Developers Nudge Options Please

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
I have two options on my nudge wishlist

I would love to see the option to reverse the left right on the nudge. As of now if I want to nudge the ball to the left I have to press right on my stick. In split second situations I really have a hard time figuring out in my head that I am pointing at the part of the machine I want to nudge and not the direction I want the ball to move. So most of the time I would nudge myself into a even worse situation.

Also I'm a PlayStation 3 player, and I have a hard time having my thumb all the way on the stick sitting there idle waiting for a situation where I need it. Just getting caught up in the game I sometimes will nudge when I don't want ... and I just feel all around uncomfortable. So I was hoping there could just be a option to remap the buttons, hopefully putting a simplified version of the nudge on the D-Pad. Now that I think about it ... a SIXAXIS tilt option to nudge would be amazing too. :)

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
I recommend just getting used to the way it is. It makes way more sense once you learn proper nudging, and might even help prepare you for real pinball tables.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
As of now if I want to nudge the ball to the left I have to press right on my stick. In split second situations I really have a hard time figuring out in my head that I am pointing at the part of the machine I want to nudge and not the direction I want the ball to move. So most of the time I would nudge myself into a even worse situation.
Think of nudging as moving the machine underneath the ball and it will make it a lot easier. When I first started playing pinball, I would always nudge the wrong way until one of the more experienced players told me to not think "I need the ball to move left" but instead think "I need the inlane to move right".

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Think of nudging as moving the machine underneath the ball and it will make it a lot easier. When I first started playing pinball, I would always nudge the wrong way until one of the more experienced players told me to not think "I need the ball to move left" but instead think "I need the inlane to move right".

Could you explain this to FarSight please? They need to apply this concept to the iOS version.

Last edited:

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012

Hmm... That sounds pretty good. I'll have to try to keep that in mind when I play. Hopefully it'll help :)

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
Hmm... That sounds pretty good. I'll have to try to keep that in mind when I play. Hopefully it'll help :)

A common nudging trick (especially around the outlanes) is using the playfield to actually "punch" the ball - meaning there are situations where you'd actually want to nudge in the direction that you want the ball to go, all depending on its position in relation to objects on the playfield. So yeah, thinking of moving the playfield/machine itself (after all that's what the nudging stick simulates) is the way to go, as your reversed control theory wouldn't make any sense here. There's always very little friction between the slanted playfield and the ball.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
I've finally realized I always nudge the wrong way, too. Gotta get my brain around this one. ; )

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts