DLC Release Date

F

Franky

@ serenseven

Do you think all the companies program coincidentally the same behavior?

Every developer gets a list of Technical Certification Requirements.

That's what i call professional, farsight should learn a lesson and create their own technical certification requirements.

Last edited:
F

Franky

@ xNiCeGuYx

Thanks for posting the requirements, very helpful. It's all in there, they are really taking care, very user friendly. Strict but professional. Obviously there is no time for reading when you have do cobble together two tables every month.

I don't even wanna think about it what would be if microsoft wouldn't have such a detailed "microsoft for dummies" description. Just stick to these 130 requirements and you're ready to go.

Last edited:

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
@ Serenseven

dry your tears and get over it, it's hard but that's the way it is :D:D:D
Weren't you warned once already not to get personal? My emotional state is not the subject of discussion, but since you're interested, I already said I have the iOS version (which despite the occasional bug and the inadequate nudging controls, I'm quite happy with) and access to about 70 real tables locally. I'm definitely not crying. If the 360 version suddenly vanished from the face of the earth, I'd be one of the least affected.

That's what I'm telling you. I don't expect everyone who likes playing video games to read Gamasutra or care about how the industry works on the inside. But those who are going to debate the technical aspects of modern game development on forums should probably do some reading first.
That's why I asked. I've worked with Windows software development off and on for 17 years, and at that point you have enough experience to comment intelligently on software development based on general principles, as long as you remember that you might not grasp the specifics of a "foreign" environment. Since I'm not an XBox developer and don't have the XDK, the contents of the Technical Certification Requirements are unknown to me. I would have a general idea of what's in there, but something as specific as the required handling of memory cards being disconnected during access would not occur to me.

Since Rudy's head has posted a link to an old set of TCRs, yes, I will be doing some reading at lunch. Thank you for the enlightenment.

F

Franky

@ Serenseven

it wasn't personal at all hence are the smilies. Microsoft always have Technical Certification Requirements that's why they are so big. And it's not about the memory card specifically it's about every device that gets disconnected but obviously farsight forget the memory card - but whatever it is, it's sloppy work and again farsights fault. How hard can it be to test this 130 points once you are done? That's called quality management.

Even i could check this points although i've no clue about programming at all. all you need is a xbox.

Last edited:

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
How hard can it be to test this 130 points once you are done? That's called quality management.

Hard enough that Microsoft didnt the first 2 times. Thats where it stings the most, because it obviously wasnt critical enough to check at first, now when all the other points have been fixed all of a sudden it is a dealbreaker. Combined with the fact it's so blindly obvious to everyone that you shouldnt remove a memory card when it's being read, and the consequences of doing so are so minor, it does come across as Microsoft looking for any reason to deny or delay this product. They couldve easily waved this update through but demand a title update to fix this issue for a future release.

Last edited:
F

Franky

do you blame microsoft for the bugs farsight made? and what do you know, maybe it was rejected more often? and whilst farsight have to produce one game, microsoft have to test a zillion stuff.

the companies are no kindergarten, microsoft worked out a "microsoft for dummies" description already, they don't have to wipe out everyones a.... - thoroughness is something self-evident. but obviously farsight needs someone who doublechecks all their work.

Again, it is hard and you can burn your grandma it stays the same, farsight did a sloppy job - again. Let's just see what happens next and how long it will take for farsight to fix this (since it is small and ridiculous as they say it want take long then).

Last edited:

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
do you blame microsoft for the bugs farsight made?
No I don't, I never claimed as such. Feel free to read my post again.

and what do you know, maybe it was rejected more often?

As you can see in the message FS stated, this wasnt noticed in previous submissions. Feel free to read that post again as well.

Brandon Debes

Mar 29, 2012
farsight have to produce one game

No, they don't. They currently have to produce seven games. This is probably a large part of the problem. They are supporting seven different SKUs of this product with a small team. They can't afford to devote all their resources to Microsoft's particularly ridiculous list of certification requirements or they won't be able to release patches on Android, iOS, Kindle Fire, Mac, PS3, and PS Vita or continue working on getting the PC version ready and released. Also, you need to chill out on riding FarSight around here. We're all bummed out to varying degrees about the ongoing problems, but none of us is doing anything to help. I think the least we can do is cut them a little slack.

F

Franky

cut them a little slack.

almost 4 month is enough i'd say.

riding farsight around here

no, i don't want to but it just pisses me off when people pointing there fingers on others just because farsight do some nice talking videos. Some people in here really think that the farsight people are their friends or something. Wake up, they wanna sell you stuff or need your money - that's all.
And almost 4 month without update or dlc is JUST their fault - ALONE.

They are supporting seven different SKUs of this product with a small team.

this is not our problem

ridiculous list of certification requirements

what exactly is ridiculous? it's a very friendly gesture to write down every detail so you don't even need a brain. And these "rediculous" requirements are the reason that everything is still running smoothly. Such things are needed when you work with different companies.
Farsight didn't even manage to avoid those bugs WITH this "rediculous" description, i don't wanna think about it what will be without it.

and again - saying "it was my fault" is something different than blaming others and calling them ridiculous. how someone deals with errors is responsible for reactions.

Last edited:

Brandon Debes

Mar 29, 2012
Some people in here really think that the farsight people are their friends or something. Wake up, they wanna sell you stuff or need your money - that's all.

FarSight are friends of anyone who loves pinball and wants to see it preserved. They need our money to continue doing gods' work. If they give up on this project, nobody else will take it up. These pinball tables will be lost forever when the last practical examples are swallowed by floods or befall similar fates. My nine month old son will never get to experience them in any form. And by the way, please leave this forum forever. That would be swell.

Jan Duin

Feb 20, 2012
I understand there's a lot of disappointment right now but please let's keep this thread civilized. Thanks.

F

Franky

do you really believe what you are saying? you really believe farsight is your "friend"??? they don't giva a f... about you.

nobody else will take it up.

someone else will pick it up. pinball games have been and always will be. why should no one else make a pinball game? even the vp community gets better and better every day altough they aren't professionals. And why should i leave the forum? because I say my opinion and don't say "amen" to everything?

yes i'm pissed and dissapointed but more off how this rejection is handled again. You guys disagree with all the hate against farsight but at the same time you point your fingers on microsoft - it's just ridiculous. let's blame no one or blame the right one.

please let's keep this thread civilized

you're right.

Last edited:

Ark Malmeida

Apr 3, 2012
We're working to see if they will waive the issue and let us fix it in the next release.

Hi Mike. Thanks for taking the time to come in here and level with us and give us the news, even if it's bad news.

Not sure how much more you can say about the approval process, but what channels are there for you to ask them about waiving the issue? Do you have an assigned representative for the approval process? In these situations do you usually expect an answer (good or bad) within a short period of time, like a day or two?

F

Franky

The question should be: "how long will it take to fix it?". when it's that ridiculous i'm sure it can be fixed easily. so it can't be long for the fixed version to get to microsoft.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.