Does SPA work in portrait mode at all?

codinghorror

Aug 13, 2013
I can't get SPA to work at all in portrait mode. Is this a known issue that's on the fixes map?

I did buy both table packs now that keyboard support is working, and I can play it on my desktop in widescreen (landscape) mode at least..

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Yes, it works, except for the main menu. Cameras in Mustang are screwed so it's unplayable, AC/DC and Star Trek are fine, don't know about the TPA tables because I'm not interested in them.

You have to use Alt+Enter a couple of times to get it to display right in fullscreen.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Crazy Newt

Dec 2, 2012
Yes, it works, except for the main menu. Cameras in Mustang are screwed so it's unplayable, AC/DC and Star Trek are fine, don't know about the TPA tables because I'm not interested in them.

You have to use Alt+Enter a couple of times to get it to display right in fullscreen.

For me, I have a 32" 2560x1440 screen, and the game starts at 1920x1080 (landscape) or 1080x1920 (portrait). Initially I didn't realize this as I had the launch utility setup correctly and it was in full screen, but since the ratio is identical, I just thought the graphics were a lacking in detail a bit. I was in for a treat when I checked my monitor's information and it was only at 1080x1920. Did the ALT+ENTER trick that has become an integral part of launching FarSight pinball games and was amazed. It was the first time I had seen Star Trek and AC/DC at 1440x2560 in portrait mode on my 32" Samsung monitor. It looks incredible and plays fantastic in portrait for Star Trek and AC/DC, at least it does with a GTX 1080 FTW video card.

Mustang is a great game, too, and I can't wait to try it out in portrait once the camera issue gets resolved. I was really hoping a patch would come out yesterday to correct this problem. Star Trek will keep me busy. It is the most fun I have had with a video pinball table

codinghorror

Aug 13, 2013
OK cool so it's close, just needs a few tweaks, I am sure the team at Farsight is on it.

You are doing God's work, gentlemen. Keep going and TAKE MY MONEY

codinghorror

Aug 13, 2013
Hmm I still can't get this to work..

The Steam version starts fine at 1440 x 2650 and I can see the menus (a little clipped, but workable) but when I launch a table it pauses for 7-8 seconds then kicks me back to the menus :(

I was able to get frankenstein to load and play, as well as one other table, but it seems intermittent and I definitely could not get AC/DC or Star Trek to load at all no matter how many times I tried, exiting the app in between, etc.

Anyone else getting Stern tables to work at 1440 x 2560 in portrait?

Last edited:

warh0g

Jan 3, 2013
Hmm I still can't get this to work..

The Steam version starts fine at 1440 x 2650 and I can see the menus (a little clipped, but workable) but when I launch a table it pauses for 7-8 seconds then kicks me back to the menus :(

I was able to get frankenstein to load and play, as well as one other table, but it seems intermittent and I definitely could not get AC/DC or Star Trek to load at all no matter how many times I tried, exiting the app in between, etc.

Anyone else getting Stern tables to work at 1440 x 2560 in portrait?

My monitor (a 48" tv turned on its side) does not support the resolution. I can however set it in the configuration and still launch it and get a picture. Pretty sure it is ignoring my resolution settings then hehe.

Edit: It actually does run the game in the resolution I select in the options, I checked with GPU-Z.

Last edited:

codinghorror

Aug 13, 2013
Hmm, I tried again, experimenting with a few things:

- both windowed to fullscreen

- resolution at 1080 x 1920 instead of 1440 x 2560

I was able to get Star Trek to load once (!) in portrait mode and I played it finally! But every other time, most other tables.. it just fails to launch and goes back to the menu :(

Oh well I guess I'll just wait for more patches. TPA works fine of course.

codinghorror

Aug 13, 2013
GOOD NEWS!

As of the latest update today, Portrait now works a LOT better!

- menus are visible
- I can launch and play tables consistently

Yay -- thanks for the fixes Farsight and keep 'em comin! Looking forward to buying Ghostbusters..

Stemage

Jun 4, 2016
Yeah looks like portrait mode works well for me, and HEY.... THERE ARE LOADING SCREENS NOW. That's something. :)

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Yeah looks like portrait mode works well for me, and HEY.... THERE ARE LOADING SCREENS NOW. That's something. :)

It's not perfect. If you play with a 4K backbuffer (and I recommend this, if your GPU can handle it - it really cuts down on aliasing) you still need to Alt+Enter twice to get it to show at the proper resolution. And there are 4 loading screens.

Crazy Newt

Dec 2, 2012
Hmm, I tried again, experimenting with a few things:

- both windowed to fullscreen

- resolution at 1080 x 1920 instead of 1440 x 2560

I was able to get Star Trek to load once (!) in portrait mode and I played it finally! But every other time, most other tables.. it just fails to launch and goes back to the menu :(

Oh well I guess I'll just wait for more patches. TPA works fine of course.

I'm not having any problems at all now starting portrait at 1440x2560. The menu screen and the tables I have played seem to work just fine. (Star Trek, AC/DC, and Mustang)

I was having to use ALT+ENTER as the game would initially start in 1080x1920, but it doesn't do that anymore. I check every time I start the game now, just to make sure. I did change the setting at one time in the launch utility to 1600x2560, but the aspect changed and I got black bars at the top and bottom of my monitor. I don't recall what the resolution was, but I'll repeat this again when I am home later.

Members online

Members online