Farsight, we're breaking up - It's not me, it's you...

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Yeah I heard that interview, great job. Do you know if Farsight has given any indication as to what future plans with TPA are other than releasing a table each month and potentially overhauling UI and adding Cab Support? Anything specifically on the engine side?

I don't. With the 360 now having been taken care of, there's a few directions they might go, if I had to guess. One would be to tighten up all the content. Two would be to move onto a Nintendo platform. Three would be to start on a new engine build (I believe this is currently their 3rd one). Time will tell, I'm sure.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I don't. With the 360 now having been taken care of, there's a few directions they might go, if I had to guess. One would be to tighten up all the content. Two would be to move onto a Nintendo platform. Three would be to start on a new engine build (I believe this is currently their 3rd one). Time will tell, I'm sure.

Time to tap up Bobby King for another podcast interview...? 'Tis nearly the end of Season 4 after all.

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
The most gracefull solution would obviously be one where one can have their hardware/software update, without it happening at the expense of others. The introduction of the PS4 didn't render the PS3 and its library useless for instance.
One model I can think of is a new and improved Android TPA2 for newer hardware, while leaving the old version also available in-store. Even if this meant the older version can't go further than season 4 it would still be the more gallant compromise. Most people would agree the first two seasons offer the most bang for your buck anyway.
Some might get hissy about needing to buy tables all over again, but that would be even though the nessecity to aquire a new library for your next-gen hardware is commonplace in the industry.

Either way, perhaps the Pinball Arcade 'fans' here, might sometimes be that little too cynical about a company that's probably just trying to do the commercially viable best they can. How Farsight does business can hardly be compared with the other softwarehouse's DLC shenanigans.

Good points!

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Time to tap up Bobby King for another podcast interview...? 'Tis nearly the end of Season 4 after all.

Yep, these interviews were great too, always enjoyed listening to them, hope we get some more sometime
We've been thinking the same, guys.

The BlahCaders will work on Bobby. I agree that the start of Season 5 (only two tables away now) would be a great time to discuss this type of stuff.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.