@FarSight...Please Remove The Sound Overlapping The ROM Sound When Entering Initials

warh0g

Jan 3, 2013
FarSight, could you please remove the game sound that's overlapping the ROM sound when you enter your initials if the original ROM already has it's own sound. If you're going for authenticity, then you shouldn't have any game sounds overlapping (or taking the place of) the original ROM's sounds.

Totally agree! It is really irritating.

George Klepacz

Feb 20, 2012
A pity if that is indeed true. This has been bugging me since the beginning and I really feel it takes a lot away from getting your initials to the high score lists.

100% agreed. Ruins the table designers' intended presentation. But, you know what, Black Knight is still inaccuarate as hell, why would they worry about fixing a sound issue that affects most of the tables in the game?

Yeah, I may be slightly bitter about this.:eek:

Last edited:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Now I may take some heat for this, but as much of a FarSight fanboy as I come across as, it still saddens me to see the lack of response or even acknowledgement by FarSight on public outcry from dedicated supporters on issues like the one I posted here and especially, if not more so, on the issues being noted almost daily on the PS Vita version.

In the end, I understand that this is FarSight's project and in reality, whether we like it or not, we as consumers are not entitled to anything. If we are unhappy with a product, all we can do is cut our losses and move on.

EDIT : I will however give credit where credit is due. Ryan Routon has done an outstanding job communicating with the community and the constant improvements shown on the Android version reflect this.

I also have to tip my hat to Mike Reitmeyer for doing the same and trying to answer many of our questions to the best of his knowledge. I understand he has limited info he can give out outside of his area of expertise.

I just wish others at FarSight would follow in Ryan and Mike's footsteps. You can't tell me that Ryan and Mike are any less busy than anyone else at FarSight.

Last edited:

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Now I may take some heat for this, but as much of a FarSight fanboy as I come across as, it still saddens me to see the lack of response or even acknowledgement by FarSight on public outcry from dedicated supporters on issues like the one I posted here and especially, if not more so, on the issues being noted almost daily on the PS Vita version.

In the end, I understand that this is FarSight's project and in reality, whether we like it or not, we as consumers are not entitled to anything. If we are unhappy with a product, all we can do is cut our losses and move on.

EDIT : I will however give credit where credit is due. Ryan Routon has done an outstanding job communicating with the community and the constant improvements shown on the Android version reflect this.

I also have to tip my hat to Mike Reitmeyer for doing the same and trying to answer many of our questions to the best of his knowledge. I understand he has limited info he can give out outside of his area of expertise.

I just wish others at FarSight would follow in Ryan and Mike's footsteps. You can't tell me that Ryan and Mike are any less busy than anyone else at FarSight.

Well said PW. The thing that sums it up for me is the state of IOS ( not sure about other versions ) Cirqus Voltaire, rapidly approaching its first birthday and still so buggy as to be virtually unplayable ( shakes fist at the sky ).

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
I'll see if there is a simple and non risky solution to the sound overlapping issue. I didn't write the UI code, so I'm not sure what is involved to fix it.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
I'd also vote to get rid of it, but Farsight tends to ask us what we want to see fixed or added (IE: Black Knight on the PS3, Medival Madess flipper gap (all), bg music on PS3 XMB, Vita graphics), and then spends their time tweaking ball skins and Pro mode instead.

We'll see...

Neil L

Aug 5, 2012
I totally agree with this, and why does the table music play while entering initials? Big Shot's 'music' overlapping sounds the worst. (Hopefully a back button will be added for this table soon)

Perhaps I misunderstood the message here, but real-life solid-state pinball machines are supposed to play music while entering initials (all WPC games do that, for example). Some of them even have different music for different high score lists (Road Show being an example I'm familiar with).

Then, there are the tables which do not even have an initial entry system (early SS and EM, FarSight uses their own initial entry interface for these) and therefore shouldn't play any music, were you rather referring to these?

Sorry about causing confusion here, what I was trying to say was if if doesn't play music on the initial entry screen on the real table why has it been added, the same goes for the added overlapping dings.

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
We really shouldn't need a 2 page thread on this, the fix is bound to be simple, null the sound as said above, or replace it with silence.

It adds nothing to the game, it's annoying, it ruins the 'ROM' authenticity, just remove it.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts