Different editions of the disc versions?`

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
I decided to go buy the disc versions of SPA, and having both systems, I bought one copy of each. The interesting thing is, it appears to be two different editions?

The Xbone version looks like the one you see on Amazon with the whole "exclusive limited edition" tables, while the PS4 doesn't have this. It does have a "Sterns latest Ghostbusters included as FREE DLC when released".

The back of the Xbone lists 15 tables while the back of the PS4 lists 10 tables.

I can't seem to0 find any sort of identifying marks on them and the UPC codes are similar.

So are these really two different versions of each game - the early ones have all the tables with a limited pressing while the later ones are just disc versions of what you get on the online store? Or is it just the paper insert is different?

I'll probably post photos later ..

tomwaits

Feb 8, 2014
Which tables are actually on each disc? Does the PS4 version have the LE variations of the new tables, even if they're not listed on the insert?

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
Nope, no LE editions on the disc on the PS4 edition.

The Xbone version does - in fact, interestingly, it adds table bundle #1 and #2 AND the LE pack when you install it.

The PS4 version does not do anything similar - so no more limited editions. Looking at the list of DLC, I don't see the LE pack anywhere, so I don't know if it's supposed to be a disc-only special or something that simply doesn't exist on PS4 for some reason.

Both however do show "Ghostbusters" as coming soon.

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
Sorry, it's 3 extra tables - the PS4 version comes with 10, the Xbone has 13.

The extra 3 are the LE tables:
* Star Trek Enterprise Limited Edition
* AC/DC Back in Black Limited Edition
* AC/DC Let There Be Rock Limited Edition

And yes, on the PS4 version, there are no arrows on AC/DC or Star Trek to select the LE tables like there is on the Xbone version.

I wonder if it's a different disc totally or...?

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
I'm still wondering if there's any way to get these tables when you already own the digital version (main + 2 table packs).

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
So, are LE's still coming to the PC version? What about Pro Mode and the Table view?

Last edited:

thefly0810

Feb 13, 2014
Nope, no LE editions on the disc on the PS4 edition.

The Xbone version does - in fact, interestingly, it adds table bundle #1 and #2 AND the LE pack when you install it.

The PS4 version does not do anything similar - so no more limited editions. Looking at the list of DLC, I don't see the LE pack anywhere, so I don't know if it's supposed to be a disc-only special or something that simply doesn't exist on PS4 for some reason.

Both however do show "Ghostbusters" as coming soon.

Does anyone know if the Limited Editions are coming to the PS4? Thanks.

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
816r3CklhnL._AC_SX430_.jpg

This is the box art currently on Amazon for the PS4 version.

The XB1 version is identical, both boxes say the LEs are included. Neither listing mentions the LEs, though.

What's going on here?

Brandon Garvin

FarSight Employee
Oct 10, 2016
816r3CklhnL._AC_SX430_.jpg

This is the box art currently on Amazon for the PS4 version.

The XB1 version is identical, both boxes say the LEs are included. Neither listing mentions the LEs, though.

What's going on here?

Well, that's not right! It looks like someone put up the wrong box art for the PS4 version, we'll get that fixed ASAP to avoid further confusion.

To make things clear for you guys, here are the front and back of both boxes: https://goo.gl/photos/BBP8FLRxGTmBKanq5

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
The photos I can confirm are identical to what I got and what caused me to start this thread.

The XB1 version HAS the LE tables in it. The PS4 version does not. I have to see if the LEs are listed on the Xbone store directly because I know I could see the store page when I saw the update get downloaded, but I don't know its general availability.

thefly0810

Feb 13, 2014
The photos I can confirm are identical to what I got and what caused me to start this thread.

The XB1 version HAS the LE tables in it. The PS4 version does not. I have to see if the LEs are listed on the Xbone store directly because I know I could see the store page when I saw the update get downloaded, but I don't know its general availability.

The Limited Edition Pack 1 is available for purchase on Xbox 1 through the game itself for $9.99. Is it a timed exclusive? And I agree with the other post. How can Farsight charge the same amount for both discs when one contains $10 worth of free content, while the other one doesn't? For having such a niche market of digital pinball recreations with a very loyal fan base, Farsight does a terrible job with their customer service across all platforms. I myself have bought all the tables for Stern and I do enjoy them, but a lot of my PS4 digital pinball friends refuse to bite because they feel like that they've been burned by Farsight too much in the past with TPA.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
I would have bought the disc version if I knew GB would be part of it. I could have saved $8 off the price of buying both packs with Amazon's pre-order offer.

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
I would have bought the disc version if I knew GB would be part of it. I could have saved $8 off the price of buying both packs with Amazon's pre-order offer.

The Mustang Bundle includes Ghostbusters, the deal is not exclusive to the disc version. Everyone who bought that bundle will get Ghostbusters when it releases.

Right now Mustang is free on iOS, so there is no need to buy the bundle until Ghostbusters releases or they remove the free status.

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
The Limited Edition Pack 1 is available for purchase on Xbox 1 through the game itself for $9.99. Is it a timed exclusive? And I agree with the other post. How can Farsight charge the same amount for both discs when one contains $10 worth of free content, while the other one doesn't? For having such a niche market of digital pinball recreations with a very loyal fan base, Farsight does a terrible job with their customer service across all platforms. I myself have bought all the tables for Stern and I do enjoy them, but a lot of my PS4 digital pinball friends refuse to bite because they feel like that they've been burned by Farsight too much in the past with TPA.

I highly doubt it's a timed exclusive - IIRC, SPA for PS4 launched earlier than on Xbone (digitally at least).

What likely happened is the LE bundle wasn't ready for the disc and thus was not approved by Sony in time. Microsoft likely approved it. Sony's starting to revert back to their old ways given their PS4 sales vs. Xbone, so I'm guessing they're able to bully the developers more if they want to do PS4 releases.

Console releases will always suck compared to iOS and Android because of the approval process. (Even iOS releases suffer because Apple does reject FS updates).

Silverball67

Jan 1, 2015
Console releases will always suck compared to iOS and Android because of the approval process. (Even iOS releases suffer because Apple does reject FS updates).

They suck even more, when you´re European. We haven´t got SPA yet (not in the PSN-Shop, but also not as a disc-Version for PS4, so I beleave, this got nothing to do with approval process by Sony). The table releases for TPA felt asleep for nearlý half a year (last tables were Last Action hero and 911).

Last edited:

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
I highly doubt it's a timed exclusive - IIRC, SPA for PS4 launched earlier than on Xbone (digitally at least).

What likely happened is the LE bundle wasn't ready for the disc and thus was not approved by Sony in time. Microsoft likely approved it. Sony's starting to revert back to their old ways given their PS4 sales vs. Xbone, so I'm guessing they're able to bully the developers more if they want to do PS4 releases.

Lol what does that mean? What are you talking about?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.