DLC Release Date

Mark Miwurdz

Apr 7, 2012
The bankrupcy thing is probably a smoke screen. If not, that 'smoke' should have started to clear ages ago. It's dead on the 360. Has been for months. Move on like I did a day after a table appeared on the PS3 and not on the 360.

Kaos

Jul 26, 2012
Do any forum members have any real-world knowledge of how the courts work with bankruptcy assets? I'm just trying to see if there is any way to get an idea of a time frame for the courts to make a decision on Crave's assets. Everything looked so hopeful back at the beginning of this year, but almost four months in, there's been no movement whatsoever, as far as we know. Can these cases just sit in limbo indefinitely?

Asked my cousin, who does corporate law and has seen a number of bankruptcy proceedings. He says that, depending on the case (assets involves, the creditors, etc), it can take anywhere from a few months to 3 years or more. I'm pretty much waving the white flag at this point. I hold no animosity toward FarSight, who I'm sure want this cleared up even more than I do, but the facts are; There's no end in sight (as far as we know), the 360 is nearing the end of it's lifespan, and I have a 51 in. TV. So no, I'm not going to play on a 7 in. tablet. No, I'm not buying a new platform just to play a single game (albeit with numerous tables). And no, I don't want my kickstarter money refunded, I'm glad I was able to help preserve some historic tables, I just wish I knew how this was going to turn out ahead of time. Much like someone else posted, I'm beyond fustrated, now I'm just filled with apathy and depression when I view this thread. So yeah, white flag waved.

Gordon

May 28, 2012
I hope them understand my bad english what I mean.
Which tables are in the bankruptcy proceedings?!
Can FS a new main version with 2 or 4 other tables from the new DLC's publish, then new name Pinball Arcade 1. Then all new dlc. Old DLC and main tables as DLC if the bankruptcy proceedings finished?

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Gord,

By anything do you mean they couldn't release a platform game if they wanted to? As in the rights to publish Farsight games is also considered an asset in the BR case?

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Gord,

By anything do you mean they couldn't release a platform game if they wanted to? As in the rights to publish Farsight games is also considered an asset in the BR case?

Can't do anything with Pinball Arcade. We could do other Xbox 360 games if we had a publisher for those.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
So gauging the last few comments, I guess most now believe this is a lost cause? Trusted posting sources too...

Well, ****, I guess that's it. Farsight is going to piss off quite a few people when they finally come out and admit 360 is a lost cause...

I doubt they will be able to even hit future kickstarters barring anything outside of Addams Family. The 360 user base is 10k strong, that's a lot of burnt users...

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
There was never any mention that we are dropping Xbox 360. We're waiting on the courts. If we weren't going to release on Xbox anymore, I wouldn't bother building all the tables on there first.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
I don't want to give up on the 360 version, but if my laptop can handle the steam version, that will happen. I just hope that steam won't be as draconian with dlc as Microsoft is.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Actually, the Xbox 360 user base is closer to 30k and that's with no updates for the past 8 months.

Wow.

That's very impressive. With the new content I could easily see that number doubling.

Do a sale on old content and/or the relaunch we speculate and I believe they could reach 100k or more.

The last details I heard sounded promising.

Thanks Mike and I feel much more confident now. Mike can you say, if you're allowed, if 360 users will get say, a rom-emulated Black Knight, and otherwise cleaned up/latest updated versions of the old tables when the content actually arrives*?

*by old tables I mean all the unreleased 360 dlc.

Last edited:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Wow.

That's very impressive. With the new content I could easily see that number doubling.

Do a sale on old content and/or the relaunch we speculate and I believe they could reach 100k or more.

Thanks Mike and I feel much more confident now. Mike can you say, if you're allowed, if 360 users will get say, a rom-emulated Black Knight, and otherwise cleaned up/latest updated versions of the old tables when the content actually arrives*?

*by old tables I mean all the unreleased 360 dlc.

I know you're looking for an official response, but I'll throw this in there. Since FarSight has yet to submit any content to Microsoft, all fixes and tweaks (including ROM emulated Black Knight) for all unreleased content should be included in the initial submission to Microsoft. There's also a chance an optional update #2, which should included fixes and tweaks for currently available content, may be submitted to Microsoft as well.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
I know you're looking for an official response, but I'll throw this in there. Since FarSight has yet to submit any content to Microsoft, all fixes and tweaks (including ROM emulated Black Knight) for all unreleased content should be included in the initial submission to Microsoft. There's also a chance an optional update #2, which should included fixes and tweaks for currently available content, may be submitted to Microsoft as well.

Even with a next-gen Xbox just around the corner, there should still be a market for the 360 version. My decision to continue to support the 360 version however will hinge on how well the soon-to-be-released PC version plays on my aged laptop, or my nearly-as-aged desktop.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts