Farsight, take note of this topic on the Zen forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
You do know this isnt an offical forum of farsights right? The very fact that theyas individuals and a company give us any time at all is amazing.

canuck

Nov 28, 2012
I wasn't aware we all got instant (2 minute on demand) developer support with our 4.99 purchase. :rolleyes:

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
A Zen game costs €1,79 and this is including support....

And farsight havent answered your anal ocd posts before?

Im sorry if im harsh but if the comany and game bugs you whiney little girls so much dont play it!

Ive been ppaying for as long as most here and id be the first to call foul play, you people needa go back to facebook.

Sorry good people my bad

night

May 18, 2012
And farsight havent answered your anal ocd posts before?

Im sorry if im harsh but if the comany and game bugs you whiney little girls so much dont play it!

Ive been ppaying for as long as most here and id be the first to call foul play, you people needa go back to facebook.

Sorry good people my bad

This is not the way how you should talk to little girls. ;)

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Heretic does have a point though.

Every table release it's the same 5 or ten people telling Farsight "do this or else" or "they better (or better not) do this or else"

Every table release. Really, every table release.

This is not the way how you should talk to little girls.

He hits you because he loves you and is just afraid to lose you.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I see nothing wrong with wanting something that you purchased to work perfectly and complaining when it doesn't.

noneed4me2

Feb 2, 2013
I see nothing wrong with wanting something that you purchased to work perfectly and complaining when it doesn't.

Agreed. I see both sides. I stopped spending money on 2k stuff after their lousy support for BioShock 2. I am not talking about not getting some mode I was expecting but paying for something broken, a company acknowledges said issue and promises a fix and then waits out the development cycle so In the end nothing is done and then basically tells forums posters "fu, were about the art" and not technical support. I sorta swore off buying new and special editions and started voting with my wallet. I buy both goty editions and used more now as a lot of stuff feels unfinished lately.

Enough ranting, TPA has it's issues but they are certainly more dedicated to resolutions IMHO then a lot of other software companies I have dealt with in my 20 plus years experience. They still have time to fix things till they get a no-go from me.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
https://forum.zenstudios.com/showthread.php?5443-Game-ending-glitch-on-ESB-table

A response from the table designer in about 2 hours. Have Farsight even acknowleged their multiple game ending glitches?
Hmm...let's take a look back, shall we?

(Funhouse. 464m. Ball one. No balls inplay or by plunger. Call attendant not working.) Had to tilt to maybe force something to happen. Stuck on tilt screen. Who let these clowns develop a pinball game?
That's from 08-02-2012 12:12 PM.

The problem is that lost ball can be caused by many things. We recently had a lost ball happen (1st time myself or the engineer who saw it happen in 1000's of games). The issue he saw was that all the balls were "dead" (No longer in play, not in traps, etc), but the trough was missing a ball. I'm working out a way to fix this, and hopefully this is the problem people have seen.

If the ball is on the table, Call Attendent works unless the ball is colliding with the flipper, in the plunger area, or in a trap.

Like all bugs, it's nearly impossible to fix something until you can reproduce it.

Sorry Mark that you experienced this. As a gamer myself, I know how frustrating a game stopping bug can be.
This is from 08-02-2012 03:34 PM. So that's 3 hours 22 minutes from initial report/insult to developer response...to your issue.

No further comment seems necessary.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
to the OP:
I feel you dude , but those of us with longtime status know that FarSight has a small staff and one single guy for PR , Robert Mann , who is registered here under that name . His job is hampered by not being able to actually say a thing in public without upper management approval from what were told. Farsight's policy on bugs and complaints is NO COMMENT until they have a resoloution to the issue . Vote with your wallet until it's resolved, or put up with their pacing getting their game fixed. That's all we get to do.

night

May 18, 2012
At the rapid tempo TPA is producing tables you need to point to the problems, otherwise the bugs/issues/inconsistencies become a huge mountain of problems that never gets fixed. (Which is already the case..) Some like to play cheerleader and be happy and gay about everything, I am not. But TPA is a great product and I do love it. I LOVE IT! But because I put my own standards in my work very high I expect this from others who charge money for their products as well. There is nothing wrong with high standards, and if this means people complain 2 times more than some of us can bare, then so be it. This is a public place where we can share our love and hate and passion about TPA, so lets each of us do just that in their own way.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
And we will continue to complain about the complaints...that's just the way it is here.

night

May 18, 2012
I would like to complain about people who complain about people who complain.

N

netizen

LOL, "Thanks i'll let the team know" is the standard reply and there's the continuation of issues that haven't been fixed in over a year for Android re: Zen but somehow they are sooo much better than TPA at their ... what now again?

Zen experienced similar DLC errors, have DMD issues, have frame rate problems, have portions of tables that don't work AT ALL. So care to pontificate on where exactly they are a superior company on a forum NOT dedicated to their product, some more; oh please!

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
I see complaints as pinball lovers who are passionate about their hobby.
If we all shut up and said everything is perfect the way it is I doubt we would see much improvement.

That being said, I am grateful that we have these games to play and I'm hopeful for improvements along the way.

neilpinbot

Apr 4, 2012
I very rarely complain about TPA. I can forgive some of the graphical issues that upset some people because I am too busy playing the table. But I am annoyed with the last pack of tables Dr dude & Firepower that were both released together(Android) with a major bug each and nearly a month later there is still no fix. In fact the next set of tables are almost ready to drop.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
I honestly can say there is nothing for me that is that huge a deal. There are lots of nice to haves, and in time they will get done. If Farsight stop everything and spent 3 months doing the small little things that keep getting raised, the revenue would probably slow down so much they won't be able to cover salaries, development would cease and we would have no more Pinball Arcade. Is that people want? I am sure not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.