Do you use ALL nudge buttons?

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
In the beginning I didn't use nudging at all but quickly realized how important it is. Now, I use the side nudges 90% of my nudges and the up-nudge on 10% but never ever the diagonal nudge. Basically because I can't reach them without letting go of my grip of the iPad (I always play in Portrait mode). It feels however I am missing a great option especially at times when it is about to drain an outlane.

How about you? I would especially like to hear from you top players.

Or, do you perhaps even use the slide nudging? It feels far to slow for my taste but if it could offer more analog/soft nudging it would be useful *envious look at PC/PS-players*.

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
For me I think I use roughly 0% diagonal nudging, 50% side nudging and 45% up nudging. 5% down nudging. I'm working on learning intuitive down nudging and this might increase, I use it for live catching ball, or just to dampen the ball when catching on flipper.

Gus

Mar 5, 2014
For me I think I use roughly 0% diagonal nudging, 50% side nudging and 45% up nudging. 5% down nudging. I'm working on learning intuitive down nudging and this might increase, I use it for live catching ball, or just to dampen the ball when catching on flipper.

That sounds pretty cool. Do you slide to nudge, or how do you down nudge?
There are a few tables where I use the up nudge more, like ToM to stop the ball close to the bonus x lights. I agree with Kratos that nudging in general is way too strong.

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
That sounds pretty cool. Do you slide to nudge, or how do you down nudge?
There are a few tables where I use the up nudge more, like ToM to stop the ball close to the bonus x lights. I agree with Kratos that nudging in general is way too strong.

Ah sorry forgot to mention that down nudging is since I also started playing PC, and there are no down nudges on mobile.
However, side nudging probably works better for catching balls so far. Although down nudge looks pretty when you catch a ball it only works on really slow moving balls, like catching ball from chair kickout on Addams.

But up nudging is very useful when helping slow moving ball dead (not bounce) pass or when passing ball from one flipper to the other when ball is being fed to flipper through the inlane. Like just holding up both flippers and up nudge when ball is at flipper. Also up nudge to make the ball bounce back in from the oulanes on Centaur works very well.

Edit: I meant up nudge can help slow moving ball dead pass, not bounce pass.

Last edited:

Gus

Mar 5, 2014
But up nudging is very useful when helping slow moving ball bounce pass or when passing ball from one flipper to the other when ball is being fed to flipper through the inlane. Like just holding up both flippers and up nudge when ball is at flipper. Also up nudge to make the ball bounce back in from the oulanes on Centaur works very well.

I use side nudging to pass the ball to the other flipper, to accelerate the ball to make it across. I'm having very little luck with Centaur outlanes though, I'll try up nudging next time I play that table!

JefferyD

May 10, 2013
Left and right only! Sometimes I accidentally up-nudge, but only because my thumb slides over between the flippers in a subconscious attempt to block the middle drain. If there's a center post there and it works, then my thumb thinks it did a good thing.

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
I use side nudging to pass the ball to the other flipper, to accelerate the ball to make it across. I'm having very little luck with Centaur outlanes though, I'll try up nudging next time I play that table!

I'd say I have a success rate of 90% of saving right oulane balls and at least 60% of left outlane balls with up nudging on centaur.

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Another reason to try to use more up nudging instead of side nudging, when possible, is that up nudging doesn't seem to cause tilts as easily as side nudging.

9u1d0

Jan 7, 2013
I use both side and up nudging. Never diagonal. Playing on ipad air, portrait mode.
Invert nuge is on, touch scheme B. All event cams off, no scrolling.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.