Do you think Season 3 is worth the asking price when compared to se1 & se2?

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
I know there are people who will buy ever table that is released. I used to do that, but after Farsight dropped the Season Pass for Season 3 on PSN I found myself not buying as many tables as I once had.

In comparison we received
17 tables for Season 1 ($29.99)
Which included some amazing tables such as;
Medieval Madness, Bride of Pin°Bot, Cirqus Voltaire, Funhouse, Monster Bash, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Scared Stiff, Twilight Zone, Star Trek TNG, Taxi, and No Good Gofers.

19 tables for Season 2 ($29.99)
Included more awesomeness;
Pin°Bot, Space Shuttle, Centaur, Whirlwind, Cue Ball Wizard, White Water, Dr. Dude, Firepower, Terminator 2, Champion Pub, and Cactus Canyon.

Then we come to Season 3 - 10 tables ($29.99) with the table total nearly cut in half compared to previous seasons.
I understand the reason why previous seasons included more as many were upgraded from PHOF tables, but that didn't make them any less valuable to the consumer.

Season 3 does have some nice tables, but they are not my personal favorites.

The other reason it seems like less for more is the lack of trophy support. I know this is a debatable topic and I don't want to stir anything up here, but for me it was a nice perk and added value.

I also own a PS4 now and would end up having to purchase these all a second time to have them conveniently located on my newer console.
I suppose I am a bit spoiled by Zen Pinball's standard of $2.50/table, simultaneous release on PS3/PS4/PS Vita and Cross-Buy for all.

Perhaps if Farsight could start making their tables PS3/PS4/Vita Cross-Buy starting with Season 3 it would bring more value to the table.
As for trophy support I understand their hands are tied unfortunately.

What do you guys think?

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Is it as good as season one or two? No, I don't think so. But there are only so many top twenty pins to go around. It's also not as great a bargain as there are no pinball hall of fame rereleases to add to the value.
But worth $3 bucks a pin? Definitely to me. If you buy six you pay the same price anyway. Might as well get the other four pins for the same price.

Last edited:

Baramos

Aug 18, 2013
I might hold off a bit, a few more weeks, to see if there is some kind of sale this holiday season. I am a bit leery of dropping the same price as for seasons 1 and 2, yes.

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
Considering LCA is the only real rotten egg in the entire season I found the season to be well worth the price of the season (pro) pack, but your mileage may vary as with anything. Fish Tales and BSD are among the best released so far too, so I don't regret the purchase at all.

whoozwah

Oct 30, 2014
I guess it's worth it if you like at least 6 of the tables enough to buy them. When I first got TPA I went through and play tested them all on real machines (awesome arcade by my house FTW) or watched youtube vids of them to decide if it would be fun to play. This meant I only bought the tables I liked the best. I def like buying 1 table vs 2 because I have tables I never play that I can't remove.

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
There were tables that I didn't like at first, but after a few games and reading strategy posts here, I really like these tables now: BS, BH, CC, CFTBL, Genie.

I think you have to give some tables a chance.

Last edited:

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Well they came out at 5 bucks a pop.even at full price it is well worth it. If I took out the three games I disliked, the season pass is still 5 bucks cheaper! I am fortunate to live near a couple really nice arcades and will drop 10-15 bucks in an hour or two. This gives you unlimited play with the closest reproduction of real tables out there.

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
Well they came out at 5 bucks a pop.even at full price it is well worth it. If I took out the three games I disliked, the season pass is still 5 bucks cheaper! I am fortunate to live near a couple really nice arcades and will drop 10-15 bucks in an hour or two. This gives you unlimited play with the closest reproduction of real tables out there.

+1

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Compared to Season 1 and 2 it's obviously not as good value. But it's still good value. It's definitely the best season in terms of reproduction quality. In terms of table choice, it's probably better than Season 2 but not Season 1.

Pinbuoy

Aug 15, 2014
Worth it. Think of this - If you were to go and play those tables for real - it would cost you .50-.75 or more to play one game. I think it's a steal. Blainebrook Bowl has Dracula, Junkyard, and 1 other one, so it's a good way for me to practice in tourneys.

hammr25

Oct 4, 2012
Season 3 only has 1 Gottlieb table and Season 2 had 8 of them. Seems to be about the same value to me.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.