Dr. Who: Master Of Time Is Now Available!

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
The stuttering is also present on iOS, it's a repeatable effect whenever you shoot 'W' and the ball comes through the right inlane. It also happens at other moments. It seems connected to DMD animations.

Garycope

Nov 5, 2013
Table seems very plain (empty) could have used something in the middle like a spinning wheel. I also think $9.99 is a bit high. I have all tables but this will have to go to $4.99 for me to bite

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
maybe some spinners on either side of the tardis thatplayed the sound of the vortex would be cool,it was my firstimpression aswell, but its a decent effort, we are just spoiled by the masters

9u1d0

Jan 7, 2013
Table seems very plain (empty) could have used something in the middle like a spinning wheel. I also think $9.99 is a bit high. I have all tables but this will have to go to $4.99 for me to bite

It should not be inside TPA.
A separate app for non-existing machines (IRL) would be better. $1,99-$2,49 is ok with me.

Brandon Garvin

FarSight Employee
Oct 10, 2016

maybe some spinners on either side of the tardis thatplayed the sound of the vortex would be cool,it was my firstimpression aswell, but its a decent effort, we are just spoiled by the masters

The table is a reskin of the existing Dr Who table, so sadly we couldn't add much that the original emulation didn't already have. There are some features we removed for technical reasons (video mode, status report), and a few lights that the original didn't have, but otherwise it is very much the original table with different toys and a new coat of paint.

As for the Android release:

A fair few of our staff are out of the office due to the holidays right now, and that includes some people we need to push out an Android release. As far as I know we're planning on getting Dr Who out to Android users sometime in January. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Nov 18, 2016
The table is a reskin of the existing Dr Who table, so sadly we couldn't add much that the original emulation didn't already have. There are some features we removed for technical reasons (video mode, status report), and a few lights that the original didn't have, but otherwise it is very much the original table with different toys and a new coat of paint.

As for the Android release:

A fair few of our staff are out of the office due to the holidays right now, and that includes some people we need to push out an Android release. As far as I know we're planning on getting Dr Who out to Android users sometime in January. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Bleeergh. Happy New Year, iOS and Steam folks!

A similar update on Facebook:

Rich Lehmann: When can we expect the latest TPA update on Amazon with Gladiator and the new Dr Who?

The Pinball Arcade: Early January.

Axlsgolden

Dec 2, 2013
The only table I´m not happy with. Again and again gameplay is stuttering. Balls are blocked for a short moment.

First I thought maybe the reason is my new (secondhand) Ati Sapphire R9 280 Dual x graphics card. But that is not true. The rest of TPA is working fine in DirectX 11 mode.

My specs: Intel I5 4460 3,2-3,4 Ghz CPU, Sapphire R9 280 Dual X graphics card 3 GB VRAM, Gigabyte H81M-DS2V motherboard, 8 GB DDR 3 RAM, Soundblaster Z, Windows 10 64 bit OS, Samsung Pro EVO 240 256GB SSD, Be Quiet Pure Power L8 630W. As I said before: TPA is working fluently, only the most expensive table (10 bucks) refuses to work properly.

Last edited:

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
it doesnt seem to matter the spec or the platform there seems to be an odd timing issue where the dmd freezes or stalls the rest of the game to display or catch up. some dont seem to experience it but ive read that its an issue from mobile to pc all we can we do is wait for a fix!

Axlsgolden

Dec 2, 2013
it doesnt seem to matter the spec or the platform there seems to be an odd timing issue where the dmd freezes or stalls the rest of the game to display or catch up. some dont seem to experience it but ive read that its an issue from mobile to pc all we can we do is wait for a fix!

Ok, thx for your answer.

Rich Lehmann

Aug 26, 2014
Kindle Fire updated and has Gladiator but I don't see the new Dr. Who. Is it not out for Kindle Fire or am I overlooking something?

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
I don't think it's out yet. I don't have it on my Android tablet available as well.

Nov 18, 2016
So, after playing the Android edition on my S4 for several days, I'm happy to say I like the results. Is it perfect? Hardly. Is it preferable to the older Doctor Who table? Probably not. But it's still been a lot of fun for this fan to play. But one's mileage may vary based on whether you like the show or not.

I love the visuals, even if things are intensely dark. The monsters have been incorporated well. I was particularly pleased to see the Vashta Narada in the game, as their only story is one of my favorites. A visual detail from that story (the flickering green lights) is used here as the bonus multiplier meter. I love the Dalek bumpers, stuck screaming "ack ack ack" for eternity! It was lovely but bittersweet to see and hear John Hurt (and also Capaldi, now that he's announced he's leaving).

Except for the multiball theme, I find the music rather dreary and boring, resembling an all-too-serious Christopher Nolan-Dark Knight score. A catchy upbeat riff on the Doctor Who theme tune would have been much more preferable.

I'm also really surprised that the Cybermen don't scream when you kill them. Slowly building up the Dalek targets with the Time Expander and then hearing their death screams is the most satisfying part of the 92 game. And trust me as a long time fan of the show, there's a tradition going back 50 years of Cybermen screaming bloody murder as they die horribly. The little smack noise you hear in MOT doesn't measure up.

I've also got a bunch of glitches in the DMD, which I hope will be patched soon. The old 92 game blinks through at times, showing me updates on the Transmat, the Video Mode, Davros, etc. I'm also having no luck accessing the Starving Angel instructions.

And I have to say that this quote doesn't blend well with that $10 price tag:

But, overall, pretty good. More observations to come.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2016
Cybermen. They don't go quietly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fyKuJNE_U4

And the first 30 seconds of this clip has dozen and dozen of screaming and dying "reboot" Cybermen from the current version of the show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_mH1ERYk0k

Rewatching The Day Of The Doctor this weekend in memory of John Hurt, I was reminded of where the whole "attack eyebrows" joke began. Capaldi's very first appearance at The Doctor was just a quick extreme close-up, at 2:13 in this clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0e71KWwE5Fk

Members online

Members online