Farsight's new virtual pinball table!

leannaray

Sep 21, 2014
Everybody here would have seen Farsight's new virtual pinball table right?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=640281392659591

It amazes me! I can't stop thinking about it, and wishing I had one! You only need one machine, and on it you can play every table that Farsight produced so far, and download every table they produce in the future! It outputs to a real DMD, too! It's so exciting!

Leanna

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Check out visual pinball forum for a history lesson...

If you want one build one :)

Wylde One

Jan 14, 2015
How does the nudging work on these tables? Seems like such a great idea. Even a few analog sticks on top of machine, above buttons would be sufficient.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
It's not exactly new. That video is from 2013...and they haven't released official support for virtual cabs yet even after all this time...

chinzman93

Jul 1, 2013
How does the nudging work on these tables? Seems like such a great idea. Even a few analog sticks on top of machine, above buttons would be sufficient.

Lots of ways to do it. DIY solutions include, buttons with a key mapper like xpadder, wiring a tilt bob up using an IPAC board, and so forth. However, the cabinet in the video is from virtuapin. The controller board uses accelerometers to detect directional nudging to the cabinet. The work great in VP and FP with a bit of tuning for sensitivity.

Bravewall

Jul 5, 2014
This is the highest of goals on my wishlist. I plan to get one made by virtuapin in a year or so, to ensure that it's done right. Im going to get it as fully loaded as i can, as big as I can, with the BK2000 decal.

I see that they are running older windows os, so I'm wondering if they will upgrade and be compatible with windows 10 by then.

Also, to save on shipping, I plan to take a u haul and drive down to pick it up in Michigan from Toronto. Does anybody have experience transporting a pinball machine across the boarder? Any tips?

onetaste

Feb 10, 2015
Everybody here would have seen Farsight's new virtual pinball table right?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=640281392659591

It amazes me! I can't stop thinking about it, and wishing I had one! You only need one machine, and on it you can play every table that Farsight produced so far, and download every table they produce in the future! It outputs to a real DMD, too! It's so exciting!

Leanna

Sadly, when this cabinet support finally comes out (if ever) you won't be able to play every table, since a lot of farsight's licences last only 5 yrs, they can't sell them after that. Maybe they'll get extensions for original titles, but it is too hard for licensed titles.

Last edited:

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
It is no "table".
It's just another camera view option in the existing game.
And dmd output.
And backglass output.
And controller support.

The cabinet you have to build yourself I'm afraid, or give someone 5 grand to do it for you.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
sadly, when this table finally comes out (if ever) you won't be able to play every table, since a lot of farsight's licences last only 5 yrs, they can't sell them after that. Maybe they'll get extensions for original titles, but it is too hard for licensed titles.

iap.....?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts