DLC Release Date

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
After much debate, I've decided to just KEEP WAITING. Yes, keep waiting.

We have to be getting close. It's the middle of April. We have been hearing the line "soon" since December... Really hope we get some kind of update in the next newsletter...

Just can't justify spending 250$ on a PS3 when I feel a 360 announcement could be right around the corner. That and with 100+ XBLA/GSOD stuff sitting on my account, I have to rebuy a 360 anyway... and there's rumors now of a 360 super slim for 99$...

MisterMet

Mar 10, 2013
Just checked this thread again to see if there was more news, and wanted to chime in. Yes, I'm disappointed there's still no news for the 360, and I'm disappointed I still haven't gotten anything for the $30 I threw in for the TNG kickstarter, and yes, I probably won't donate to a T2 kickstarter until I get a TNG reward. That said, the only reason I'm upset is because TPA is such a great game that I want as much content for it as possible. The tables WILL come out eventually, even if it's not until the next gen xbox. Why would Farsight ignore such a huge audience? And when things finally get released, I'm going to playing 30+ tables and loving it. Hopefully there's a nice "Christmas morning" feeling of getting every table at once.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
I'm afraid my time with TPA on 360 has run its course and I'm moving over to Steam.

Last edited:

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
...and you will come back because of some idiots hacking the leaderboards.

Nah, I don't care about all-around leaderboards. I only care about a competitive friendslist. Monster Bash is still one of my current favourites even with the broken multiball.

This doesnt have much to do with the current delay in new tables mind you (although this would probably have been prevented if I had invested a ton of points in all the non-availble tables for a collection instead of the "mere" 2400 currently), but the all around delay and annoyances in patching and tablereleases that would exist even if everything would be perfectly normal. Almost instant patching and sameday releases as mobile platforms, compared to similar controls as 360, plus a nextgen proof platform makes the choice easy for me personally.

360 is my all around prefered platform for gaming these days (Im currently rebuying a lot of currentgen "classics" on 360) but not when it comes to games that get a lot of downloadable (sometimes free) content/support like TPA, or L4D2/TF2 in the past. The PC is hooked up to the TV already, just need to send the signal to it for those times that I want to.

Last edited:

smooverr

Oct 28, 2012
I can't believe anyone seriously thinks the 360 is getting updated. It's been 8 months since a table was released, around 4 since they picked a new publisher, and they are hard at work on the PC/next gen versions. It's over folks.

They haven't given us a single concrete update since they chose said publisher. I'm not blaming FS, I know the legal ramifications are beyond their control, but lets be realistic, this is looking like it will never be resolved.

Ark Malmeida

Apr 3, 2012
I only wish we could know more about the process of getting the asset through the bankruptcy court. Seems like that's the only realistic way we could know if we're ever going to see TPA re-emerge on the 360 or not. It definitely is a bummer seeing all the excitement about these new and upcoming table packs knowing that we don't get to play them on the system that is the lead development platform.

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
It definitely is a bummer seeing all the excitement about these new and upcoming table packs knowing that we don't get to play them on the system that is the lead development platform.

So true, so true.

What concerns me now is that fact that even if the Xbox situation is resolved and the Steam version is up and running in a couple of months, how long is it going to be before we can start enjoying all of these unreleased table packs that have been backlogged for months already, and that every other TPA player has been able to buy on their platform of choice for some time...

EDIT: Man, 197,300 views on this topic. That's a whole lot of loolah going down the pan, with people just waiting to buy. Frustrating for us, even more so for FarSight.

Last edited:

Ark Malmeida

Apr 3, 2012
So true, so true.

What concerns me now is that fact that even if the Xbox situation is resolved and the Steam version is up and running in a couple of months, how long is it going to be before we can start enjoying all of these unreleased table packs that have been backlogged for months already, and that every other TPA player has been able to buy on their platform of choice for some time...

Exactly what I'm thinking. Unfortunately it might not be until the next XBox (if I decide to pick it up) that I finally get to play the tables on a big screen with proper nudge.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
So true, so true.

EDIT: Man, 197,300 views on this topic. That's a whole lot of loolah going down the pan, with people just waiting to buy. Frustrating for us, even more so for FarSight.

I've brought this up a few times.

Let's say hypothetically the 360 DLC get's submitted to Microsoft 2 months from now. That would be July, basically. Meaning DLC ready to release in August. Besides Star Trek and Twilight Zone, which will come first, we will have... wait for it... Creature and Black Knight? That's stupid.

Some are proposing a weekly or bi-weekly DLC release. Weekly wouldn't be -too- bad, but bi-weekly is not acceptable. You're talking about, 11 DLC packs at that time that will need released to catch up with other platforms... at 1 release per week, that would take an additional 3 months of waiting. Bi-weekly releases would take 6 months to get caught up... that's unacceptable, and not right for 360 owners who have been patiently waiting this out for close to a year.

I say drop it all at once. We are big boys and girls, nobody has to purchase everything right then and there (although you can bet your butt I'll be there, day 1, with 60 bucks worth of Microsoft points :).

The best idea, honestly, is to just launch a Pinball Arcade 2. New interface, old purchase transfers over... get yourself a brand spanking new spot on the 360 marketplace, and 34 tables to choose from... I think it would be a hit that could easily outshine Pinball FX on the arcade. But we'll see how this all pans out.

Last edited:

Daniel Osborne

Feb 28, 2012
Like I say, I'll probably get my twilight zone, but that's it. I really don't think much of Microsofts efforts to get my next generation interests at all. The only thing I'm no looking forward to is that godawful, stuck in the 90's dual shock controller.

hectorpuppet

May 21, 2012
I can't believe anyone seriously thinks the 360 is getting updated. It's been 8 months since a table was released, around 4 since they picked a new publisher, and they are hard at work on the PC/next gen versions. It's over folks.

^This.

Whatever frustration I had has pretty much turned into apathy at this point.

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
I've brought this up a few times.

Let's say hypothetically the 360 DLC get's submitted to Microsoft 2 months from now. That would be July, basically. Meaning DLC ready to release in August. Besides Star Trek and Twilight Zone, which will come first, we will have... wait for it... Creature and Black Knight? That's stupid.

Some are proposing a weekly or bi-weekly DLC release. Weekly wouldn't be -too- bad, but bi-weekly is not acceptable. You're talking about, 11 DLC packs at that time that will need released to catch up with other platforms... at 1 release per week, that would take an additional 3 months of waiting. Bi-weekly releases would take 6 months to get caught up... that's unacceptable, and not right for 360 owners who have been patiently waiting this out for close to a year.

I say drop it all at once. We are big boys and girls, nobody has to purchase everything right then and there (although you can bet your butt I'll be there, day 1, with 60 bucks worth of Microsoft points :).

The best idea, honestly, is to just launch a Pinball Arcade 2. New interface, old purchase transfers over... get yourself a brand spanking new spot on the 360 marketplace, and 34 tables to choose from... I think it would be a hit that could easily outshine Pinball FX on the arcade. But we'll see how this all pans out.

Mark, I completely agree with everything you've just said, especially with regard to the possible launch of Pinball Arcade 2.

Not sure where you get the 11 unreleased table packs from though (and I'm sure you'll now go on to list them!), is there really that many?!

Could I also just say, that at this point in the life-cycle of the Xbox360, there is no room to wait 6 months for DLC content to catch up with other platforms. FarSight would just end up losing out again as more users adopt next-gen.

Unfortunately, my feeling at this time is that TPA on the Xbox360 will not be seeing any more updates or DLC.

Last edited:

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
Like I say, I'll probably get my twilight zone, but that's it. I really don't think much of Microsofts efforts to get my next generation interests at all. The only thing I'm no looking forward to is that godawful, stuck in the 90's dual shock controller.

Daniel, I tried to reply to your PM some time ago but your mailbox must be full. Just a heads-up.

Ark Malmeida

Apr 3, 2012
Do any forum members have any real-world knowledge of how the courts work with bankruptcy assets? I'm just trying to see if there is any way to get an idea of a time frame for the courts to make a decision on Crave's assets. Everything looked so hopeful back at the beginning of this year, but almost four months in, there's been no movement whatsoever, as far as we know. Can these cases just sit in limbo indefinitely?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts