DLC Release Date

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
How did people keep track of their bagatel high scores without leaderboard support?

Ah yes, the grand push for telegraph-enabled centralized bagatelle scoring during the U. S. Grant administration, culminating in the 1873 driving of the Golden Pin at Plunger Hill, Utah.

Unfortunately, in the bagatelle dens that sprung up in gold-prospecting boomtowns of the Wild West it was common for cheats to bribe or threaten the key operators. There was a great demand for automated scoring, but the first claimed mechanism turned out to be a hoax run by the Crudup Gang, notorious leaderboard bandits of Virginia City, with a dwarf operator sitting in the base of the cabinet.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Ah yes, the grand push for telegraph-enabled centralized bagatelle scoring during the U. S. Grant administration, culminating in the 1873 driving of the Golden Pin at Plunger Hill, Utah.

Unfortunately, in the bagatelle dens that sprung up in gold-prospecting boomtowns of the Wild West it was common for cheats to bribe or threaten the key operators. There was a great demand for automated scoring, but the first claimed mechanism turned out to be a hoax run by the Crudup Gang, notorious leaderboard bandits of Virginia City, with a dwarf operator sitting in the base of the cabinet.
Wasn't that an episode of Wild Wild West?

Mungoholly

Jun 29, 2012
Had so much fun playing through the goals the other night!
Barnyard multiball madness!

agreed im happy to wait...still cant believe i didnt buy dlc 3 straight away but hey...thems the breaks....

loving MM at the moment..trying to stack those multiballs is a challenge i'l be happy with till MB is finally released

Mark Miwurdz

Apr 7, 2012
My understanding is we plan to update with packs 4 and 5.

From what I read yesterday in the Xbox Dev forums, you can reset leaderboards, it just requires an approval from Microsoft.

Mike, the MB glitch is a no-brainer, but do you plan to fix the Funhouse bug in either update? Btw, was the similar Ripley's bug fixed in the last update?

N

Nik Barbour

My understanding is we plan to update with packs 4 and 5.

From what I read yesterday in the Xbox Dev forums, you can reset leaderboards, it just requires an approval from Microsoft.

Thanks Mike!
Is the plan to go bi-monthly release going forwards then? (missed it, if this was already discussed).
Makes sense if it saves you MS fees.

Last edited:

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Mike, can you type what all is fixed in the next updade, please?

Thanks!!!

I'll try to start making a list and then post it when we release.

Thanks Mike!
Is the plan to go bi-monthly release going forwards then? (missed it, if this was already discussed).
Makes sense if it saves you MS fees.

I'm not sure if that is the plan, but we're close to haveing pack 5 done, so it makes sense to do an update with both. Managment makes the decisions on submissions so when we have dates we'll let you all know.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
I'm not sure if that is the plan, but we're close to haveing pack 5 done, so it makes sense to do an update with both. Managment makes the decisions on submissions so when we have dates we'll let you all know.

Thanks for keeping us in the loop, while one hand its a tiny bit of a shame we wont see dlc for a while (Ill estimate 6 weeks before we can at least hope :))' Id rather know than hope each tuesday for naught.

10 tables is a lot better to keep you busy than 4 however, so its easier to be patient now (assuming dlc 3 is up for everyone else soon that is :))

N

Nik Barbour

I'll try to start making a list and then post it when we release.

Thanks again Mike!
BK & Taxi in one hit, stock up the cupboards coz I ain't leaving the house for a while when those 2 release!

xNiCeGuYx

Apr 16, 2012
OMG, MS YOU ARE ***HOLES!!!!1!11!!!!

This is from FS's Facebook site:
"We have a couple announcements today.

We are happy to announce that Table Pack 3 (Monster Bash and 4 have been released for Mac! We hope that you guys enjoy these four great tables.

This morning, we heard from Microsoft that they mistakenly release the content before its official release date. We are now scheduled to be (re)released on August 28th.

We are going to need your help, Microsoft has told us that there are no promotions (store placement, etc) available to us regardless of when we released this content. If you like our game, please help us spread the word on XBLA and XBLA forums."

Last edited:

pinbot-76

Jul 11, 2012
I don't get it. If the content is ready to go why not release asap? Especially since some people already have the DLC.

I'm pretty miffed at MS... and contemplating not renewing gold in a couple of months.

xNiCeGuYx

Apr 16, 2012
So, FS needs our help, can anyone with better english than me write a letter/mail which everyone can just copy&paste and send it to MS please?

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
So, FS needs our help, can anyone with better english than me write a letter/mail which everyone can just copy&paste and send it to MS please?
I dont think thats the help they are asking for. They want us to promote their game online because they cant get a promotion on xbla storefront. not unsurprising considering the biggest competitor is pfx2, and the week after their popcap table releases.

Sadly I dont have much of an online presence apart from this forum, so not much I can do.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts