DLC Release Date

Brandon Debes

Mar 29, 2012
One other weird bit of information about the 99% complete optional update issue is that it isn't showing up on the XBLM web page for the title. The web and console versions of the Marketplace should be completely in sync. The fact that it's not listed on the web makes me think it's not yet "available" and that's why nobody can complete the download. Probably the last thing that happens in the download process is the DRM signing of the content to the console on which it was first downloaded (the offline use half of the dual-DRM system on XBLM). Maybe it can't complete that because the content isn't available. But then why does the title itself see it as being available? I dunno.

A8zs0.gif

laughing_lunatic

Jun 6, 2012
Let's hope everything works out today!

although I have the DLC 1 & 2 tables already, I hope that things work out well today for everyone. Good news is always good news.

(and of course I will be getting the DLC on XBOX as soon as humanly possible !!)

So when it asks for the optional update, should I refuse it?

nah, give it a go anyway. You never know, you could be the first to successfully update and get to be Bertie Big Bollox for a while :)

edit: just read Mike's post below, best take his advice I think.

Last edited:

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
One other weird bit of information about the 99% complete optional update issue is that it isn't showing up on the XBLM web page for the title. The web and console versions of the Marketplace should be completely in sync. The fact that it's not listed on the web makes me think it's not yet "available" and that's why nobody can complete the download. Probably the last thing that happens in the download process is the DRM signing of the content to the console on which it was first downloaded (the offline use half of the dual-DRM system on XBLM). Maybe it can't complete that because the content isn't available. But then why does the title itself see it as being available? I dunno.

A8zs0.gif

So when it asks for the optional update, should I refuse it?

Yes, we believe it's not fully available on the server yet so you should wait. Most likely it won't be available until 8/2.

Table Packs 1 and 2 should be out today, hopefully in a few hours.

Pinhead

Feb 29, 2012
We believe the DLC is being propagated today. So at some point today there should be table packs 1 and 2.

The release date for the lauch table fixes is 8/2 at 9am UTC, so we're not sure why it's partially available. I would suggest trying again later, as it's possible it's not fully on the server. It may not work fully till 8/2
Congrats! That's awesome news!! :D After such a trying experience I imagine it must be quite a relief to finally see the light at end of the tunnel.

FWIW if forced to choose I'm much more stoked for new tables than the fixes to my existing ones table anyway, especially when I'm sure that that optional patch will sorted shortly.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
I've become sufficiently fond of Creature from the Black Lagoon on my phone that now I'm going to be waiting anxiously for pack #4. But it'll be nice to be able to see those busy playfields on Medieval Madness and Cirqus Voltaire a lot more clearly, and it'll be interesting to do the apples-to-apples comparison of Funhouse between TPA/XBox and PHoF/Wii.

Huffster

Jul 31, 2012
despite the content, that comparison sounds more like apples-to-oranges....

Yeah, PHoF was released for xbox 360, so TPA/XBox v.s PHoF/XBox would be more appropriate. I don't have a Wii, but I think it's only in standard def and not even hi-res like the XBox 360version.

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
Are there any screenshots of what the new DLC tables will look like on the 360? I hope that they don't have the annoying darkness of the tables on the PS3 version.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.