DLC Release Date

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
So, pardon my ignorance, but reading through the thread, is this correct? Does it really take 4-6 weeks for DLC to go through the approval process on 360? Meaning that, the soonest we could possible see packs 4,5, and 6 would be mid-November, since we know they either haven't been submitted yet or were just submitted not to long ago? Bummer if true.
That's why I think my next system will be a Playstation.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Keep in mind that Microsoft only allows one free Patch (Title Update) per XBLA game and a limited number of Patches thereafter. Since The Pinball Arcade requires a Title Update for each table pack that FarSight implements, they more than likely want to use their limited number of Title Updates wisely to ensure they get every table they make for The Pinball Arcade on XLBA.

I figure FarSight will submit DLC Table Packs #4, #5, #6 and The Twilight Zone together within the next week which means the packs will begin rolling out mid-late November and The Twilight Zone should be available by the end of November (since it's time sensitive due to being funded by Kickstarter) on XBLA.

Table Packs #7, #8 and Star Trek : The Next Generation should be submitted together in early December and begin rolling out mid-late January with Star Trek : The Next Generation being available by the end of January (again due to being time sensitive due to being funded by Kickstarter) on XBLA.

FarSight will be taking the extra time to implement all the bug fixes and other content they may have ready before they submit their Table Packs to Microsoft.

All this saves them money and conserves their limited number of Title Updates to ensure that all TPA tables will be available on XLBA. In the end, Xbox 360 users should get an overall more complete game with minimal bugs due to the extra time FarSight will have to work on tables and the game itself before submission.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Keep in mind that Microsoft only allows one free Patch (Title Update) per XBLA game and a limited number of Patches thereafter. Since The Pinball Arcade requires a Title Update for each table pack that FarSight implements, they more than likely want to use their limited number of Title Updates wisely to ensure they get every table they make for The Pinball Arcade on XLBA.

I figure FarSight will submit DLC Table Packs #4, #5, #6 and The Twilight Zone together within the next week which means the packs will begin rolling out mid-late November and The Twilight Zone should be available by the end of November (since it's time sensitive due to being funded by Kickstarter) on XBLA.

Table Packs #7, #8 and Star Trek : The Next Generation should be submitted together in early December and begin rolling out mid-late January with Star Trek : The Next Generation being available by the end of January (again due to being time sensitive due to being funded by Kickstarter) on XBLA.

FarSight will be taking the extra time to implement all the bug fixes and other content they may have ready before they submit their Table Packs to Microsoft.

All this saves them money and conserves their limited number of Title Updates to ensure that all TPA tables will be available on XLBA. In the end, Xbox 360 users should get an overall more complete game with minimal bugs due to the extra time FarSight will have to work on tables and the game itself before submission.
This would be nice, if only it were true. Still, Pinwiz has a good track record, correctly picking every table pack released thus far (except the Elvira tables, which were a last minute addition), which gives me hope, though FS STILL NEEDS TO MAKE AN OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT!

karl

May 10, 2012
Exactly what I was thinking Pin Wiz. BTW, have they finished TZ already? Did not expect that. If that is the case = dribble, dribble :p I was a little worried TZ would not be ready before Christmas since I pledged for beta testing on that and have heard nothing from them yet. Anyway, very good news if true. TZ is gonna be a blast. Been playing a new 20 anniversary edition (1.04) of it that came out for Future pinball today. What a fab game that is and I can only imagine how spectacular the pinball Arcade ver of it on the xbox will be.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012

thanks for the informative post.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012

I was a little worried TZ would not be ready before Christmas since I pledged for beta testing on that and have heard nothing from them yet.
If the beta testers for TZ have not been notified that their services are required yet, I highly doubt the table will be ready for submission by next week. I had interpreted the kickstarter dates as being the Android release timeframe, with iOS following shortly thereafter and the consoles dragging behind much later.

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
What's to say that Twilight Zone isn't already being tested but everyone has signed non-disclosure agreements to stop bugs/problems leaking out into the open?

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
What's to say that Twilight Zone isn't already being tested but everyone has signed non-disclosure agreements to stop bugs/problems leaking out into the open?
It's possible, but that would be very inconsistent behavior from FarSight, considering one of the devs has started two public bug compendia (TOTAN and Black Hole) on this very forum, and the Android betas are posted here for anyone to download along with publicly-visible discussion on the bugs found. This is not a company that's afraid of their bugs.

karl

May 10, 2012
I will sign whatever they want me to sign and be quiet as a mouse if they want me to. I was just saying that I have not heard from them yet at all. Since I am not a regular beta tester I can not say for sure if the usual beta testers have received it yet. Would be a bit strange though, if those who payed 500 to be beta testers get it later than the rest. I am not complaining here. Did not expect to be notified before late October. Just found it a bit strange after reading that Pin Wiz post. I do not even know what system I will be beta testing on yet since they have not told us about that either. If I should have been quiet about this I am truly sorry

xNiCeGuYx

Apr 16, 2012
@PiN WiZ
FS needs the Title Updates for their dlc packs + Microsoft only allows a limited number of patches.
Unless MS changes their rules or FS finds a way to do it without Title Udates, TPA will die on the 360!
If Zen can do it without Title Updates, FS can do it for sure!

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
They don't need title updates do they? I remember getting Gorgar/Monster Bash from the DLC store and it added both tables to the game without needing a patch.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Each DLC Tables Pack requires a Title Update, but if FarSight submits a Title Update that includes 3 Table Packs and The Twilight Zone together, it only counts as one Patch. FarSight will make sure the Xbox 360 gets all the tables they release.

N

Nik Barbour

I guess they can update ahead as well. They probably know what the next 10 or more tables will be and organised into which packs.

Jul 18, 2012
I have to say I have recently adjusted my expectations with regard to new tables. I guess FarSight originally intended 1 set of DLC tables per month across all platforms, but obviously that isn't working out very well. If it was, we would be up to DLC set #6 on the 360 since we are about 6 months after the initial launch.

I'm now personally expecting 360 tables 5 to 6 months after the ios and android release. I had the expectation that I would see a new set of tables each month, since that was the original plan, but after all the disappointing delays, I'm not going to be hoping anymore (especially since it seems like the delays may be an ongoing issue). I suppose this is more of a public relations issue regarding what was originally announced and what has actually happened. I know FarSight is doing the best they can, but I just don't believe anything is coming for the 360 in a timely manner.

If the 360 doesn't get new tables 6 months after the initial release, then I really will be disappointed.

If anything comes out sooner than 6 months, I will just be pleasantly surprised.

I wonder if the idea of set release dates has been considered due to the title update cost -- like do 1 or maybe 2 360 releases a year where whatever has passed the MS inspection can be released? You might get 6 or 12 DLC all at once, and it might be really outdated compared to other platforms, but at least there could be a firm release date?

I will just keep waiting patiently... Halloween 2013 is going to be great with the Elvira tables!! :cool:

They don't need title updates do they? I remember getting Gorgar/Monster Bash from the DLC store and it added both tables to the game without needing a patch.

It seems not everything can be included in the DLC patch which is making things a lot more difficult.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012

The first Xbox 360 Title Update included all the assets for DLC Table Packs #1, #2 and #3. Microsoft chose not to release all three Table Packs at the same time even though they were all approved and ready to go at the same time.

N

Nik Barbour

I have to say I have recently adjusted my expectations with regard to new tables. I guess FarSight originally intended 1 set of DLC tables per month across all platforms, but obviously that isn't working out very well. If it was, we would be up to DLC set #6 on the 360 since we are about 6 months after the initial launch.

I'm now personally expecting 360 tables 5 to 6 months after the ios and android release. I had the expectation that I would see a new set of tables each month, since that was the original plan, but after all the disappointing delays, I'm not going to be hoping anymore (especially since it seems like the delays may be an ongoing issue). I suppose this is more of a public relations issue regarding what was originally announced and what has actually happened. I know FarSight is doing the best they can, but I just don't believe anything is coming for the 360 in a timely manner.

If the 360 doesn't get new tables 6 months after the initial release, then I really will be disappointed.

If anything comes out sooner than 6 months, I will just be pleasantly surprised.

I wonder if the idea of set release dates has been considered due to the title update cost -- like do 1 or maybe 2 360 releases a year where whatever has passed the MS inspection can be released? You might get 6 or 12 DLC all at once, and it might be really outdated compared to other platforms, but at least there could be a firm release date?

I will just keep waiting patiently... Halloween 2013 is going to be great with the Elvira tables!! :cool:

It seems not everything can be included in the DLC patch which is making things a lot more difficult.

I was still hoping it will settle in and become more regular personally. If the current 'optimisations' are lighting changes, once this is rolled out, I can't think why releases couldn't be regular and 4-6 wks behind Android and ios.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts