Dirty Harry?

Baramos

Aug 18, 2013
Would definitely need a kickstarter due to the Clint Eastwood likeness and the fact that it is based on an IP. Not quite sure if the voice in the game is actually Clint Eastwood, though, it sounds a lot like an impersonator in videos I have seen. Can anyone confirm this?

In any case, it looks like a lot of fun to play.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
One of my most wanted too. Great callouts and a fun city based layout. People rip on the art, but I like the sort of comic book style. I'm a huge Dirty Harry movie fan so I guess it's not a surprise. It was in one of the licensed pin polls and didn't get many votes. Plus it would need a kickstarter (as you said). So it would seem like a long shot at this point.

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
Fine pin, but very traditional to the point where it simply leaves no impression on me. I guess you can also blame the fact that the theme is so terribly implemented that you immediately forget that it's even there. :p
Not a bad table of course. I like it mostly for practice purposes.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I used to play it a lot in VP, never seen it out in the wild. It is kinda an amalgamation of other pin layouts, not really bringing anything unique to the table, but I do like it a lot. I am curious about what the cost of this license would be. The table wasn't released in conjunction with any of the movies, and I don't see it being a hot property that Warners is planning on rebooting anytime soon, but according to the flyer, it is Clint's voice, and you'd have to get a license for the Magnum .44 that is on the table. So yeah, based how it placed in the poll, I doubt we'd see it anytime soon.

image-6.jpg

Yep, looks like fun!

Baramos

Aug 18, 2013
I like that comic book style, too. I think that's some pretty good art.

Yeah, it seems like a long shot at this point, but maybe in the distant future it'll come back around.

MnHotRod

Jul 26, 2013
Great game. We have one in the wild at Goony Golf near Blaine in Minnesota. Would love to see this table added to TPA.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
Great game. We have one in the wild at Goony Golf near Blaine in Minnesota. Would love to see this table added to TPA.

Hey MnHotRod. Good to see you here! I guess you're coming by now that you're playing TPA on your modded iCade?

Mechanix77

Banned
Aug 31, 2013
Was totally shocked to see this NOT make the Top 10 Premium list. It's one of my favorites, and is at my local arcade.

I'll hold out hope that it makes TPA, but like "Freddy", I sadly doubt it. :-(

Mechanix77

Banned
Aug 31, 2013
What can we say we got great taste.I hope we get your Freddy table too that is all so on my top 10

As much as I'd love to get it, I just don't see it happening.

It didn't make the Top Ten in its category, mostly because people like horrible tables such as "The Shadow" and "Tommy Pinball".

I also don't know why Star Wars and Indiana Jones were included, seeing that Zen already have licensed deals?

Oh well, I'll be more than thrilled once we get "Bram Stoker's Dracula".

Jan 6, 2013
As much as I'd love to get it, I just don't see it happening.

It didn't make the Top Ten in its category, mostly because people like horrible tables such as "The Shadow" and "Tommy Pinball".

I also don't know why Star Wars and Indiana Jones were included, seeing that Zen already have licensed deals?

Oh well, I'll be more than thrilled once we get "Bram Stoker's Dracula".

Hey you never know.I cant wait for Dracula ,I hope that we get it soon.I am not trying to be selfish here but i want every horror table.If we could just get Freddy.T.f.t.c.,Phantom o.t.o. and Dracula i would be forever grateful to f.s..there is a lot of people who do want these tables all we can do is keep are fingers crossed.Ohh and it must be nice to be able to go to the arcade and play Dirty Harry i am jealous there are no good arcades around here anymore.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012

Because Zen does NOT have the license to do ANY Williams/Bally/Gottlieb/Data East/Sega/Capcom/Stern table. There license deal is only for original creations, not reproductions. And before it gets brought up again, Zen's deal was with LucasFilm before Disney bought it, same as their deal with Marvel. Yes, FS would now have to deal with Disney for licensing purposes, which is why we'll probably never see those tables. But Indy and Star Wars made the poll because the question wasn't "what tables do you think are licensed and realistically could be brought to TPA", but "what licensed table do you want".

Mechanix77

Banned
Aug 31, 2013
Well, in any event, it's apparent from just about everyone that we'll never get either of them. (Which is pretty damn depressing)

Back to Dirty Harry.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.