never having played Zaccaria, I can't even begin to speculate on it's physics accuracy nor why/how they can provide a "Dark Mode".

Maybe TPA's physics model is too demanding to add more visual effects or it's just not very efficient. I do know that processor differences under the different Apple devices has a direct effect on what bugs are exhibited. For example:

CV table: when the second ball is locked in the High Wire ramp, the two balls click together until the table is nudged. The following devices, all having different processors will either have the bug, or will NOT have the bug:

iPad mini (1st gen), iOS 7.1.2 Apple Dual Core A5: no bug
iPad 4, iOS 7.1.2 Apple Dual Core A6: bug is present
iPad mini (2nd gen), iOS 7.1.2 Apple 64-bit A7: no bug

I personally think that there is some sort of critical timing issue going on somewhere since devices using the same iOS version and the same TPA version exhibit different behavior as far as certain bugs go.

Last edited:

Terminator

Feb 8, 2014
It can be done if FS decide to build the main engine from the ground up for the new metal API in iOS 8. This will be only for A7/A8 powered chip devices (armv8 64-bit) iPhone 5s/Air and above.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.