Demolition Man - what's the appeal?!

ScotchYeti

Apr 13, 2012
At the place where I used to play ST:TNG they have now exchanged the table for a "Demolition Man". I tried some games but couldn't get into it. Awful art and it's basically ramps all day long - or what am I missing?

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
I think we can all agree that the art is terrible. :)

It's not one of my favourites but I played on one that was in really good shape and I started enjoying it. I don't think it explains its rules very well, so I would read a rulesheet first, which helps understand all the multiball modes. It's a lot more fun when you know what to shoot for.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
You can doo a better job with 1 square of toilet paper.
STEP 1
fold the sheat in half then fold in half again til you have a small square.
STEP 2
tear the tip off the center part of the folded square.
STEP 3
unfold square and place finger through center hole.
STEP 4
wipe until clean.
STEP 5
slide sheet up finger.
STEP 6
use piece removed from center to clean under fingernail.
:p

Dumpstar

Apr 17, 2012
You can doo a better job with 1 square of toilet paper.
STEP 1
fold the sheat in half then fold in half again til you have a small square.
STEP 2
tear the tip off the center part of the folded square.
STEP 3
unfold square and place finger through center hole.
STEP 4
wipe until clean.
STEP 5
slide sheet up finger.
STEP 6
use piece removed from center to clean under fingernail.
:p

I think we need pictures. On that note I am adding a mental reminder to never visit this thread again in case pictures appear.

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012
I never liked this machine. I tried playing it more than a few times. I'm gonna skip this table. same thing with STTNG, I never liked that machine, but I thought, well maybe I can learn to love it. nope didn't happen. I still hate it. STTNG is the only table I regret buying.

Clawhammer

Nov 1, 2012
Solid Nordman game IMO, although not a showstopper. It has good flow. DM is MUCH more fun with the claw disabled... otherwise it becomes lock freeze all day which gets dull.

Mayuh

Sep 2, 2012
Because of this thread I played it in our club a little yesterday. It was playing great, really...

Yet it's such an disgrace to the eye, really... All I wanted was to strip the whole playfield and paint it black with UV activated color stripes to the ramps or something like that... :) it's really fugly, if I ever get one, I'm sure I will do exactly that ;)

(I know T2 has the same look/design, but somehow it works for T2)

Last edited:

George Klepacz

Feb 20, 2012
This is one of 3 machines I own. A few things improved the game for me:

Profanity ROMs. Not just because of the adding lines, but I had prototype software so my rulesets weren't complete. Now it's fun trying to get to Demolition Time and try to rack up as many combos as I can.

LEDs. I like the looks of incandescents, but the white color of LEDs just fit this table better and help improve the (non?)art.

External subwoofer. There is a lot of sound missing with just the factory speakers. The added bass frequencies during explosion sounds and especially when adding up your bonus totals really improves the presentation.

I haven't disabled the claw, I just don't allow myself to repeat the same choice until all are used up. So I save Lock Freeze until the later multiballs.

I also liked the movie, so that may help my enjoyment.

pseudokings

Jun 10, 2012
The MOVIE is horrid (IMO - and most everyone else too), the art has basically no choice but to be, because it's based off the movie's bad design, but the table has always looked to me like it probably plays quite well (though I've never have the chance), and considering it's a Dennis Nordman, and a widebody, I am inclined to expect it to be good on the more important parts of it's pedigree than the theme.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
The MOVIE is horrid (IMO - and most everyone else too), the art has basically no choice but to be, because it's based off the movie's bad design, but the table has always looked to me like it probably plays quite well (though I've never have the chance), and considering it's a Dennis Nordman, and a widebody, I am inclined to expect it to be good on the more important parts of it's pedigree than the theme.
It's okay. It tries to play like ST:TNG, and only sometimes succeeds.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.