Family Pinball

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Do many others here play pinball with their family? My wife, daughter and I play TPA regularly on the PS4 and make trips to play real Pinball whenever possible. It just seems like a great family pastime as age and gender don't matter once the girl got tall enough to play a real machine. Her and I are pretty equal in pinball skills. My wife isn't as good as us but will still win an occasional game. When my daughter brings home a guy friend its nice though to have my wife around so that he feels like he has the chance to beat someone. :D

My daughter texted me tonight all excited because she's in 10th place in the PSN tourney. She's playing bronze because the last tourney she didn't have all the tables on her school PS3. She was like "I know that its just the first couple of days and I won't be able to keep this up but I've never had my score on the top page!" Thatta girl!

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
Admittedly my family is not all that into pinball. And admittedly I am way ok with that because pinball is my "escape" from my family ;). My version of ice fishing... I do make them play pinball with me on my birthday though...

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
My wife will play real pinball all day long. But has zero interest in digital pinball. I've tried many times to change her view of digital pinball but have had no success.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
My wife has zero interest in pinball.
My daughter came along once to a show, and is probably more interested in physical pinball, not really into digital pinball (something to do with "Minecraft", whatever that is...).
My son likes the idea of pinball, and launches TPA on his iPad, and has a preference for ToTAN over TAF, and bats the ball around, but I'm not 100% sure yet. He also has zero attention span, unless it's for YouTube toy unboxing videos.

zmcvay

Sep 19, 2014
My wife doesn't really have any interest in pinball, but she'll play a game or two if I ask.
My five year old son though loves it. Brought him to a show last summer thinking he would be bored and he went nuts there. He plays a fair amount of digital now, some on the playstation, and quite a bit on the iphone when we're out in the car. He's improved quite a bit over the past year and has a preference for anything he can activate multi-ball on.

And yes, he watches YouTube toy unboxing videos as well. Not to sound old, but what is the point of those?

Trenchbroom

Apr 20, 2013
Wife and oldest daughter play, typically with a few drinks on a weekend evening. They love it so much that we are going to the pinball museum in Vegas this summer!

Trackball

Jan 19, 2016
At first I thought this topic was about the Famicom game that got released in the US as Rock'n'Ball...

But anyway, my stepfather has a Dolly Parton machine that hasn't worked in at least 20 years, and a Bally Rapid Fire (ugh) that I've NEVER seen working.

"I can fix it," he said. What a hoarder.

The former did get me started in pinball, however, back when it worked.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Rapid Fire isn't my thing, but Dolly is actually a very good pin. Even if you hate the theme, it's a really nice layout and rule set. Shame you can't get them running anymore.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
My dad will come out for a beer and some pinball with me occasionally :). He even plays some TPA with me when we get a chance, but not much into technology so hes not getting it for himself. Last time we were out his first game on Monster Bash he was doing very well, had that ball in play forever, after losing a 3rd game in a row hes still on the same one he says "seems like this one is TOO easy, its not right" i was like dang keep going! The guys next to us overherd him and had a look of disbelief lol.

My girly really likes video games but has much broader interests than me who practically only plays TPA. Occasionally she gets the itch and gets me to set up the game for us both to play. When we first discovered PHOF we played together every night until we beat all challenges :) my addiction grew but she kinda burned out on it.

Nice thread

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.