Device of Choice or Console of choice

Trever Chalmers

Mar 29, 2014
PC: Technically has the best potential for graphics fidelity/performance, screen size of my choosing, real buttons instead of touch interface, no publisher/certification roadblocks now that it's on steam so tables should come out for it as soon as they're ready. I guess the only downside is that for some reason TPA seems to sell better for mobile devices, so it seems like IOS/Android get development priority. I personally don't enjoy playing games on my phone, I'd rather be able to see the nice hi-res and crisp artwork (and on a big screen, no matter how good your phone screen is it's still small), and having my fingers on the screen blocking part of it is terrible as is the non-existent tactile response.

I also bought tables for the 360, and that whole situation just fell apart, so I won't risk spending any more money on platforms that could die off at ant moment. PC now and forever only for me.

I had the 360 too and bought the tables that were ready for it but gave up waiting on it. I'm on the fence with PC, since I have it on mutiple platforms, not sure it would be worth it

Trever Chalmers

Mar 29, 2014
Hey Trever - why do you choose the ps4 over your other platforms?

It has the option to play in the dark, which really shows of the lighting capability of the ps4 and this may be just me but I find the nudging on the ps4 more responsive compared to others. I like my Tab for portability but haven't quite figured out nudging on that yet.

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
PC and iOS. Since they are getting regular updates. Disappointed that the 360 version is in limbo and the Wii U is on hold.

MonkeyGrass

Jul 11, 2013
PS3 and Android (GS3 and Note 10.1).

With the SuperPatch now live, PS3 is a whole new ballgame. It's essentially the PS4 versions, without the extra lighting features. For serious TPA action, it's the PS3 every time.

That said - I probably log as many (or more) casual hours on my Note 10.1 with Sixaxxis controller. That 10" tablet in portrait is amazing, especially with my Sixaxxis controller paired via bluetooth. And it goes everywhere with me, so I get more chances to play on it that purely couch-driven PS3 play. My phone play is minimal, mostly in the bathroom lol.

Roo

Jul 5, 2013
As I said in the other thread, PC all the way. Portrait mode + easy updates.

One point that hasn't been made is that the phone version makes a great portable table guide because you can access all the instructions even when just in demo mode. I can study rules while I'm at lunch then go home and play on PC.

Trever Chalmers

Mar 29, 2014
PS3 and Android (GS3 and Note 10.1).

With the SuperPatch now live, PS3 is a whole new ballgame. It's essentially the PS4 versions, without the extra lighting features. For serious TPA action, it's the PS3 every time.

That said - I probably log as many (or more) casual hours on my Note 10.1 with Sixaxxis controller. That 10" tablet in portrait is amazing, especially with my Sixaxxis controller paired via bluetooth. And it goes everywhere with me, so I get more chances to play on it that purely couch-driven PS3 play. My phone play is minimal, mostly in the bathroom lol.

I do that too sometimes take my device in the bathroom while waiting lol

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
So glad to see the PS3 version is finally up to scratch. Buttons, big screen, stays roughly up to date with tables, bugs taken care of. It's the best console option right now :)

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
Vita is my device of choice. Dual analog sticks and physical buttons are hard for me to play without. With the recent patch, it looks and plays every bit as good as TPA on my iPad, as well. At this point I basically demo the game on iPad or Android until I can play it on PSN.

PS3 is my console of choice mostly because it comes with the Vita packs(or vice versa), but I'm trying more and more tables on PC. However, with the recent patch I may be playing more on the PS3. It helps being on the big screen with surround sound, too. ;)

PoSTedUP

Dec 14, 2013
Vita is my device of choice. Dual analog sticks and physical buttons are hard for me to play without. With the recent patch, it looks and plays every bit as good as TPA on my iPad, as well. At this point I basically demo the game on iPad or Android until I can play it on PSN.

PS3 is my console of choice mostly because it comes with the Vita packs(or vice versa), but I'm trying more and more tables on PC. However, with the recent patch I may be playing more on the PS3. It helps being on the big screen with surround sound, too. ;)

i like vita bc its really responsive, and the nudge is way more responsive than my ps3/tv too. id get an ipad for the iCade pinball box, that looks like the best bet to me right now, have you tried?

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
i like vita bc its really responsive, and the nudge is way more responsive than my ps3/tv too. id get an ipad for the iCade pinball box, that looks like the best bet to me right now, have you tried?

No. I've only used touchscreen on iPad. I wish you could use the Duo with TPA.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
PC, I've tried briefly playing on a tablet (Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0) and while it looks nice (portrait mode!!), I just can't get the hang of the controls. The only drawback of PC is no analog nudging without getting a controller of some variety.

PC.Doctor

Jul 22, 2013
For me, I play TPA on my Android dell venue 7 tablet and my custom built Windows rig.

I prefer Windows over Android because I get better graphics and easier controls. Only time I use my tablet is when I'm away from home (such as school or some other kind of trip)

LooksLikeumissed

Mar 25, 2014
I play on the PS4. The games looks fantastic and plays amazingly well. However, no access to leaderboards is extremely frustrating. Competing on the leaderboards is one of the reasons i play TPA... did play TPA.

PoSTedUP

Dec 14, 2013
I play on the PS4. The games looks fantastic and plays amazingly well. However, no access to leaderboards is extremely frustrating. Competing on the leaderboards is one of the reasons i play TPA... did play TPA.

dang.... no leaderboards? i guess i could play for fun, but, thats what i have zen for. im not gonna get it untill they have leaderboards.

LooksLikeumissed

Mar 25, 2014
There is an online leader board that keeps all records, however, i cant work out how to update my scores... its on the actual pinball arcade website.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.