Earned credit knocker sound.

Patmsb1

Nov 1, 2014
I just played the phantom of the Opera and when my score matched to give me a free credit I didn't get knocker sound. Does any one know why this didn't happen and is this on all tables?

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I want to know why that sound happens all the time in Xenon despite there being no extra ball.

Xenon gives away Specials like crazy. For instance once the Tube is maxed at 90k, every other shot gives out a Special (which is set to be worth 50k). Hence why the knocker fires so often.

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
I just played the phantom of the Opera and when my score matched to give me a free credit I didn't get knocker sound. Does any one know why this didn't happen and is this on all tables?
Data East rarely ever used the knocker on their tables.

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
Sega/Data East was one of the first to actually get *rid* of the knocker mechanism on their tables. Instead they played a knock sound from the speaker. (They were the first to go down to just one speaker on one side of the backbox, too - if your arcade wasn't busy, it was obvious you were only hearing sound from one side).

Titanic4

Mar 4, 2015
Depending on game you play you may not hear knocker when getting extra ball even if the knocker exists in the machine. One of the examples is Bally's Truck Stop - the knocker doesn't fire when getting extra ball even if it's set as either replay or special reward. Later Williams games fires the knocker if player gets extra ball if it's set as replay or special reward.

Garycope

Nov 5, 2013
That was the greatest sound back in the 60's when I was 10 yrs old. Playing at the soda fountain 3 games for a quarter. That really loud pop pop pop sound had everyone in the store looking.

Mclong

Apr 22, 2016
That was the greatest sound back in the 60's when I was 10 yrs old. Playing at the soda fountain 3 games for a quarter. That really loud pop pop pop sound had everyone in the store looking.
Agreed! Although I wasn't born yet in the 60's the same was true during my time. Everyone close in the arcade, playing some new side scrolling fighter game, turned around to the sound of the knocker.

Last edited:

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
You'd spend your hard-earned money playing those machines, hearing the knocker after getting a match was the best feeling ever when I was a kid.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts