DLC Release Date

Butterkins

Apr 6, 2012
Yah, that was me, a few months back.

At the time, I was wondering how FarSight had managed to circumvent/coerce/combobulate Microsoft's onerous and expensive update practices for XBLA.

Now it looks like FarSight have not been able to do that. Sad panda face.

Frostyglitch

Apr 3, 2012
Yah, that was me, a few months back.

At the time, I was wondering how FarSight had managed to circumvent/coerce/combobulate Microsoft's onerous and expensive update practices for XBLA.

Now it looks like FarSight have not been able to do that. Sad panda face.

Shame, shame, I know your name FarSight. :( It's kind of hard to claim denial of information when even your fans are questioning you about it. But like you said this is something they would/should have known *well in advance anyhow. And to think a small company like theirs could change policies in a decent amount of time is nothing short of ....unreasonable to say the least. I really do hope these guys the best too, but man it's getting tough to stay positive.

Last edited:

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
I have to wait until Mid-June for Medieval Madness? That's just pathetic. We were promised DLC1 the first week of May. Indeed, we were promised new table packs each month but now a whole month will go bye without DLC1 -- a pack that has been available for virtually every other platform for WEEKS! I want MM NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really wish that table had been included in the initial release instead of TOTAN.

I wish we were getting it mid-June. We're looking at early-mid August, and that's if they approve it this time.

infernogott

Apr 6, 2012
this is some serious bull****.

why do they have to re-submit it 2 times? didn't MS tell them after the first submission about the 4mb problem?

xNiCeGuYx

Apr 16, 2012
Microsoft needed nearly 4 weeks just to tell them about the 4 mb limit? Are you ******* kidding me?!!!

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Microsoft needed nearly 4 weeks just to tell them about the 4 mb limit? Are you ******* kidding me?!!!

I think Microsoft told FarSight about the 4 MB limit weeks ago, but FarSight had to state their case and convince Microsoft to make an exception for their game because of the way the framework was built into it requiring a title update bigger that 4 MB everytime they add new DLC tables.

xNiCeGuYx

Apr 16, 2012
So Farsight has to submit the dlc a third time. In this case, microsoft should speed up the process. Farsight should tell M$ about the PS3 release date, maybe M$ will be scared to loose some money if they release the dlc after Sony did.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
So Farsight has to submit the dlc a third time. In this case, microsoft should speed up the process. Farsight should tell M$ about the PS3 release date, maybe M$ will be scared to loose some money if they release the dlc after Sony did.

I have a gut feeling we'll see DLC on the Xbox 360 the same week as the PS3, if not the week before...that's Microsoft for you.

xNiCeGuYx

Apr 16, 2012
I really hope so! I am currently playing PHOF because I need some achievements, but I can't stand the ball physics!

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I really hope so! I am currently playing PHOF because I need some achievements, but I can't stand the ball physics!

Yea, I know what you mean. I applaud FarSight for their efforts on the PHOF, but after playing TPA, you can really tell how bad the ball physics were on the Williams Collection.

RKade8583

Apr 5, 2012
I'm actually kind of happy if only for a selfish reason. I could afford all the dlc in July or (god forbid) August whereas I totally can't in June.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
I have a gut feeling we'll see DLC on the Xbox 360 the same week as the PS3, if not the week before...that's Microsoft for you.

No we won't. There weren't supposed to be any problems after the resubmission, but there were. It takes 30 days to approve content, then an average of 3-4 additional weeks to upload it, assuming they don't reject it again.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
No we won't. There weren't supposed to be any problems after the resubmission, but there were. It takes 30 days to approve content, then an average of 3-4 additional weeks to upload it, assuming they don't reject it again.

Sorry, but I don't see Microsoft allowing Sony to release the DLC before they do. Besides, the DLC was already ready to go with the last submission, FarSight just had to convince Microsoft to allow them to do title updates larger than 4 MB and now that Microsoft agreed, all FarSight has to do is resubmit the tables with no need for Microsoft to retest the DLC that hasn't changed since the last submission. That's why FarSight said they would get them out as quickly as they can instead of saying it's going to take another 4 - 5 weeks.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
So, is this an actual fact, or just an urban legend? Sony really takes orders from Microsoft? Sony needs permission from their video game competition... and they comply? Does that sound right?

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
So, is this an actual fact, or just an urban legend? Sony really takes orders from Microsoft? Sony needs permission from their video game competition... and they comply? Does that sound right?
Not exactly. It's more of Microsoft saying to independent developer: "You make sure your DLC appears on our platform first (or at least simultaneously) or we will never approve it at all." So basically the small developer complies rather than lose access to half their market. Sony is not directly involved in the process.

As for whether it's true, I have no idea. I guess the evidence to disprove it would be to find DLC that exists in both markets where the Sony one came out first. I can't think of any off the top of my head, but what gaming I do is mostly done on the PC.

Sir_LANs-a-lot

Jun 1, 2012
Y'know... there are OTHER games available to play in the meantime while FarSight gets this sorted... ;)

There's plenty of others that I still need to get cheevos on... I'll concentrate on those until the tables are ready...

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Y'know... there are OTHER games available to play in the meantime while FarSight gets this sorted... ;)

There's plenty of others that I still need to get cheevos on... I'll concentrate on those until the tables are ready...

Yes, I suppose I could finish off Witcher 2, and devote some more time to UMVC 3, Skyrim, and other games that haven't seen much use since TPA came out. There's also MAME, VP, and Daphne to keep the retro going as well.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
Not exactly. It's more of Microsoft saying to independent developer: "You make sure your DLC appears on our platform first (or at least simultaneously) or we will never approve it at all." So basically the small developer complies rather than lose access to half their market. Sony is not directly involved in the process.

As for whether it's true, I have no idea. I guess the evidence to disprove it would be to find DLC that exists in both markets where the Sony one came out first. I can't think of any off the top of my head, but what gaming I do is mostly done on the PC.

The thing I wonder is why, if this were true, Farsight would now be giving definite dates for PS3 DLC but not for XBox DLC.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
The thing I wonder is why, if this were true, Farsight would now be giving definite dates for PS3 DLC but not for XBox DLC.

Well they did push the DLC on the PS3 to the end of the month and I'm guessing Microsoft told FarSight that when they resubmit the DLC that they would push it through quickly since nothing was changed in the DLC that was already ready to go.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts