DLC Release Date

MisterMet

Mar 10, 2013
What sucks harder at this point is that I'm pretty sure Xbox release is holding up the Simpsons and Terminator kickstarters.

March and the tables aren't even in Microsoft cert... This means May is the earliest now. Lets just all get ps3s there's no point anymore.

Was just thinking about this. I paid $30 for the TNG Kickstarter to play it on the 360, and obviously haven't gotten anything for my money yet. I'd love to get Terminator 2 (or whatever else), but won't donate again until Farsight has demonstrated the ability to release tables on the 360. I'm sure there's plenty of other people like me, in that respect.

night

May 18, 2012
Was just thinking about this. I paid $30 for the TNG Kickstarter to play it on the 360, and obviously haven't gotten anything for my money yet. I'd love to get Terminator 2 (or whatever else), but won't donate again until Farsight has demonstrated the ability to release tables on the 360. I'm sure there's plenty of other people like me, in that respect.

I am on the iPad2, TZ graphics are poop, and it has stutter issues, just like ST:TNG. I am not very tempting to spend any money on a FarSight kickstarter when the results are like this. That's not how you deliver a 'most wanted table' to you customers. Even though it may sound tempting when they want to fund a table like Terminator/Indiana Jones/The Sound of Music, looking at the final results it's like someone put a needle in my big red balloon.. An I like my balloon.

hectorpuppet

May 21, 2012
Here's something I've been wondering (and I can't quite remember the timeline so correct me if I'm wrong): Did Crave go belly up before or after FS started accepting Kickstarter funding for STTNG? Did FS take the money knowing full well they wouldn't be able to deliver them to the 360 users (not to mention the PC users who are also SOL) ?

Last edited:

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Here's something I've been wondering (and I can't quite remember the timeline so correct me if I'm wrong): Did Crave go belly up before or after FS started accepting Kickstarter funding for STTNG? Did FS take the money knowing full well they wouldn't be able to deliver them to the 360 users (not to mention the PC users who are also SOL)?
Crave filed for bankruptcy on October 31. ST:TNG's kickstarter ended September 16.

hectorpuppet

May 21, 2012
Thanks for clearing that up.

I don't see why FFS (sic) just doesn't go ahead and keep doing Kickstarters. I have no doubt that if they were to launch one tomorrow for Dolly Parton with a 250k goal, there would still be enough nutswingers out there to help them exceed it.

Shulk

Jan 22, 2013
So all the DLC is still gonna be 400 points each right? Or are the premium tables gonna be more expensive?

Also, there's going to be a Simpsons kickstarter? And is it for the old one or the new one?

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Well, I got what I deserved for trusting in Wikipedia. But the October 31 date is the one that is all over the Internet - is that when the bankruptcy formally happened instead of when it was filed?

interesting.....
Not really. Even if FarSight was aware of Crave's impending demise beforehand, they wouldn't have stopped ST:TNG's kickstarter over it (because all the other platforms were unaffected by Crave going under), nor would they have necessarily excluded the 360 from the listed platforms if they had expected to be able to transfer the publishing rights more quickly than is actually happening.

hectorpuppet

May 21, 2012
Well either way it still seems kind of shady to me. Thankfully I never contributed so what do I care.

But if all the other platforms were unaffected by Crave going under, what's stopping them from running another Kickstarter now?

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Well either way it still seems kind of shady to me. Thankfully I never contributed so what do I care.

But if all the other platforms were unaffected by Crave going under, what's stopping them from running another Kickstarter now?
There are a lot of 360 and PC backers who are still owed tables from the first two kickstarters. To start a third kickstarter effort before delivering on the first two would risk a backlash of negative publicity from these backers (many of whom are already screaming bloody murder every chance they get) and would probably doom the effort. Also, the next kickstarter table is supposed to be Terminator 2. This table does not command as loyal a following as TZ and ST:TNG do, so FarSight will probably need every last backer they can find to make it work.

hectorpuppet

May 21, 2012
At this point they can't leave the 360 players' d!cks in the dirt any more than they already have.

I have no doubt that they could reach their goal if they started another one. There's still a lot of enthusiasm and loyalty out there for this product for some strange reason.

Last edited:

Bonzo

May 16, 2012
The "strange reason" might be, that TPA is a great concept that delivers countless hours of fun for little money?

aangel

Jul 7, 2012
The "strange reason" might be, that TPA is a great concept that delivers countless hours of fun for little money?

If you have access frequent table releases yeah maybe, but if you had the opposite experience; enthusiasm not so much. Just being honest.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
Called it.

Your vitriolic posts are becoming pretty irksome.

They communicated quite clear that their new publisher hasnt acquired the rights to publish as long as the judge hasnt ruled over the banktruptcy case. Until then the creditors of Crave (or whatever entity is their parent company) can hold those rights hostage because each and every article in Crave's possession becomes the creditors' at that point.

Last edited:

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
At this point they can't leave the 360 players' d!cks in the dirt any more than they already have.

I have no doubt that they could reach their goal if they started another one. There's still a lot of enthusiasm and loyalty out there for this product for some strange reason.
As has been explained countless times both here and in the Facebook swamp, the publisher went bankrupt and the publishing rights are in the hands of a court. If anyone is getting screwed here, it's FarSight. For us it's a game; for them it's lost income.

The enthusiasm and loyalty is because TPA is the only way you can play re-creations of real pinball machines on platforms other than PC, so far as I know. (And even on PC, Visual Pinball is a beast to get working, sometimes doesn't stay working after it's setup, and the re-creations of licensed tables both vary widely in quality and are in a legal grey area.) For those of us here who are not blessed with a nearby arcade full of machines or access to a private collection, it's the only way for us to play machines we once loved. So most of us are willing to put up with a bit more headache than we might with some other game.

And I have to agree with bavelb here: You're quickly wearing out your welcome with all this negativity. Being critical of the game is one thing (and is allowed), insinuating that the company that produced it is fraudulent with every post is another.

hectorpuppet

May 21, 2012
Point taken.

But do NOT insinuate that I'm a Facebook user. That's an insult I simply won't stand for.

And let me ask one more thing before I F off back under my bridge: Back when FS had a publisher, the 360 got a grand total of 3 DLC packs in 6 months time. Does anybody really expect anything to change if they ever do get to publish again?

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts