"ERROR: The cerfificate for this server is invalid..."

Michelle

Oct 13, 2013
Beginning today, this error greets me whenever I try to open TPA on my phone or tablet (both Apple/iOS):

ERROR
The certificate for is server is invalid.
You might be connecting to a server
that is pretending to be
"www.pinballanalytics.com" which
could put your confidential information
at risk. Would you like to suppress this
message (Closing the App will bring it
back)?

Below the error pop-up are No and Yes buttons (with No in boldface).

Are any other people using iOS getting this error? (I assume the No button is the safe way to proceed, right? (I just closed the app and came here to inquire about it.)

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
My guess is that they have a security certificate that needs to be renewed on their server. I get the same message.

Michelle

Oct 13, 2013
Is it safe to proceed? If you click the "no" button, does error message go away and allow you to play the game?

(I'm a bit put off by this, having just spent a ton of money to buy seasons 3-7...:( )

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
People who logged out have not been able to log in, some mobile people are unable to play tables they own.

This is a rather foreboding event given the uncertainty of what happens to our tables if Farsight's servers ever go down for good.

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
The error is on the pinballanalytics website - it's the website that tracks your account stats and tables (obtained via kickstarter) and all that. Someone forgot to renew the certificate. Of course, it happens during Memorial Day weekend, ensuring it's down for the maximum amount of time, unless someone actually goes in and fixes it.

If you buy your tables using the stores, everything will be fine as the store maintains the purchase status. The only thing you lose with Farsight's servers going down would be the tables recorded by your account - so your kickstarter rewards, points, etc.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Only a major issue if you logged out and can’t log back in to acces the pins you own. Also no access to leaderboards, like playing offline.
Not a big deal for me.

Michelle

Oct 13, 2013
It looks like the problem has been fixed.

At least I'm not getting the pop-up error message anymore.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.