Death of a loved one.

Cerberus

Dec 18, 2013
I'm sure you have all experienced this, I know that I have. This topic is not as fun as pinball, so head out if you can't relate.

I think I've gotten over the initial shock, but I'm having a really hard time coping. I wake up every morning, and there's that "oh crap" moment knowing that life isn't a dream.
I am so sorry to those in the same shoes as I.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
sorry to hear of your loss. Time really is a great healer. Try and get yourself involved with other activities/hobbies to keep your mind busy.

Cerberus

Dec 18, 2013
sorry to hear of your loss. Time really is a great healer. Try and get yourself involved with other activities/hobbies to keep your mind busy.

Thank you, I'm here for hobbies. I saw the off-topic section and gave it a go, since I don't know where else to talk.

Last edited:

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
Poor you. I really do feel empathy for you, as our pet cat died two days ago. Every family is made better by children, and you're an example. *sniff*

Cerberus

Dec 18, 2013
I've spoken a lot with my mother.
It was my son. My little boy is gone.
He was almost 6 years old.

Naildriver74

Aug 2, 2013
I lost my son at a young age to. Life really sucks sometimes. With time it gets better but the pain will alway be there. Keep your head up and moving forward.

Cerberus

Dec 18, 2013
I lost my son at a young age to. Life really sucks sometimes. With time it gets better but the pain will alway be there. Keep your head up and moving forward.
I'm so sorry, so crazy sorry. I turn my head and see my boy. When I look down my hall I pretend that he is still there. I have this stupid feeling in my chest that one day he will return to me.

Last edited:

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
My deepest condolences to you and your family. What you are presently going through is an unimaginable horror.

Naildriver74

Aug 2, 2013
I'm so sorry, so crazy sorry. I turn my head and see my boy. When I look down my hall I pretend that he is still there. I have this stupid feeling in my chest that one day he will return to me.

He's right there sitting on your shoulder with a big smile. I always thought that and still do.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Man, I started to tear up on the phone with a client. I can't even imagine the pain you must feel.

I've experienced a lot of death and tend to be pretty callous about it, but if I were to lose my daughter I don't even know how I could continue on with life, just thinking of it kills me inside.

Surround yourself with loved ones and make sure you allow the grieving process. I have been through a miscarriage and it rocked my world at the time.

I only hope the support you find here and elsewhere can be of help to you in a rough time man.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
my condolences to your family , we had to put our pet Dachsie Heidi down this Fall , my loyal companion of 17 years lost her bodily function controls , was going blind , but wore her age well . I said my goodbyes for the last few of her days on this earth , it helped a little . You lost more than me , but it still hurts , just work through your pain in your own time and your own ways, there really is nothing to feel except what you feel , and there is no rule for how long it should affect you , .

danivempire

Oct 26, 2013
sorry for your loss man...
I lost my father when I was seven, I am now 35 but not a single day goes when I don't think about him even for one second.
The pain goes away eventually, but the memory remains...

Larry

Jul 4, 2013
My sister died when I was 9 and she was 6. It basically tore up our family...

I'm very sorry to hear it... I really DON'T know how you feel right now, but I know I had to eventually let it set in over several years (30+ and it still sucks!!!!!), if you don't it can tear you and your family up too.

Cry when you want to, scream when you need to, it may not help, but it sure can't hurt... for me and my mom, it took about 10 years for us to stop dreaming every night you'll wake up to a new reality.... but nobody said life was fair. I'm not going to dish out platitudes, except to say, I know enough to say this, the more you stuff you're feelings down, even in traffic, or McDonald's, the more it's going to sneak up your blind side and can cost you even more....

I'm sooooo, sooooo sorry! I sincerely hope you find "closure" some day.

Cerberus

Dec 18, 2013
Thank you all for your kind support. Christmas this year is going to be very hard.

All of your positive wishes have been taken into my heart and shared with my family.

Thanks to everyone for their very kind words, please play a good round of pinball for yours and my own.

Merry Christmas, and for Christ's sake lets just be happy & please never ever ever have another one like this ever again.

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Hope you have a wonderful Christmas. I lost my dad when I was 11, so my heart goes out to you and your family. Keep your head up, always be thankful for what you have, and make the most of today because we never know what tomorrow might bring...so focus on what we still have instead of what we've lost.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.