Farsights space cadet pinball

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
The reason kickstarter only supports a few countries is banking, investment and other regulations. It takes a lot of time to meet regulatory requirements. Crowdfunding often calls under investment laws which can have certain requirements (disclosure, etc) because they were designed for public companies.

There was a time where a lot of Canadian Kickstarters had to use a US entity because Kickstarter hadn't worked through the laws and regulations in Canada (including taxation).

The only real question is how the money is being handled and who's managing the project

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Plays well but could get tedious due to long games.

I almost backed the Kickstarter because for $8 you get adds removed for Cadet and Invaders, but then I saw for 10 you get adds removed and coins.

If you remove adds is it not free to play? And if so, what are coins for then. Continuing play? Which would mess with the leaderboards.

I don't get these models. Just give me a clear price to play unlimited without the adds.

First we've seen product placement in video games, now we're seeing ads become more ubiquitous in gaming. If I ever give up video gaming, it will be because of this. I don't want any game I'm playing interrupted with "if you have moderate to severe whatever, ask your doctor about something that causes deadly side effects". That is why I don't watch TV, or go to most movie theaters. (The theater in my town shows a few local ad slides before the previews, but some theaters weave commercials in with previews.)

It used to be that ads were your cost for watching TV. Now you get billed $100+ a month for half-entertainment and half-obnoxious ads. When video games finally adopt these practices (which they're starting to do), that's it for me.

For this they want a kickstarter to boot?????

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Quite enjoyed this tonight now some of the bugs are fixed. Reminds me a lot of Revenge of the Gator on the original GB.

Plays cr@p on my old Note 4, but nice and smooth on the Shield K1.

Sussed the extra ball thing with the leaderboard. If you use the extra ball, it subs 100k off your final score. Don't know if this adjusts the higher your score but I got a 4ball 240k game that switched to 140k. A 3 ball 160k game stayed at 160.

It could do with a bit more variety on the boss worms. They all play the same no matter what level at. And some of the layout design isn't great, but only bits here and there. Some bits are really nicely done. I like the pinball arkanoid combo, that really screws with your muscle memory especially with twin sided layout.

Flipperdeflip

Feb 17, 2015
Just to confirm; Trick Gaming Studios is the developer of Pinball Cadet and Pinball Invaders. We've build a great relationship over time and really want to help them get their game off the ground.
So this isn't a Farsight game?

Launching the Kickstarter from our account rather than from their own account was simply to expose the game to our awesome pinball audience.
I'm pretty sure it's against Kickstarter's rules to set up a KS for something you didn't create.

Blkthorne

Jul 12, 2013
So this isn't a Farsight game?

I'm pretty sure it's against Kickstarter's rules to set up a KS for something you didn't create.

Relax, Farsight is the publisher, Trick Gaming are the ones working on the app. Consider it a partnership, Farsight lets Trick Gaming use their TPA engine for the game and maybe does a bit of promoting for them while Trick Gaming does the work on the game.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
It was a big ask and also a pity they really captured the 90s console vibe....hopefully they can still power through but most are t suited to the ramen diet

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
Well this kickstarter has been a total fail.
Not surprised at all actually.
Let's hope the next kickstarter is what people actually want like the Simpsons Pinball Party ;)

Last edited:

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
I am sorry that happened. I lost interest in the project when I couldn't find an answer to my question.
Which was - if you buy the app does it just remove ads and do you still have to MTA tokens to play it?
Which if true is a deal breaker for me. I'll pay for an app, even buy dlc (additional levels) but refuse on principal (and I'm cheap) to continually pay to play a game I bought and use on my own device.

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
I was really surprised to see how much was donated to the kickstarter so early on and thought it came from outside the TPA community but this explains it.
We've seen it every kickstarter so shouldn't be a surprise to us or Farsight actually.

My gut feeling was the TPA user base definitely isn't down to fund this project, personally I was little annoyed by it even. We've been wanting a kickstarter for Simpsons for a long time or at least a shadow/congo or nightmare elm.st/TFTC thing. Why not Lord of the rings. But this?? A semi shady (pay to play?) simple looking fantasy pinball app...for $42k?
Yeah I know it wouldn't have been farsight developing it but there's no way around it, it would have used resources from the same pot. Farsight were involved in the kickstarter and the $42k would have been from the TPA community. I'm sorry but I'm kind of glad it failed. If it would have been a success who knows how much more Farsight would have been involved. Egoistically I want farsight to focus on REAL pins and REAL physics and stop messing with the marble madness's and space cadets. And you know, I'm pretty sure that's what the "trolls" want too. I definitely wouldn't be surprised if "Failsight" was behind this fake kickstarter pledge too, and last time I heard from him I think he was demanding cradle separation and tap passing. I agree with his wishes but not his ways but I guess if you reach out to the TPA community you get both the good and the bad that comes with it.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.