DLC Release Date

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
@Mike
is it possible to reset the leaderboards for a table easily? Bugs like the MB jackpot make me think about that.
Leaderboards can be reset, but it is not easy to do so. Another game, Toy Soldiers: Cold War, had a far worse bug. Someone got the number one position on the all the leaderboards, even though the score is an odd number, yet it is exactly the same on all boards. It is also impossible to get that score on most of them, since many are timed and have a finite amount of targets to get points on. It's likely he hacked the game illegally. The company is aware of this, but they have to work with MS to fix the problem, and could not give a definite answer as to when that would be.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
Just as a little positive reinforcement (and by no means rubbing peoples nose in) MB is absolutely great apart from that one oversight, and I can even see myself playing Gorgar, and thats a feat Mike (and everyone else ofcourse).

And having been able to catch a glimpse of whats coming after that, Im really really looking forward to Cftbl, Taxi and HD.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
I wish people didn't complain about the leaderboards. I'd rather play the tables and not be able to have my scores uploaded than not be able to play them at all. Not only do those who didn't buy the tables immediately lose out this time, we will all lose, since it's likely MS will hold back the DLC in future releases for an additional week or two (maybe even longer) before releasing it so they won't be troubled by complainers and other stupid people.

Last edited:

pinbot-76

Jul 11, 2012
To be fair to people who care about the leaderboards... score is a huge part of pinball. Even as a casual gamer being just mildly competitive I still want to see where my score ranks among my friends and other better players worldwide. It's a big thing, the MB scoring glitch.

Adam

Apr 5, 2012
I wish people didn't complain about the leaderboards. I'd rather play the tables and not be able to have my scores uploaded than not be able to play them at all. Not only do those who didn't buy the tables immediately lose out this time, we will all lose, since it's likely MS will hold back the DLC for an additional week or two (maybe even longer) before releasing it so they won't be troubled by complainers and other stupid people.

Agree 100%. Thanks for screwing the folks who didn't have the time to download the second it was up and whine to MS, leaderboard snitches.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
If you haven't seen this on Facebook....

The Pinball Arcade
Microsoft has not told us why Table Pack 3 has been removed from the store despite our numerous attempts to contact them. When we know something, we will pass along the information.

RetroDude

Mar 24, 2012
heh.. I'm a software developer and have to use MicroSoft products on a daily (constant) basis...

oh.. I cuss them constantly for seemingly STUPID decisions. Not just business decisions, but some really strange things in the way some of their development products work as well.
(and handy features that vanish from later releases always chaps me...)

Dealing with MicroSoft really is a Love/Hate relationship.

N

Nik Barbour

Lucky for you guys it's not up to me. :p j/k

Honestly, I keep thinking we have ironed out all the issues, and then yesterday happens.

Hopefully the rest of the week will go better!

I'm still hoarse from begging the wife to let me get an xbox, there aint a snowballs chance in hell she'll buy me a ps3 so please keep plugging away with MS! :)

Don't know if this was already asked - but, is dlc4 already in submission?

Neil L

Aug 5, 2012
@Mike
is it possible to reset the leaderboards for a table easily? Bugs like the MB jackpot make me think about that.

On the topic of the MB bug screwing up the leaderboards, is there a way to reset the high scores and the goals on single tables (maybe an option in the future?)

Emmanuel Papillon

Apr 26, 2012
I wish people didn't complain about the leaderboards. I'd rather play the tables and not be able to have my scores uploaded than not be able to play them at all. Not only do those who didn't buy the tables immediately lose out this time, we will all lose, since it's likely MS will hold back the DLC in future releases for an additional week or two (maybe even longer) before releasing it so they won't be troubled by complainers and other stupid people.
Except that scoring is, you know, THE WHOLE POINT OF PINBALL. You want to beat your own score, and improve your ranking, it's the whole concept behind pinball. But I see some people have now resorted to insults to defend mind boggling mistakes that should have never appeared in a released version.
Even locally, this destroys the table. What if you have to nudge left during multiball? Boom, two millions, without you asking anything. Scores, be they local or worldwide, are now meaningless, and this makes the table worthless, that's just how it is, so please stop defending it and whining about people being understandably annoyed. At least THEY have a reason to be annoyed about.

Also, BTW, the Toy Soldiers: Cold War exploit is really a joke compared to this one. Here, anybody can score as much as they want on this table. How can it be worse than this? And finally, leaderboard reset happened without problem on Super Meat Boy, where the guys removed all the zero times due to their bugs.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
Funny that when I see Emmanuel posted something I know its gonna be an angry, negative read. Its always the same folks coming out of the woodworks when something ****ty happens. If they think the product is that crap, you'd think they'd quit playing.

Bit of a shame that Farsight keeps giving these folks ammo though. Oh well....

N

Nik Barbour

Been said by others - but I would much rather have a table to play without being able to post scores, than have nothing for several weeks until all is fixed!
Would have thought that was a no brainer!

Brandon Debes

Mar 29, 2012
lzvdu.gif

Please go away. We get it. You don't like The Pinball Arcade anymore. So why are you visiting digitalpinballfans.com still? Just uninstall the game, remove this link from your bookmarks, and go find another corner of the Internet to grumble at. You'll be happier. We'll be happier. It's win/win.

RKade8583

Apr 5, 2012
Been said by others - but I would much rather have a table to play without being able to post scores, than have nothing for several weeks until all is fixed!

You've hit on it. They're dealing with MS. Bureaucracy doesn't have a higher brain function.

laughing_lunatic

Jun 6, 2012

I'm with you, Nik. I just want to play. I'm not good enough to have my high scores mean anything apart from to myself. I just want to enjoy the tables.

Volitar Prime

Jun 24, 2012
I’m in the camp that would rather they fix the bugs instead of pushing the release back out. As it is I won’t buy this pack until the bugs are fixed. I’m already not going to play Black Hole or Medieval Madness until they are fixed. I don’t need to have 2 more buggy tables installed that I also won’t play for another month or more.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts