Farsight to open a real pinball arcade (sort of.....)

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
His "private collection" kungfu grip cracks me up. Still good news for the kids and over grown kids who visit big bear during the summer.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
From what I gather big bears tourist population are kinda rich ***** too anyway so it's a win win for pinball if the kids get hooked Eric, video games are fine but I love me some real world rube goldberg

Phil_194

Jul 9, 2017
KeePIN' it alive I see... this is exciting news, especially for the people who get to play as part of a community there. It's something I can only dream of.

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
More like build up a pinball community. They'd get way more money selling some of these machines than they ever will out of coin drops.

Lot of factors, but speaking to pinball operators it takes one to two years for a pinball machine on location to pay for itself. Then it's just maintannce cost and profit.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Lot of factors, but speaking to pinball operators it takes one to two years for a pinball machine on location to pay for itself. Then it's just maintannce cost and profit.

Would be interesting to see if some of these tables have already "paid for themselves" with regard to Farsight's revenue. I imagine most have, but who knows?

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Would be interesting to see if some of these tables have already "paid for themselves" with regard to Farsight's revenue. I imagine most have, but who knows?

Surely. They would have stopped putting out new tables long ago if the answer was no. Even though Jay (aka Steven Seagal's long-lost cousin as Hairy and I know him :D ) started this as sort of a hobby, it's still a business that needs to sustain itself. I'm fairly sure the early season pins paid for themselves pretty quickly, and by now...many times over. There was a time early on when TPA was in the "Top Grossing" games in the App Store, and that's just one platform. Keep in mind that new players are still buying those tables all the time, so it's continual revenue.

Last edited:

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
You also have to remember Farsight owns every table they sell. I'm sure they're doing this because actually... ran out of space at the office. This way they can still own the tables (so they can re-digitize them as needed), make a little money on the side and more importantly, make space for more pins at the office.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
You also have to remember Farsight owns every table they sell. I'm sure they're doing this because actually... ran out of space at the office. This way they can still own the tables (so they can re-digitize them as needed), make a little money on the side and more importantly, make space for more pins at the office.

They long ago ran out of space. I visited during season 2 and they were full to the gills, with machines in every office, the conference room filled, and the 'repair' room that barely had room for doing table tear downs. Putting machines on location isn't about earning money, it's about building up a local pinball community. As the slogan goes, "it's more fun to compete with others", or something like that.

I was thinking at least one was loaned to them.

It's less than 5, with Goin' Nuts for sure being one.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
My local community "collectives" are code of nail chewing petty gangsters so it's nice to see something even semi altruistic even if it's a good 4000 miles away! Try being a mobile zombie when the bells are ringin! I'm a feckin poet! Eat your heart out Zimmerman. Hopefully the bar allows kids during the day time

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts