Electro plungers

Status
Not open for further replies.

debuggiest

Aug 10, 2013
Hi... I've been asking support about this for a while (like months), but they don't seem to know what I'm talking about... All the tables with electro plungers, except for TNG and T2 have an issue where the right flipper button launches the ball, and the rest of the game you see a seemingly useless launch button on the top-right corner of the screen. This setup prevents people from starting Lyman's Lament at the beginning of play on MB, and slows down game mode selection on HD. I don't know what other tables it affects. When TNG first came out it had this "bug", but it was fixed within a week or two. I guess what I'm after is separating the flipper/plunger functions since the dedicated launch button is already on the screen 90% of the time.

Electro plunger tables:
AFM - Unsure if it needs it
Champions Pub - Unsure if it needs it
HD - Definitely needs it
MM - Unsure if it needs it
MB - Definitely needs it
TNG - Has it, but didn't at launch
T2 - Has it

I know you guys are busy ironing out the quirks on T2 (like the event camera), but I thought I'd post this to see if I could grease the wheels a little.

Thanks

Last edited:
N

netizen

Electro plunger tables:
AFM - Unsure if it needs it
Champions Pub - Unsure if it needs it
HD - Definitely needs it
MM - Unsure if it needs it
MB - Definitely needs it
TNG - Has it, but didn't at launch
T2 - Has it

AFM - Martian Bombs, video mode
Champions Pub - Smart Punch, video mode
HD - Raise Centre Post
MB - in game items to defeat monsters
TNG - Cannon, Holodeck, and Rykers Poker
T2 - Multiball, Jackpot and Videomode

This is an old issue that has been raised numerous times. it would be nice to separate the touchzones in the controller code, but .... Is it high enough priority simply so you can cheat on getting Lymans Lament the easy way?

As you can see the Launch/Trigger button has a use in every game

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
It is possible now to change the position of the launch button and ensure it doesn't interfere with the flipper zone.

On the options menu inside any table, scroll down to the very bottom of the menu. You'll see a button position setting. Set it to about 40%.

If you enable touch setting A, the button will be just outside the touch zone for the flippers.

This should prevent the right flipper zone activating the launch button.

Hopefully that answers your question.

N

netizen

IDK if that is the bug tho, Jared. I have never had the flipper touch zone activate the trigger button, except on HD and STTNG in the earliest stages, and only on the launch screen itself. With the occasional build of MB where the L Flip would trigger a launch.

In game, the Trigger button currently isn't separated from the flipper or nudge zone it overlays, and pressing the trigger button counts as a nudge or a flip. This is problematic in video mode as you can tilt, or it will move your aim, or your selection will move to the right, like in STTNG etc.

What is being requested, as usual, is that the flippers are allowed to be activated independently from the launch button prior to launch of the ball, like it is in STTNG, on all tables with an Electro Launch.

This would allow for things like the Lymens Lament code to be used on Mobile, but it isn't a high priority when phrased soley for that intent, imo. The issue keep popping back up in various builds as the controller code gets mucked about and the touch zones are altered in someway as far as I can tell.

debuggiest

Aug 10, 2013
IDK if that is the bug tho, Jared. I have never had the flipper touch zone activate the trigger button, except on HD and STTNG in the earliest stages, and only on the launch screen itself. With the occasional build of MB where the L Flip would trigger a launch.

In game, the Trigger button currently isn't separated from the flipper or nudge zone it overlays, and pressing the trigger button counts as a nudge or a flip. This is problematic in video mode as you can tilt, or ITMP will move your aim, or your selection will move to the right, like in STTNG etc.

What is being requested, as usual, is that the flippers are allowed to be activated independently from the launch button prior to launch of the ball, like it is in STTNG, on all tables with an Electro Launch.

This would allow for things like the Lymens Lament code to be used on Mobile, but it isn't a high priority when phrased soley for that intent, imo. The issue keep popping back up in various builds as the controller code gets mucked about and the touch zones are altered in someway as far as I can tell.

I think netizen gets what I mean... on TNG for example, the launch button is always visible and interactive. On the other tables, its not visible during launch, and the launch function is mapped to the right flipper. During play, a launch button is visible, but it doesn't do anything. I also forgot about the Martian/Troll bombs on AFM/MM, yep those too.

Cheers

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
I'll cast another vote (is there a vote? I'll just pretend there is) in favor of fixing this issue. Lyman's Lament is a good example why this needs adressing. It's like part of the pinarcade-museum is needlessly locked off to the android public.

N

netizen

Again, I will say that using the Lyman's Lament code as the issue to hang this on likely won't make this a higher priority.

I can tell you that when the controller mapping Beta happened the flippers had independent control prior to launch on every table, electro plunge or not. So in some ways the issue is that there are only so many touch zones that can be used given a touch screen interface. I know FS is developing native controller support for Android, either through keymapping, or by implementing the API of a controller similar to how iOS has iCade support.

Personally I am sort of leaning to MOGA support as it has more potential IMO; full use of analogue controls for nudging, plunging and perhaps even 2 switch flippers. *hint hint* :cool:

For example: here's my request for this same issue from Jan

Last edited:

debuggiest

Aug 10, 2013
Again, I will say that using the Lyman's Lament code as the issue to hang this on likely won't make this a higher priority.

I didn't intend for it to, I was drawing a blank as to the many things a launch button can so besides launching. (Or the right flipper) :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts