DEMOLITION MAN FTW oh and also twd (Lanes & Games 10/25/14)

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
Yep, I got to head to Lanes & Games again this Saturday. This time around they had 10 machines: no more Simpsons Pinball Party, but two newcomers had entered the mix: "Demolition Man" and "The Walking Dead". Without further ado, here are my impressions of the two new tables:

- Demolition Man: YES. JUST YES. I started playing this table with low expectations due to how people had been rambling on about the "lock freeze all day" strategy. However, I was playing the table for fun, not for points... and fun is probably the best way to describe this game. Toys everywhere (including an eyeball captive ball and the Cryo-Claw to the upper left), a nice, original shot layout with ramps galore, and the quality feel Williams had in the mid 90s. This game was definitely worth finding on location! :D It's so good that it might even occupy my personal top 10, and that's saying something.

- The Walking Dead: Meh... just meh. Honestly this table wasn't that spectacular and certainly didn't live up to the hype that Pinside had been making it out to be. I know that the game has early code but I feel there is too much bumper action and not enough actual pinball. Still like the shots and modes though, but nothing compared to DM. I guess I'll wait and see if the game improves with new code.

- Other: I put the highest efforts today into TAF, Tron, and Mustang. Scored 206m on TAF, around 30m on Tron, and 138m on Mustang. I have a newfound fascination with Mustang after playing it with the new code, it seems better than when I last played it. Nice rules and music, would play again.

Mayuh

Sep 2, 2012
DM has some of the most satisfying shots and combos: middle gate, left upper flipper to the underground, right flipper to the left ramp, and if you're in a flow, right ramp! Hell yeah! If this happens on your very first plunge, you're in multiball in 5 seconds... I love it. Artwork still is ugly for me ;)

Glad you found one, that was in good shape and played nice. I tweaked mine for months to get a good flowing game. Right ramp is still quite hard to nail... I played several DMs that played completely crap and were the very reason I disliked DM for a long time. Now it's easily one of my favorites.

heberts811

Feb 26, 2012
I was thinking of driving up there now that I have some free time. Do they still have Star Trek? It's over an hour drive and that's the one I really want to play.

Gary

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.