Farsight Halloween Mod table (Ghostbusters)

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Greene

Sep 25, 2012
here's counting on fs to remake/remodel the hh layout for a gb table!! that would be just too much shorting the idea, if it were just a paint job... 1) fill in that damned hole between the two bottom right flippers!! that thing is a paaaain; the outers are far wide enough that that extra little 'oops!' just sucks!!

and, wow boy, i sure hope they don't 'candy crush' this thing to death... i don't mind the idea of a 'few tokens at a time' as an option, along with the high-score limited demo!! maybe that's the idea, and it's just a test run... think what that could do for them!! for that matter, they could make it incredibly competitive to rl arcades; how many plays can you get for a single quarter anymore?? ;0 right, like NONE! they're all fiftycent, even down at the laundrymat... ;) maybe three plays for 25 cents?? every little bit counts!

thinking of it that way - as long as there's still an option for unlimited play like TPA currently is, just add a token system to the current setup... NO MORE KICKSTARTERS - ALL GOLD for future tables!! :) i know that's a fawning thought... but c'mon, wouldn't that be awesome if, in the future, they had the moneypower from that to do most any table, nearly any license, hire enough capable teams of progs to do everything we could ever want to see in TPA (and ancillary projects!), without doing financial handstands with only "the true believers"?? :) c'mon, yeah... that -would- be awesome! BUT, there better darn well be an "unlimited play" option still in gb!! (otherwise, it'll go the way that candy crush did for me - no money spent; not willing to get sucked into that "pimp/ho" customer relationship with King, lol! "where's mah moneh b*ch??" ;)

I'm still against the token system, but this makes it seem a little more tolerable, if you can horde tokens by collecting but not playing them for a few days. No kickstarters would be great. And yes get rid of the gap between the bottom right flippers, haha!!

David Greene

Sep 25, 2012
Better IAP option. Make the Pro versions of future tables free to play, but make some of the more popular operators menu options IAP.

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
to me the token system doesn't sound so bad, maybe i have this wrong but it sounds to me like you don't need to pay ANY real money to play the ghostbusters table. sounds like you get 2 free tokens a day for no money whatsoever, so as long as i only play it a couple times a day it's totally free. probably will make the love of the table last allot longer than playing it a whole bunch of times in a row. So i'm all cool with that... What bothers me is the choice of the Haunted House table for re-theme. Now I know allot of you guys love HH, but ive never been to crazy about it. I'm guessing a DMD would have been too much work for a custom table, lots of annoying programing aside as an animator i know those little short clips we see on the DMD's may look simple to create but let me tell you animation takes forever and it is so much hard work for just a 5 sec clip. $10,000 per minute is the going rate for animation these days and that's the overseas sweatshop rate. anyway DMD aside i just get bored with HH, maybe i'm missing some kind of strategy or something, I just can't possibly see HH being that great of an introduction to introduce new people to pinball. I would have much rather the ghostbusters table be a playfield not yet seen on TPA, it feels like im already bored with it and seeing an awesome license on it won't really do too much for me having played HH so much already. This could have been such a great opportunity to put out an impossible to license table's playfield with a great license to replace the unusable license. Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure would have been the #1 choice, but i think creating a DMD as i said earlier would have been quite a nightmare to pull off.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
Some folks are willing to wait and see if Haunted House is a good table to mod for this project;

This. I think Haunted House is a great choice. I think it's got the biggest gap between great layout potential and weak rules shallowness in all of TPA and perhaps all of pinball. Modern mode-based principles could do loads of interesting stuff about navigating those labyrinthine playfields. Just multiball would make HH about a dozen times more interesting. Who'd like a multiball where you triple your jackpots by making shots on all three playfields simultaneously? Who can say no to that?

Of course, this is if the project is about exploiting HH's potential with a modern ruleset designed from the ground up. If it's just a cosmetic skin with the same gameplay, or even a newly scripted ruleset that simply does early solid state pinball things (like, not mode based), it wouldn't be very interesting.

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
yeah maybe it won't be so bad if they add some things to the gameplay that weren't on the original table. They can probably achieve that by not using emulation and going with their own programming, editing the actual machine's rom would be a major pain.

SydyneBall

Jul 18, 2013
Some thoughts:

- I think it's a good experiment, see how it goes with the IAP . I'll weight in more on that after it's out and playing. Otherwise, it is just guesses at this point.

- So if it uses tokens, can we win free games through collecting a special? That would be awesome. how many credits can you rake up on one token? This would give it more of a pinball feel. Who's the first to 99 credits?

- No offense, but it's like no one has heard of "Uninstall". I've installed plenty of games that look cool that either aren't or demand to much via IAP. You know what I do? Uninstall.. move on.. try another game. Downloading and installing is not a permanent commitment.. You'd think it was major surgery to remove from some of the posts...

- So do we get to watch an ad for TPA and earn a token? I think it's smart to have a person earn two tokens for having TPA installed. Don't like the token play in GB? buy one of the games in TPA.

- I think HH was a decent choice. Three levels, lots of flippers. For someone who doesn't know pinball but downloads because of Ghost Busters, I think it's a good introduction. I'd rather see something with multi ball, but who knows, maybe it will have multi ball!

- Only UGGG I have about tokens... What, I can't just rage quit and start again forever?

- Is the token insert sound digital sampled from a real coin drop or some fake knockoff, like new Stern knocker sound?

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Some thoughts:

- So if it uses tokens, can we win free games through collecting a special? That would be awesome. how many credits can you rake up on one token? This would give it more of a pinball feel. Who's the first to 99 credits?

No free tokens for Replays/Specials/Matches, sadly. Specials still give out EBs. At least, at the moment.

- So do we get to watch an ad for TPA and earn a token? I think it's smart to have a person earn two tokens for having TPA installed. Don't like the token play in GB? buy one of the games in TPA.

There's a link to TPA from the startup screen.

- I think HH was a decent choice. Three levels, lots of flippers. For someone who doesn't know pinball but downloads because of Ghost Busters, I think it's a good introduction. I'd rather see something with multi ball, but who knows, maybe it will have multi ball!

They've got rid of some of the more annoying aspects of HH (read: that stupid gap between the flippers), and a 2-ball multiball has been added.

DrainoBraino

Apr 11, 2012
Looks kinda cool! Again, wish there was an option to purchase......not spending money on tokens or unlimited plays for 24 HOURS (LOL that has to be a joke right?), but I may mess around with it on my free tokens.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
I think it looks fine (certainly better than in that low res low framerate video). Fun to play too. I think it will appeal to the more arcade/casual players.

certainly better than I was expecting.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I think it looks fine (certainly better than in that low res low framerate video). Fun to play too. I think it will appeal to the more arcade/casual players.

certainly better than I was expecting.

Kind of the way I see it as well. I don't think the folks on this forum are the target customers.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
I knew this wouldn't happen, but I was really hoping they'd do a pinball mix of the music. One of my favs being in TZ. I understand that there wasn't really a need for that, but it woulda been kinda cool and have more of a retro feel. There's something kinda weird about the crystal clear voice clips too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.