Disk space?

Dan

Feb 28, 2012
I'm considering if I can squeeze some games on my freshly installed SSD, but how big are PA's seasons anyway?

Thanks in advance

Dan

Klopek

Apr 29, 2012
My steam install is currently 4.6GB. You download all tables, whether you own them or not. This is so that you can trial them.

Dan

Feb 28, 2012
120 gb, but there's 38 free left, the rest is music production software and related stuff. I've read somewhere that it's best to keep 30% free to ensure problem-free operation. Maybe I could install it on a USB drive or my SDHC card...

Last edited:

PC.Doctor

Jul 22, 2013
120 gb, but there's 38 free left, the rest is music production software and related stuff. I've read somewhere that it's best to keep 30% free to ensure problem-free operation. Maybe I could install it on a USB drive or my SDHC card...

You can always try buying an additional HDD (or SSD) for all your games.

danivempire

Oct 26, 2013
Best option I think is get a second hard drive.
Is it a laptot?
If yes get an external drive,
If not an internal is best.
Get a mechanical one, you'll be able to get 1to for less than a ssd drive.
A ssd is great for the os and the program you use the most.
With something like tpa you wouldn't see a difference with a ssd drive.

Alex Atkin UK

Sep 26, 2012
I can certainly confirm that installing TPA on SD card really slows down loading. I have the Asus T100 and putting TPA on a microSD cards means about 5 seconds of black screen when loading the game then again when loading any table. Its not the end of the world but definitely only do it if you have no better option. Although the delay might be a little shorter if you have a fast CPU, this IS only an Atom so its not super fast from the built-in eMMC either. (but that is FAR slower than a proper SSD)

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
We at roughly 4.5 GB now. Each season add's about 1GB.

I second the other suggestions on buying a standard hard drive as a 2nd drive. You can get a high quality 1TB drive for under $60, and a 2TB for $115 (pricing on newegg for Western Digital Blue)

Load times are pretty short on TPA, so drive speed won't matter much.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts