DLC Release Date

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Got Pack #1. Bride of Pin*Bot is awesome! MM is rubbish. The flipper gap makes this a nearly unplayable SDTM nightmare! Oh well, at least we have new tables finally!

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Got Pack #1. Bride of Pin*Bot is awesome! MM is rubbish. The flipper gap makes this a nearly unplayable SDTM nightmare! Oh well, at least we have new tables finally!

Wasn't the flipper gap supposed to be already fixed on the Xbox version? I'm sure they said that what seems like months ago ( oh, it was! :D )

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Ha ha ha! Nice catch. Screenshotted in case they fix it:
6XbWo.png

I hope this proves that we had it approved since May and for some reason it never got released. :D

The flipper gap is there because we submitted back in May before we had a chance to fix it.

laughing_lunatic

Jun 6, 2012
Got Pack #1. Bride of Pin*Bot is awesome!
While I love BoP as a table, do you not find the physics a little bouncy ? I found the PS3 version bouncy (didn't stop me from getting all the wizard goals, mind you), and having a quick go on Bride on XBOX, seems even bouncier... making any kind of meaningful flipper/ball control REALLY tough.

Sir_LANs-a-lot

Jun 1, 2012
Tables look good - It'll be interesting to see them with the 02-Aug update applied.

Leaderboards for the new tables just sit at "Loading..." for me too... I thought they just might be a bit swamped.. :confused:

xNiCeGuYx

Apr 16, 2012
BoP has the less bounciness imo.
Also MM has not only the flipper gap, the flippers aren't symmetrical. The left one looks a bit strange.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
Ok Xbox 360 dudes, someone step up and be a hero , post some video on Youtube so you can spread the good news . prefer to see some nice HD vids soon.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
The flipper gap is there because we submitted back in May before we had a chance to fix it.
Uh oh...does this mean Cirqus Voltaire is going to have all that weirdness with the multiple balls getting trapped in the plunger lane, because it too was submitted before those issues could be fixed?

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
While I love BoP as a table, do you not find the physics a little bouncy ? I found the PS3 version bouncy (didn't stop me from getting all the wizard goals, mind you), and having a quick go on Bride on XBOX, seems even bouncier... making any kind of meaningful flipper/ball control REALLY tough.
It's not as bouncy as the core tables, so it seems they are working on this issue.
One thing that is almost as bad as the flipper gap are the inlane accelerators on MM. The ball seems to speed through like a rocket when it enters the inlane, regardless of how fast it was traveling beforehand (especially the right inlane). It's like it hits a nitro boost pad from those arcadey racing games in the late 80s and 90s.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Uh oh...does this mean Cirqus Voltaire is going to have all that weirdness with the multiple balls getting trapped in the plunger lane, because it too was submitted before those issues could be fixed?

Unfortunatly I can't remember if we fixed that before or after the submission. Any fixes that are changed in code/executuable are part of the title update. Any fixes that are asset changes like textures, models, collisions, physics values, lighting are part of the DLC download (which was submitted in May)

will the aug 2 update also fix the mm gap?

Aug 2 update will only fix issues with the launch tables. Physics, Collisions, Lighting, etc.

I know that all seems complicated, but unfortunatly the way MS handles Updates and DLC we can't release everything in sync like we can on iOS and Android.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Unfortunatly I can't remember if we fixed that before or after the submission. Any fixes that are changed in code/executuable are part of the title update. Any fixes that are asset changes like textures, models, collisions, physics values, lighting are part of the DLC download (which was submitted in May)
Aug 2 update will only fix issues with the launch tables. Physics, Collisions, Lighting, etc.
I know that all seems complicated, but unfortunatly the way MS handles Updates and DLC we can't release everything in sync like we can on iOS and Android.
Just as long as we get them eventually.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.