Do you get angry when the ball drains?

hawk

Mar 1, 2014
I played Fish Tales today. Super Jackpot was lit. I didn't make it. Not only 2 balls drained between flippers. The last ball went to the right outlane at the same time. All 3 balls gone in like 10 seconds. It happens on Fish Tales quite a lot. Either on the real machine and in TPA.

I must confess I get angry when it happens. :D but I still enjoy FT

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
If it it caused by me doing something stupid or careless, yes I get angry.
But if I am trying to make a risky shot or if the pinball gods decide that I have had enough ball time, then no I don't get upset about that. That is pinball in my opinion.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Only if it's a very "predictable" drain (like on ST:TNG, CFTBL, Pin*Bot and some others). On these, if the ball drains, it's entirely my fault as I know how to prevent it.

Buzz1126

Dec 27, 2013
On TPA? No. If I've got the setup I'm looking for, and everything drains, I just start making plans on doing it better next time. Now, real life is a completely different story! If I've put money into the machine, and a limited amount, I will (and have...) SILENTLY curse a machine out. And in four languages, too.

Dumpstar

Apr 17, 2012
Not if it has outlanes that have special/extra ball lit. (Why won't the ball go down the right outlane in TZ so I can get the goal. 4 multiballs one after another, you would think one ball would go there!)

danivempire

Oct 26, 2013
When the ball drains at hyper speed and could not have reactef I'm pissed but not angry.
When the ball drains and I know I made a poor decision or didn't react well... now I'm angry ^^

Mayuh

Sep 2, 2012
I played Fish Tales today. Super Jackpot was lit. I didn't make it. Not only 2 balls drained between flippers. The last ball went to the right outlane at the same time. All 3 balls gone in like 10 seconds. It happens on Fish Tales quite a lot. Either on the real machine and in TPA.

I must confess I get angry when it happens. :D but I still enjoy FT

To be honest, I would do that on purpose in a tournament situation, if I'm on ball 1. As in the next multiball of the same game the super jackpot will be lit right from the start - without working through the three regular jackpots :)

I'm only really angry (at myself), if brick a very valuable shot 5 times in a row and then drain. Like Rule the Universe on AFM, right loop on F14 and so on... They do get harder, the more they are worth... ;)

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Generally, I do. But if it was a particularly long ball and I've achieved a lot with it, I don't mind if it drains. Kind of like "Okay, you have served your purpose, ball. You can die knowing you have achieved much."

Deltaechoe

Aug 30, 2013
I curse when the ball drains during a high scoring mode or down the outlanes when I've been attempting to nudge it out of that path, otherwise I just get the sad pinball look

Eaton Beaver

Jan 25, 2014
The only time I get real upset is when I have worked hard to achieve an extra ball and when it comes time to play said extra ball I blow it playing recklessly. I liked watching the documentary Special When Lit and during part of the movie they showed different players reactions when they blew it and would get pissed! Made me laugh hard watching that and also watching several players body motions during game play lifting their legs in the air and the former world champion's disco routine during game play.

debuggiest

Aug 10, 2013
The one reality about pinball is that the ball is going to drain at some point, no matter what... but that doesn't stop me from giving the table a good nudge when it drains. It helps get the rage out. :p

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
I hate when the ball drains and you never even got a chance to hit it with the flippers. It's especially annoying when the table has no ball saver feature.

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
I only get mad when the ball drains despite me making a shot I'm supposed to make. Those tick me off. Or when the ball drains because of TPA-specific nonsense like bad physics or the ball going through the flipper.

Punisher

Jan 5, 2013
Ohohoho, yes, I do. If I get the Grand Finale going in ToM, or I have four out of the five parts of Multiball Madness, plus trolls, the last one I need, lit at the Merlin Scoop at MM, I generally intentionally tilt the machine.

SydyneBall

Jul 18, 2013
Most drains happen and I'm not upset.

But this week I had two IRL that were anger causing:
1) Addams family - the "Power" literally threw the ball down the left outlane. Ball was coming down smoothly to the left flipper.
2) X-Men - Stupid crane thing pushed ball over and SDTM. Nothing to be done.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.