Farsight:why do you use XBox(product not avai. presently) to advertise?

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Looking back through the recent media they've posted on Facebook, namely screens of Centaur, Dr. Dude, and Firepower, and a video of Centaur and Pin*Bot the screenshots are clearly labelled "PS3" in their accompanying captions, and they clearly state Xbox360 in their YouTube caption on the Centaur/Pin*Bot video.

That's good to know. I didn't see that and figured they were 360 screens as before.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
And again. Didn't realize that mobile users are able to demo all tables pre-purchase. I believe that option should ideally be available on all platforms.

Don't know if Sony or Microsoft would allow them to do that. Steam might be more easier to use. Pinball FX 2 lets you demo the tables before buying them from Steam.

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
Pinball FX 2 lets you demo the tables before buying them from Steam.

Yeah, I'm using the demo as a stop gap until TPA arrives on Steam. I know, I shouldn't!

I should help support Zen by buying the table packs, but £6.99 per pack, for tables I already have on the 360 is just too much.

EDIT: Plus, with all that colour, I struggle to keep focus on the ball on half of the tables! Portrait mode is cool though.

Last edited:

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Don't know if Sony or Microsoft would allow them to do that. Steam might be more easier to use. Pinball FX 2 lets you demo the tables before buying them from Steam.

And Zen 2 on PS3 lets you demo the tables, but I think that's only possible due to the way they set up their DLC this second time around, where now the DLC content is in the main title/updates and all you actually "buy" and download from the store, new tables-wise, is a 100 K unlock key.

That's good to know. I didn't see that and figured they were 360 screens as before.

Me too! I knew I'd seen some "Xbox360" labels before and was kind of surprised to find the most recent stuff was actually taken from the PS3 version. Bodes well for the Centaur/Pin*bot pack on PS3, at least graphically. Also that ball collision fix was definitely in there.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Me too! I knew I'd seen some "Xbox360" labels before and was kind of surprised to find the most recent stuff was actually taken from the PS3 version. Bodes well for the Centaur/Pin*bot pack on PS3, at least graphically. Also that ball collision fix was definitely in there.

All full screen gameplay footage released to date by FarSight has been of the Xbox 360 version including Centaur and Pin●Bot. Only screenhots of certain tables have represented the PS3 version and those were labeled as such.

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
Since the tables are finished there first, they record using the 360.

It's not an attempt at false advertising or anything like that. Just easiest. I don't know much about the recording hardware, but I'm not sure we have a setup to record off a phone/tablet, aside from using a video camera to record a phone in someones hands. I imagine we could record off PS3, except that the tables aren't ready on PS3 until a bit later. So it would be too late to put out before our mobile release.
Not your fault Mike, and I hope I don't seem like I'm shooting the messenger, but I hope you can see why this answer would not sit well with people. Farsight is knowingly using a platform that's not available to advertise their product for other platforms, including cases where the differences between platforms are significant (like the multiple PS3 tables where colors mysteriously change in porting over from 360). While the intent might not be sinister, I don't think it's unfair for readers of this forum to deem this practice by Farsight to be "false advertising". I wouldn't go that far myself but "deceptive" and "highly suspect" would certainly apply, IMHO.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
All full screen gameplay footage released to date by FarSight has been of the Xbox 360 version including Centaur and Pin●Bot. Only screenhots of certain tables have represented the PS3 version and those were labeled as such.

Oops right I already managed to get the label mixed up with the Dr. Dude / Firepower screens.

McGuirk

Feb 25, 2012
I agree. People will want to watch the product they can get their hands on at launch, not something up in the air like 360. I sometimes go back and play the tables I have on the 360, and I love the graphics and lighting. Makes it hard sometimes to go back to mobile/tablet for me, but that's where I buy the tables. And no one really knows about the Xbox situation. At this point, there's completed code that FS has that may not even reach us.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts