Didn't think I'd like Central Park, but...

Potrzebie

Sep 4, 2014
Looked at CP months ago. Saw that gargantuan center drain, no inlanes and all those pop-bumpers and completely discounted it. Played the free version for a while and said, "Why not?" I learned not to judge a book by its cover. After only one day of play, I've found I have no trouble lighting both specials, getting all 15 extra balls with rarely a score below 3,000 and an average score of 6,000. Odd too that as long as I can keep the ball moving fast, the center drain isn't that much of a problem. The outlanes on the other hand, Well... Bottom line is it's a fun table that deserves play.

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
Finally...someone with good taste. ;-) I agree. It's a great game, one I always come back too. Please TPA make us a new EM for season 4! From what I see for comments it will sell at the very least, better the Lights...Camera....Action!

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Finally...someone with good taste. ;-) I agree. It's a great game, one I always come back too. Please TPA make us a new EM for season 4! From what I see for comments it will sell at the very least, better the Lights...Camera....Action!

I read from an interview that there will be one EM in Season 4 and 5 each. So a nice change!

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Yes, Bobby King said it in an interview. One EM in season 4 and one in season 5. He didn't give any hints to what pins they were going to be.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Yes, Bobby King said it in an interview. One EM in season 4 and one in season 5. He didn't give any hints to what pins they were going to be.

Given there's no real consensus over what EMs are classics in the way modern machines are, it will be interesting to see what we end up with. The top two in our own EM poll, maybe?

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
I don't mind CP, though I still haven't been able to get 1000 points on one ball.
Get so close and then, it's down the drain.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
I don't mind CP, though I still haven't been able to get 1000 points on one ball.
Get so close and then, it's down the drain.

On the one game I did it, my single-ball score was just over 1,100. I had several 990 scores prior to that. On one of them, I scored 999 points. I was nearly as mad as I was the time I scored 2,952,000 on my best game of Genie.

So anyway, luck did play a major role in that, along with lots of double-rolls over the upper left/right 30 pt lanes. Keep trying!

Baramos

Aug 18, 2013
I can't see an EM being a stand-alone table with their new pricing structure (even something "big" like Wizard!), so they must be going to pack them with another more modern table.

Last edited:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I think they just need to drop the price of the EM tables. $2.99?

What's behind the thinking that producing an EM is somehow easier or cheaper than producing a modern solid state table?

EMs have to be fully scripted. There is no ROM to emulate. That's quite a bit of coding, most of it entirely custom. Sounds need to be sampled and digitized.

The playfield still needs to be stripped bare, cleaned up, digitized, modeled, and rendered.

There still needs to be development, testing, beta testing, distribution.

A complex, late-model EM - thinking Fireball in particular, since I am going to guess that would be a lock - is going to be just as much work as some SS tables.

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
On the one game I did it, my single-ball score was just over 1,100. I had several 990 scores prior to that. On one of them, I scored 999 points. I was nearly as mad as I was the time I scored 2,952,000 on my best game of Genie.

So anyway, luck did play a major role in that, along with lots of double-rolls over the upper left/right 30 pt lanes. Keep trying!

Nice scores, and yes I try to play those two weekly.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.