Favorite Multiball effects?

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
For most memorable in TPA I'd say it was NGG. When my family and I get multiball in other tables we tend to mimic the gofers yelling multibaaaaaaaaaal!!!!!!
Because that table was the free-to-play for well over a month before I purchased all the tables, I'll always have a soft spot for NGG.

Alaeriia

Jul 21, 2012
I've always loved BRUSA's duels, as well as the Big Race. Victory Frenzy is pretty hysterical as well; there's no warning, it just yells "VICTORY FRENZY!" and kicks out five (or six) balls at once.

Punisher

Jan 5, 2013
I've always loved BRUSA's duels, as well as the Big Race. Victory Frenzy is pretty hysterical as well; there's no warning, it just yells "VICTORY FRENZY!" and kicks out five (or six) balls at once.

One thing I liked doing in BRUSA is completing all the challenges before starting the frenzy. Just because it's like "FUH-REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENZY!" when it finally releases the balls.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I'm hoping to add a 2nd pin to my games room later this year I want something with lots of voice calls during multiball. I love games like MM and AFM with loads of ' Multiball ' , ' jackpot ' and ' super jackpot ' voice calls. That's one thing I miss from my Getaway.

Clawhammer

Nov 1, 2012
Getting all three multiballs going on BSD has to take the cake for me. 30 millllllliiiioooonnnn, punctuated by screams; pure pinball excellence.

Punisher

Jan 5, 2013
Bringing this thread back up to list another favorite of mine. Twister's Canister Multiball. Hell, going for that multiball shot is ominous, itself. Suspenseful music playing, "MULTIBALL READY" on the DMD with the canister sitting there, and once you shoot it... "Tornado indicated by radar." AS the balls spill out of the lock and onto the disc, magnetized. "TORNADO HAS TOUCHED THE GROUND. WE'RE GOING IN! WAAAAAAAAAAAH!" And the disc spins violently and flings the balls out as you're told to hit the ramp, while the fan atop the machine blows in your face. The music for if you fail to get a double jackpot and beyond is neat, too.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
I kind of like TOTAN's intro - a giant genie destroying a city, followed by his booming voice announcing "multiball".
AC/DC is cool, as you kick off multiball by firing a cannon while AC/DC music plays in the background (obviously as it does the whole game). Even though the cannon for multiball isn't much different from the regular cannon firings, the cannon firing is a cool effect.

George Klepacz

Feb 20, 2012
In TPA: definitely not Black Knight.

Having just bought a real F-14 Tomcat, i vote for that. I love when you get the third ball locked and the 3 beacon lights on the top start spinning and the music changes. And then when you start multiball, the light show is amazing.

anonymatt

Jan 12, 2013
Another vote for Funhouse. The physical show, like, the unification of plot and theme there, is way better than any DMD thing. Plus the "Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy," afterwards is always like "Yeah, my thoughts exactly."

Ken_Clark

Dec 28, 2012
In TPA: definitely not Black Knight.

Having just bought a real F-14 Tomcat, i vote for that. I love when you get the third ball locked and the 3 beacon lights on the top start spinning and the music changes. And then when you start multiball, the light show is amazing.

You do know since they couldn't reproduce the AFM strobe effect, this effect is probably toast too....sigh. I wish the engineers actually knew about the pinball tables before the recreated them...

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
You do know since they couldn't reproduce the AFM strobe effect, this effect is probably toast too....sigh. I wish the engineers actually knew about the pinball tables before the recreated them...
No one has seen AFM's Strobe Multiball on a console or the PC yet, so your criticism is premature. Furthermore, the technology is already there - Cirqus Voltaire's Neon Multiball (which is basically the same lighting effect but with color) on the 360 is quite pretty.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.