DLC Acheivements not Giving Gamerscore

BonzoGonzo

Jun 12, 2012
This is better than the alternative - wait until they get the leaderboards up and running before releasing the DLC. Just recover your profile once the leaderboards are online! All of you who are complaining the achievements are too easy, and you don't get a sense of accomplishment, well, here's your chance to change that! Run up the high scores, then when everything gets online, you have a real challenge to shoot for! That's what I did, so now when I get the achievement, it feels like a hard won victory. Of course, I still don't have the CV achievement, but that just means I need to get better.

hm, so when the leaderboards and achievments are working properly, if i do a new local top 5 highscore i'll get the achievment 'officially' even though i got one today?

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
hm, so when the leaderboards and achievments are working properly, if i do a new local top 5 highscore i'll get the achievment 'officially' even though i got one today?

No, you will need to recover your profile. Your xbox already flagged the achievement as "achieved" and wont send data to xbox live to flag it again if you meet the requirements again. But when you recover your hiscore list will remain, so you need to beat your own 5 hiscores to get the achievement again.

can only remember one other instance. Was the latest PFX2 dlc.
Top of my head, Costume Quest, Enslaved. Considering thsoe are story driven, imagine how much it sucks having to play through stuff like that again.

Brandon Debes

Mar 29, 2012
you know, like if you buy a game at a buddy, with your profile on his machine

Just as a side note FYI, Microsoft have been banning consoles for this lately.

What other games dlc has this happened with? We are talking a 100% rate so far with this game. Would you bet against it being the same for the next dlc?

FarSight cannot update the xbox.com achievement database. Hate them all you like, but this particular issue is completely on Microsoft. And it has happened with loads of other titles over the past seven years. X360A.org's forums turn into a litany of complaints about this problem whenever it happens.

BonzoGonzo

Jun 12, 2012
No, you will need to recover your profile. Your xbox already flagged the achievement as "achieved" and wont send data to xbox live to flag it again if you meet the requirements again. But when you recover your hiscore list will remain, so you need to beat your own 5 hiscores to get the achievement again.

ok, ok, thnx for clarifying... i'm a bit anxious about stuff that could prevent me playing games i bought on my machine, when not connected on the internet :)

Just as a side note FYI, Microsoft have been banning consoles for this lately.

i never actually did this (see the reason above), but i know some people do...

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
For recovering your profile? They won't. Why would they put the button on the console top do so if it's "forbidden"? I've recovered mine about 10 times now

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
i am going to recover my profile for the second time due to these issues etc,will i be ok to do this every time it happens ?

Microsoft will never do anything for recovering your profile. People who have multiple consoles or like to user their GT at a friends house will be having their GT recovered very often.

Rafie

Jul 17, 2012
I was one of the lucky ones who got the tables early and recently (yesterday) recovered my gamertag to re-earn those achievements. Well, nothing happened. It still says 14/18 earned. *I don't have RBON and Black Hole Wizard goals completed* I'm tired of this. Seriously!

Did I miss something? I didn't read any prior post to this page so if there is a reason this is happening, then can someone enlighten me? What can I do?

DJ Clae

Jun 17, 2012
I was one of the lucky ones who got the tables early and recently (yesterday) recovered my gamertag to re-earn those achievements. Well, nothing happened. It still says 14/18 earned. *I don't have RBON and Black Hole Wizard goals completed* I'm tired of this. Seriously!

Did I miss something? I didn't read any prior post to this page so if there is a reason this is happening, then can someone enlighten me? What can I do?
After recovering your profile you must earn a top 5 score on each table.

Rafie

Jul 17, 2012
No - just the 2 new ones, MB & Gorgar. That will give you 16/18.
You said you hadn't done 2 of them.

That's what I did when I recovered the gamertag and its still not recognizing them. Should I try to recover the gamertag once again?

mark21667

Banned for Multiple Accounts
Aug 29, 2012
Are you sure you're getting a top five score?

A tip for future DLC. Don't use your main gamer tag to play the new tables until the cheevs and leaderboards are up. It is of no benefit to you to do so. Use a different profile and avoid any issues such as this.

N

Nik Barbour

That's what I did when I recovered the gamertag and its still not recognizing them. Should I try to recover the gamertag once again?

Once you recover your profile, as I understand your position, you should have 14 out of 18 achievements (you stated your missing wizard goals for RBION & BH - and you won't have achievements for Gorgar or MB yet). You then need to get a top 5 score in both Gorgar & Monster Bash, earning these should give you 16 out of 18.

Last edited:

DJ Clae

Jun 17, 2012
Are you sure you're getting a top five score?

A tip for future DLC. Don't use your main gamer tag to play the new tables until the cheevs and leaderboards are up. It is of no benefit to you to do so. Use a different profile and avoid any issues such as this.
Or use your profile and don't load your TPA save data when you go for the achievements.

I personally think it's not a problem though since I play the game enough and am usually improving. I can still beat one of my top 5 if I play a while.

mark21667

Banned for Multiple Accounts
Aug 29, 2012
Or use your profile and don't load your TPA save data when you go for the achievements.

I personally think it's not a problem though since I play the game enough and am usually improving. I can still beat one of my top 5 if I play a while.

This will still mean having to recover your profile.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts