FaceBook "Fans"

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
While checking out FB today, I found one of our recent depatures bad mouthing this forum. Also, one of the replies felt that this forum is being used for talking about FBers behind their backs (we kinda are, even tho' this is public) while congratulating ourselves for being so mature. Whatevs. :p

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
While checking out FB today, I found one of our recent depatures bad mouthing this forum. Also, one of the replies felt that this forum is being used for talking about FBers behind their backs (we kinda are, even tho' this is public) while congratulating ourselves for being so mature. Whatevs. :p

I read this too. That was all I could take of Facebook for a few days. I need a break.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Jimmy still trolls the FB page? Damn...well, at least he can say he's an oldschool FBTPATroll.

I like the updates on my wall from TPA but largely ignore the populace.
PinWiz is the man, mad props to him. Jeff too, largely the folk that have been here since the inception. The ones that make even me feel like a newb here.

I have to say, the good folks at Farsight must have grafted themselves with alligator skin to be able to read through that intelligence black-hole every day.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Yep, I've unsubscribed from TPA FB. In fact, I've kind of soft-unsubscribed from FB altogether. G+ is the place for me. Pinball Arcade Fans has a presence on G+ now.

Frostyglitch and I curate content for it.

I've already sent some players over to the forum based on my interactions with them. I think it has also got some more sales for FS in the process.

If FS decided to start an official G+ presence, the quality of comments on their posts would exponentially increase based on my experience of the TPA users on G+.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I dont FB myself but I'll look to see if theres snything not posted here, wich is RARE. But I seen a guy compare buying the previous FARSIGHT pinball tables for TPA with RAPE! Because it would be his 3rd platform of the same table, then gives in to everyone telling him its better now. You'll LOVE the RAPE this time we promise. LOL but youll get bugs Eewwww.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
FarSight recently on friday posted that the trolling is getting out of hand, and is dragging down the team spirit , so the FB defenders came out of the woodwork recently and started a more positive front on that page , all in all a good development. My way of handling FaceBook was to never sign up , and just browse it when i need to. It's like smoking , if you never start , you don't have to quit.

Here is a video of Elvira promoting our game! Fully cut and everything. What do you think?
http://youtu.be/0gqgi5x2GVU
It is also unfortunate that there has been a growing number of comments on this facebook page that many users (as well a
s members of the development team) have found offensive and demoralizing. It is our policy to allow for everyone to speak freely as long as there are no personal attacks against one another or extremely offensive language used. We have stated this in the past several times. We will continue to be very lenient in regard to criticisms of FarSight and towards the Pinball Arcade, however we are past the point of simply warning individuals who are disruptive to those of you who visit this page for information about our game in general and come here for friendly and often interesting conversations about all things pinball.

Last edited:
N

netizen

I dont FB myself but I'll look to see if theres snything not posted here, wich is RARE. But I seen a guy compare buying the previous FARSIGHT pinball tables for TPA with RAPE! Because it would be his 3rd platform of the same table, then gives in to everyone telling him its better now. You'll LOVE the RAPE this time we promise. LOL but youll get bugs Eewwww.

Yeah I remember that. I had to block more than a few people that day. Ugh
That and no matter what updated info is posted there'll be the obligatory "What about the 360?" comments

night

May 18, 2012
I am not really sure if it is a bad thing people are talking nonsense and trolling about what you do. You should start worrying when they stop talking about your product.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
To some people it may sounds strange, but it is possible to exist without facebook. Do it !!

Facebook-Like-Button-big.jpg

You're a Pin-wiz fanboy, Karl! I can no longer trust your posts! How dare you compliment him? He didn't even take time to talk to his fans, yet here you are, shilling. Aaaaaaaaaargh grrrrr hissssss!

hahaha, that would surely make you fit in with Facebook perfectly. That's why I avoid it like the plague. Also I devote time to my real friends, ones I actually know. I'm no luddite here but these "social networking" places are doing exactly the opposite to what they pertain to enhance. "Facebook" people, in my experience albeit limited (I tend to not gravitate towards such people) are some of the most shockingly non-social people I know, faces permanently buried in their smartphones, and the first to let you know that they have 265,980 "friends", although they rarely see daylight. Strange, very odd people.

I used to put in the occasional comment on the Facebook page, but it always felt like arguing with the village idiot: even if you won, you hadn't really accomplished anything.

how many of those likes are real? with the whole FAKEBOOK controversey? I dont FB or tweet hell I got rid of my cell. Believe it or not LIFE still EXISTS.

(Same as above but reached the image limit lol)

karl

May 10, 2012
I re-read my comments about not understanding the fan boy post just now and I am ashamed.:eek: Ashamed at not seeing the irony. I would like to file it under: Me bad at english, Wat do yo meen? But there really is no excuse. (did I point out that I am drunk?) Ok, carry on, nothing to see here . PS! Like your post superballs.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.