Did anyone else think...

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Only thing that bums me out is on PS3 we won't be seeing Scared Stiff now until January, a full 2 months after the mobile platforms. Not so much because I can't wait to play it, but that I can't join in any of the conversations about it here in the forum!!

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
I hope FarSight can take some of this time in between tables to work more on bugs and artwork issues. I know there's a lot but things like the ios 6 compatibility issue on ipad 2's and mini's and the faded colors on PS3's Taxi, NGG and HD 3RD ED for example.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Geez talk about a sense of entitlement. No and Twilight Zone is more than enough to keep me occupied for December. With that said we are probably getting Star Trek this month too and if that happens that'd be just above and beyond on Farsights end.

Personally I'm shocked at just how fast Twilight Zone came. It feels like it was just yesterday we saw the first footage, then boom it's here already. I mean we've been waiting a year for this table and it's been out less than a week already people want more tables? It's like gimme gimme gimme no appreciation whatsoever :/

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I can't believe how fun TZ actually is. I'm practically ignoring all the other machines right now. And when I do play any of the others, I keep thinking that it's eating into my TZ time. But to answer the question, no, I never thought we'd be getting 3 tables. Apparently I would've ignored the other 2 anyway.

pezpunk

Jul 29, 2012
I think we all assumed we were getting three tables.

how would that even work? did you envision the development and testing staff working twice as many hours?

there's a basic project management principle called the iron triangle: between "fast", "cheap", and "good", you may pick two. you can't have all three. i'm glad they poured their full resources into Twilight Zone. it's a very complex table, and much beloved by fans, and their effort is evident in the lack of major gamebreaking bugs and overall high quality of the sim. (granted, the table is far easier than the real thing, but that seems to have been a design decision rather than a bug)

Dutch Pinball ball

May 5, 2012
? It's like gimme gimme gimme no appreciation whatsoever :/

If you refer to me, you cant be more wrong.

Siad it above you, dont shoot the messenger. I just refraised farside words, thats it. And other people assumed more then only tz.whats wrong with that? Thats not moaning or wining for more. Thats just what they think. Not what they need or want instantly.

I am super positive about this game.

People need to read better before telling others have no appreciation. Cause its just false.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Yes, that is what Farsight said initially. However, as has been said, they changed their release schedule when the Kickstarter tables were getting close to release. Sorry if you didn't get the memo, but yes, their plan changed. They will go back to 2 tables a month after ST:TNG.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
If you refer to me, you cant be more wrong.

Siad it above you, dont shoot the messenger. I just refraised farside words, thats it. And other people assumed more then only tz.whats wrong with that? Thats not moaning or wining for more. Thats just what they think. Not what they need or want instantly.

I am super positive about this game.

People need to read better before telling others have no appreciation. Cause its just false.

No I was referring to the OP.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I thought the premium table wouldn't affect the regular schedule and seeing how its the holidays I thought more product to sell the better.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I thought the premium table wouldn't affect the regular schedule and seeing how its the holidays I thought more product to sell the better.

Yes, I don't understand withholding a completed pack for the ps3. Don't think this pack would detract from the TZ launch. They should have put out the pack the first or second week of December and then TZ at the end of the month.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
No no. Let them build up inventory. That gives them more time to work on each table. If they come out with 3 tables this month, then 3 next with TNG, there goes a nice buffer they've built.

Lord Boron

Apr 18, 2012
Everyone complaines that they should release fewer tables and work on bugs, but then when they release fewer tables, everyone complaines that they aren't releasing enough tables. They can't win either way.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Why cant people grasp that the table pack is out its just been delayed because of the release or rush of TZ? The table pack could have easily been submited and released by now as its FINISHED! FS probably didnt want to double down on submission fee's wich TZ would easily have covered and then some. Not askink for MORE tables just the tables that were on thier way til TZ crashed the party and STTNG so now we get 2 tables for $10 in 2 months instead of 2 tables for $5 and if you really care about testing then why not test TZ a little more while you keep on schedule?

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
But that pack has been out for awhile now ITS ALREADY MADE!

Yes, it's been made, and it's now waiting in the pipeline. While it's now waiting next in line, they can now work on the next tables and use that extra time for polishing. You know, bugs and lighting and crap. Instead of the continuous rushing because they shot their wad.

Edit: Wait, are we talking PS3? PS3 is 1 pack behind. I agree, they SHOULD release that pack. Big Shot and Scared Stiff? Yes, if it's done, put it out. Geez.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.