Does the Season 1 pass include the core pack?

ScotchYeti

Apr 13, 2012
The title says it all.

I plan to buy a PS4 next year as an upgrade from the PS3, which means I have to buy the expiring tables right now. An option would be the physical disc for season 1, which has the core tables, but disc drives don't last forever. The one in my PS3 has died 3yrs ago. :(

Or what is the right way to keep Totan and ToM forever on the PS4? Especially Totan would make me sad, I have played it forever in the old Williams Hall of Fame collection and now in TPA, it's one of my favorites.

ScotchYeti

Tom Devaney

FarSight Employee
Dec 13, 2017
The title says it all.

I plan to buy a PS4 next year as an upgrade from the PS3, which means I have to buy the expiring tables right now. An option would be the physical disc for season 1, which has the core tables, but disc drives don't last forever. The one in my PS3 has died 3yrs ago. :(

Or what is the right way to keep Totan and ToM forever on the PS4? Especially Totan would make me sad, I have played it forever in the old Williams Hall of Fame collection and now in TPA, it's one of my favorites.

ScotchYeti

If you buy the season one pack, you will get get the core pack (Tales of the Arabian Nights, Ripley's Believe it or Not, Theatre of Magic, and Black Hole). As for TOTAN, it's free right now, but whoever doesn't own the season one pass will not be able to play it after the separation. Instead, the new free to play table will be Frankenstein.

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
If you buy the season one pack, you will get get the core pack (Tales of the Arabian Nights, Ripley's Believe it or Not, Theatre of Magic, and Black Hole). As for TOTAN, it's free right now, but whoever doesn't own the season one pass will not be able to play it after the separation. Instead, the new free to play table will be Frankenstein.

OK so is that a problem on the PS3/VITA side where there were no season packs at first and all table packs were purchased separately?

Edit: I purchased the PS3/VITA version of TPA on 11/10/2012, at that time TOTAN was *not* a free table and you had to buy the $9.99 unlock to unlock all 4 games see e.g here: http://digitalpinballfans.com/archive/index.php/t-1039.html
[MENTION=7016]Tom Devaney[/MENTION]
Hi Tom, any news about the above issue (TOTAN for PS3/VITA)?

Last edited:

Tom Devaney

FarSight Employee
Dec 13, 2017
OK so is that a problem on the PS3/VITA side where there were no season packs at first and all table packs were purchased separately?

Edit: I purchased the PS3/VITA version of TPA on 11/10/2012, at that time TOTAN was *not* a free table and you had to buy the $9.99 unlock to unlock all 4 games see e.g here: http://digitalpinballfans.com/archive/index.php/t-1039.html
[MENTION=7016]Tom Devaney[/MENTION]
Hi Tom, any news about the above issue (TOTAN for PS3/VITA)?

Are you able to go to Account Management > Transaction Management > Download List and find this launch pack you're referring to?

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
Unfortunately, the Transaction History doesn't go back that far... but fortunately I still have the confirmation email from Sony Entertainment Network with the Transaction ID. I can forward the email to you or send the info in a private message.

In the details pane, the product is referred to as "Pinball Arcade Full Game Unlock (Full Game) $9.99"

Maybe we should move this to the PS3 forum as this only applies to PS3/VITA and other early release systems (before the season passes even existed). If I remember correctly, TOTAN became free on the 1st Anniversary of TPA.

EDIT:

This is really LOLWUT?! moment... just browsing it appears PSN thinks I puchased the Season 1 bundle, which of course I never did as I purchases all table packs separately! Maybe this was done so "we" qualified for the discounted version on PS4?

bSPmRJl.png

Last edited:

ScotchYeti

Apr 13, 2012
Correct, it's the same for me. Season 1 and Season 1 Pro show up as purchased because I have bought all tables individually.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.