Do you have any tips for playing Multiball ?

Ton

Dec 10, 2013
When I get a Multiball, I am inclined to flip wildly hoping that there accidentally are some good shots. Most of the times it ends in losing the balls very quickly.

Do you have any tips and/or is there a way to get more control over the balls ?

Thanks in advance for any help.

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
The idea is to try to have control of one/some of the balls on one flipper (usually the flipper with fewer important shots), and leaving the 'important' flipper free for making shots.

This is where Goin Nuts comes in handy, since it starts with multiball. Centaur is another table with easily attained multiball.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Harley Davidson is another pin that is fun to practice multiball on. Seems like you are always starting multiball on that one.

I don't have much luck holding balls and playing with the other flipper. I'm not super skilled at multiball. I usually try and throw the balls up ramps or back into the bumpers to release pressure and give myself a little time to shoot for jackpots. Dave is giving you good advice, but it takes practice to be able to do that.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Judge Dredd Super Game also starts in multiball, but it can be a bit confusing trying to work out what's going on.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

k88dad

Nov 9, 2012
Dave and Kolchak have given you the two basic schools of thought on the subject. Either you hold some of the balls or you hide some of the balls. Try a table that you already like that also has some places to keep a ball busy (a long, slow ramp or bumpers that hold on to the ball for a while.) For the other theory, try a table where you can trap a ball on one of the flippers without too much distraction. Even holding one ball for a while can make the table less crazy and the other flipper more useful.

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
I find you have to do both - you have to hold onto the balls, but you also have to hide excess balls otherwise you can't make the shots you need to make (or you will overfill the flippers).

You need to be able to send a ball up a ramp or loop on demand so if a flipper starts to get a few too many balls, you can send a few looping around for a few seconds. You also need to perfect the orbit shots so you can transfer balls between flippers as need be.

But the goal is the same as regular play - keep in control of the ball. Just like people constantly trap a single ball then make a shot, you do the same thing for multiball, just with more balls.

Anubis

Jun 4, 2016
Depends on the machine. If it is a relatively slow multiball, I'll try to do what others have suggested. Basically, trap a ball for shots and try to keep others out of the way. If it is a machine with a crazy fast multiball, I just focus on the flippers and try to keep the balls in play as long as possible.

NanooksBlood

Apr 25, 2016
Something that seems to work for me is that I only focus my vision on the lower 1/3 of the table. I tend to purposely not divert my attention from just the flipper area, and this has mostly worked well.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts