Eight Ball Deluxe

invitro

May 4, 2012
First to roll it :D #1 won't last long but I beat Tarek to something!
It took me long enough but I finally beat you, barely, with 15,892,780. At the end of my first ball (not the end of ball 1), I had 15.5M, DEL of DELUXE, and 6 credits. So I had I guess the biggest possible collapse then, with three straight insta-drains. Oh well! This just means I'll be back. #2 is easily within reach with 18M. Then there's Tarek, lonely at the top with 57M.

I'm still pretty obsessed with this game. I suppose I'll play the tournament that starts today, to force me to take a break and play other tables. But I'd like to figure out why I seem to have two extremes with EBD on TPA: either I can't miss and draining seems like a joke, and I rack up those 900k bonuses, or everything I shoot screams right down an outlane.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Okay - so everyone's complaining it's too fast, right? Nah. I played Diner in the tournament right before EBD, and after Diner, EBD feels like El Dorado EM (well maybe exaggerating a touch).

Rich Lehmann

Aug 26, 2014
This table is great. They need to focus more on great old tables like this instead of the late nineties crap with flashy bells.and whistles.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Ok, so, I fired up Pinball Arcade for the first time in quite a while
Saw EBD was in it
Instantly bought Season 6 Pro.

This is exactly why i took some time off of TPA. It was feeling stagnant for me. Not necessarily the faulf of FS, but TPA was 90% of my gaming for almost 3 years.

Way....WAAAAYYYY back in early 2012, on their FB page, I asked for High Speed II and EBD and FS responded that they were distinct possibilities.
I am SOOOOOOOO Satisfied, even after this wait. Plus Indy 500? Plus the Who's Tommy as the app intro (and the table?).

I'm super stoked.

vfpcoder

Jul 9, 2012
This table is great. They need to focus more on great old tables like this instead of the late nineties crap with flashy bells.and whistles.

I agree!
I have played this table almost exclusively for about a week. This is *real* pinball!!!
And real kudos to Farsight for such a stupendous reproduction!!!!

Now if we could just get "Spirit of 76" ....

superballs

Apr 12, 2012

This table to me is the perfect balance in rules/speed/openness.

They take essentially 5 shots and make the all count toward something that moves you forward. None of the shots are particularly hard, but there is a lot of risk involved. The outlanes are dangerous and this version is very true to that. The table varies in speed, it can be wicked fast, and then slows down to let you collect yourself then bang zip, it's ripping again.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
First table I ever played IRL, down on Brighton seafront. Very happy to see it finally in TPA, and probably looking/playing a lot nicer than if it had had the S1 release it deserved. Also the first TPA game I've played where I didn't get to make a single flipper shot the whole game (2-player game, P1 3.5 million, P2 72,000, all from top rollovers and bumper hits before immediate centre drains...) - love it :)

I'm with you,

I begged and begged and begged for them to release this back in 2012, here and on their FB page, along with The Getaway.

In retrospect, I'm super happy they released both tables in later seasons. This table got me buying season packs again.

Nat-1969

Dec 27, 2014
Hi, I signed up for these forums back when we were voting on the pre 1980s table for last season (ultimately Xenon). 8BD was not under consideration because it was 1981 release. But here we are, all my dreams have been answered. Whoever finally pulled the trigger at Farsight to get this table made deserves a congressional medal of honor. What I need to know is when is a realistic time to expect this table on PS4. There were some grumblings about season 5 limping to the finish line on PS4 but they all seem to be there now. I've waited this long, I can hold out longer..but I do long for the day I can quit talking and start chalking on PS4. I should pre-vote on my table rankings sight unseen..I'm thinking 11/10

Nov 18, 2016
Craving more old school pinball from the early 80s and before, I downloaded the EBD pack. Completely satisfying and just difficult enough to keep you addictively replaying. I'm so glad I went for it.

A question: what exactly are those electronic pulsing sounds supposed to represent? Is it the music of the cowboy pool hall? Because all I can picture is me in my PJs repeatedly pushing my Atari joystick button like mad. I was an OG Atari kid back in the late 70s-early 80s and that repeated sound is like what you hear while going on an Asteroids massacre. Nostalgic, for sure. But odd.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Craving more old school pinball from the early 80s and before, I downloaded the EBD pack. Completely satisfying and just difficult enough to keep you addictively replaying. I'm so glad I went for it.

A question: what exactly are those electronic pulsing sounds supposed to represent? Is it the music of the cowboy pool hall? Because all I can picture is me in my PJs repeatedly pushing my Atari joystick button like mad. I was an OG Atari kid back in the late 70s-early 80s and that repeated sound is like what you hear while going on an Asteroids massacre. Nostalgic, for sure. But odd.

It's the sound of "Hey, we can make neat electronic sounds now. Let's make neat sounds so it attracts players in this age of video games."

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
It's the sound of "Hey, we can make neat electronic sounds now. Let's make neat sounds so it attracts players in this age of video games."

Kind of like how today's lighting technology tries to attract pinball players in this age of video games.....on cell phones.

Plus, pinball is much harder to find out in the open. Now it's mostly private collectors.

Silverball67

Jan 1, 2015
Thanks God, 8BD just arrived in Europe for PS4 yesterday.

I remember, playing this Pinball in my youth. It was my table of first choice at that time (arround 1984, or maybe 85). Before that time, I was not allowed to go out at night. I spent a fortune on this table...so challenging, one of the best rulesets - maybe the best - in history of pinball. My definition of perfect table design. Today we have tables of such complex rulesets, inflation of technical gimmix, a battery of sounds.....but this old table beats them all, ´cause it´s the essence, what makes pinball great, such as Funhouse.

Now on TPA, what should I say? On 8BD, Farsight did a really great Job. Simulation can´t be a equal substitute for real tables, of course. But I played for 4 hours yesterday on this table. I will rate it in my Top 5 on TPA. Nothing more to say. So let the good times rock and roll!

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.