Request Farsight: Kickstarter for Cactus Canyon

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Doesn't everybody have a smartphone and/or tablet by now? The console versions are clearly superior, but the game plays just fine on Android/iOS. It's worth paying twice to get the tables right away and be able to play them on your lunchbreak.

If I didn't have my iPhone I'd have driven to big bear, stormed farsight studios and held all the farsight employees hostage until the 360 dlc was released months ago.

In all seriousness NO. Iphone is fun to sample the tables, and mess around but serious scoring come on.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
If there's not some kind of time frame given to us in the next newsletter I'm probably going to let my angry Grinch mode come out, screw holiday cheer it's going to be complete a-hole mode and Farsight is on my naughty list.
While I understand the desire for communication, somehow I think threatening to become an "a-hole" is not exactly going to encourage FarSight in that direction. At least, I don't usually develop a sudden burning need to communicate with people who have self-identified as "a-hole"s.

I'd imagine that when FarSight is able to announce they have a new publisher and/or the release dates for TZ and the rest of the DLC they'll be falling all over themselves to get the news out.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I don't know the legality or the logistics of the whole current circumstances but I'd say it's getting time to tell us SOMETHING. If there's not some kind of time frame given to us in the next newsletter I'm probably going to let my angry Grinch mode come out, screw holiday cheer it's going to be complete a-hole mode and Farsight is on my naughty list.

I really don't think any amount of whining is going to get FS to talk about ongoing negotiations or contracts. You'll just need to put on your big boy pants and have some patience.

Hinph

Feb 29, 2012
If I didn't have my iPhone I'd have driven to big bear, stormed farsight studios and held all the farsight employees hostage until the 360 dlc was released months ago.

In all seriousness NO. Iphone is fun to sample the tables, and mess around but serious scoring come on.

I'm about as good on my tablet as I am on PS3... it's a lot rougher on my smartphone because the screen is so small and my thumbs often get in the way, but I did manage to set an Elvira and the Party Monsters world record on it once... the score has since been crushed by others, but I can't even get close again. Haha.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
While I understand the desire for communication, somehow I think threatening to become an "a-hole" is not exactly going to encourage FarSight in that direction. At least, I don't usually develop a sudden burning need to communicate with people who have self-identified as "a-hole"s.

I'd imagine that when FarSight is able to announce they have a new publisher and/or the release dates for TZ and the rest of the DLC they'll be falling all over themselves to get the news out.

I really don't think any amount of whining is going to get FS to talk about ongoing negotiations or contracts. You'll just need to put on your big boy pants and have some patience.

I was joking.

At worst my grinch mode would entail, asking one of our insiders in a thread "hey, any news on 360" if it were appropriate. Or at absolute worst, thumbs upping a "where's 360 dlc" comment on facebook lol. Come on guys you know me better than this.

I'm about as good on my tablet as I am on PS3... it's a lot rougher on my smartphone because the screen is so small and my thumbs often get in the way, but I did manage to set an Elvira and the Party Monsters world record on it once... the score has since been crushed by others, but I can't even get close again. Haha.

I'm getting a lot better myself. I don't "loath" the touch screen controls anymore, just mildly dislike them now. And my thumbs have now been trained to stay in place and not wander off the screen. I can even nudge here and there, but it's still no subsitute for 8-way nudging, a giant screen and a comfy couch.

Last edited:

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I was joking.

At worst my grinch mode would entail, asking one of our insiders in a thread "hey, any news on 360" if it were appropriate. Or at absolute worst, thumbs upping a "where's 360 dlc" comment on facebook lol. Come on guys you know me better than this.

I'm getting a lot better myself. I don't "loath" the touch screen controls anymore, just mildly dislike them now. And my thumbs have now been trained to stay in place and not wander off the screen. I can even nudge here and there, but it's still no subsitute for 8-way nudging, a giant screen and a comfy couch.

I was joking also - please see my signature for verification. Using the term "big boy pants" was a clue! :D

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Why would I want to contribute to another kickstarter if there's no guarantee my platform of choice will even be supported? What's my motivation? I have no issue with making the occasional contribution to a worthwhile video game project (like PA), but I should at least be able to enjoy what I pay for.

Members online

Members online