Farewell my friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
I thought that I would jump on and post a little note to let all of you guys know that I have put my two weeks in at Farsight and will be moving on to the next step in my career and to be closer to family in order to help with our daughter that is only one month away from arriving! It has truly been a pleasure working with all of you and the pleasure that you all expressed with the game has made all those long hard days and occasional weekends worth it. Also, I don't say this lightly, I could not have made the game as it is today without all of your help, so in that regards I want to thank all of you tremendously.

I will be spending the remaining time training and documenting all of the areas I was responsible for. I have shown FlippyFloppy the ropes as far as the beta process and I implore all of you to be easy on him or whomever will be taking over from here. It took me a while to find my groove as well. ;)

Thanks again guys,
Ryan

Larry

Jul 4, 2013
Best of luck to you dude! I know I always looked forward to seeing your name on posts here...

it won't be the same... I know you'll have a suitable replacement, but you're one of a kind and your hard work has indeed helped make this one of the best games I've ever played!

Thanks man!

Last edited:

Lord Boron

Apr 18, 2012
Best of luck to you. Thanks for all your hard work. It's a rare thing in the industry to have an actuall employee make regular posts on a forum and take an interest and we all appreciate it!

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I thought that I would jump on and post a little note to let all of you guys know that I have put my two weeks in at Farsight and will be moving on to the next step in my career and to be closer to family in order to help with our daughter that is only one month away from arriving! It has truly been a pleasure working with all of you and the pleasure that you all expressed with the game has made all those long hard days and occasional weekends worth it. Also, I don't say this lightly, I could not have made the game as it is today without all of your help, so in that regards I want to thank all of you tremendously.

I will be spending the remaining time training and documenting all of the areas I was responsible for. I have shown FlippyFloppy the ropes as far as the beta process and I implore all of you to be easy on him or whomever will be taking over from here. It took me a while to find my groove as well. ;)

Thanks again guys,
Ryan
Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Also, kids tend to give you new perspective on things. Good on you for doing what's right for your family. The trek up and down the mountain each day must have been getting pretty old...

I know with Flippy at the helm, we're in much better transitional shape than we could have been.

Document hard, and remember to hand over all those little things, the low hanging fruit, that could make TPA awesome. Cloud save being one such thing.

Last edited:
N

netizen

Best of luck Ryan. You will totally rock at whatever you do in the future.

We will miss you round here in the 'droid pit, it's been fun.

Congratulations on the next step and for you and your wife on the birth of your daughter. :)

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
(in Bride of Pinbot voice) Oh nooooooo!

More seriously, best of luck to you, thanks for all you did for TPA, and congrats in advance on your new daughter!

esp2000

Jun 4, 2012
Good luck Ryan with the coming addition to your family, and may you all be blessed. Thank you for everything that you have done.

MonkeyGrass

Jul 11, 2013
Best wishes, Ryan. Hate to see you go, you've certainly made a difference with your time and effort!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.