DX11 poor performance

Busol

Dec 19, 2013
Dear all
Because my WindowsXP PinCab cannot start with DX9 I have changed PC and start my adventure with DX11.

I got AMD Phenom 9600 QuadCore with 4 GB RAM
And Nvidia GT730
I dig some forums and found that it should work with DX11 as well.
But I can see that there is no problems with DX9 version of TPA. PinballFX2 works very good but when I do start DX11 version of TPA it works slow.
I have try to change settings in TPA Config, also did some changes with NVIDIA but it seems that it wont help.

Does anyone uses similar configuration without any problems with DX11 ? (GT730 (or something similar))
Any Tips ?

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
Your Nvidia GT730 is a budget GPU and not powerful enough to handle DX11 at the same resolution settings as you did in DX9 (I'm using an R7 240 card and in the same boat as you) .

You need to tone down the resolution settings. Making the tables darker helps, besides tables look better in low light.

Busol

Dec 19, 2013
Thank you.
So I have to look for better GPU.
What can be right for such configuration (I got AMD Phenom 9600 QuadCore with 4 GB RAM) and can handle 3 displays ?

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
That sounds like you need a heavy-duty card. Something that costs around $200(US) and needs over 100 watts.

If it helps, I have my resolution set to 1080 x 864.....My monitor is pretty much square.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
GTX750Ti is a great card if you can still pick one up.

Otherwise look for its successors, the 950Ti and the 1050Ti. Should be no problem finding a 1050Ti and that will do the job admirably.

Busol

Dec 19, 2013
GTX750Ti is a great card if you can still pick one up.

Otherwise look for its successors, the 950Ti and the 1050Ti. Should be no problem finding a 1050Ti and that will do the job admirably.

Does both GPU can handle 3 displays ? I am lost in the different specifications of them

EnergyOne

Oct 25, 2014
Dear all
Because my WindowsXP PinCab cannot start with DX9 I have changed PC and start my adventure with DX11.

I got AMD Phenom 9600 QuadCore with 4 GB RAM
And Nvidia GT730
I dig some forums and found that it should work with DX11 as well.
But I can see that there is no problems with DX9 version of TPA. PinballFX2 works very good but when I do start DX11 version of TPA it works slow.
I have try to change settings in TPA Config, also did some changes with NVIDIA but it seems that it wont help.

Does anyone uses similar configuration without any problems with DX11 ? (GT730 (or something similar))
Any Tips ?

Holy moley, where did you find such an old computer for sale? That processor came out nearly TEN years ago! I find it hard to stay with a machine more than 5 - not due to wear and tear, rather due to exponential leaps in technology. Before purchasing a new GPU, make sure your case is big enough for it and also if your power supply can support it. Is it a pre-built machine or a self-built machine?

EnergyOne

Oct 25, 2014
Does both GPU can handle 3 displays ? I am lost in the different specifications of them

Note: both AMD and Nvidia have abandoned support for analog connections. No more VGA ports basically. Mostly DisplayPort and DVI etc.

Busol

Dec 19, 2013
I found in my basement. Since like retro stuff I have more of them.
On the other hand it would be hard to explain my wife that I need 1000eur stuff to put in some wodden box to have fun :)

But as far as they work for me (DX9 is enough) have no problem with that.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
heh, id be temped to figure out total power draw as it really has come on leaps and bounds in the last 10 years or so.

look honey! within 5 years the cost savings itll pay for itself! doing my bit for global warming!

seriously tho with alittle recycling and a few cut corners your looking at half that, unforuntaley you would need mobo/ram/cpu etc

still good luck with it as a future project!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.