Favorite Platform?

Which is your favorite platform for TPA?

• Mac

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • iPhone / iPod Touch

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • iPad

Votes: 21 25.0%
  • PS3

• Vita

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • XBox360

• Android Phone

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Kindle Fire

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Waiting on PC or 3DS version

Votes: 7 8.3%

• Total voters

BonzoGonzo

Jun 12, 2012
PS3 was a no-brainer. It has the best graphics of any version, mainly because of the superior lighting over the 360's strangely bright renditions, but controls suffer a little.

em, the part about the lightning is not true since 31.7., when the dlcs 1 & 2 came along with a patch for xbox360

Vip8888

Mar 25, 2012
Is there a reason 'Android tablet' isn't an option in the poll? That would have been my choice (so had to settle for the Android phone option). :)

I've got TPA for Android, PS3 and iPad, and would rate them in that order. The iPad version with the retina display is gorgeous, but as nudging doesn't work it doesn't matter how good looking it is. The game looks great on the Nexus7 as well, but more importantly plays really well. With convenience as well as number of tables available that wins it for me.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
em, the part about the lightning is not true since 31.7., when the dlcs 1 & 2 came along with a patch for xbox360

It still doesn't look as nice as the PS3 lighting, but Mike said the patch for 360 was just stage 1 of the lighting upgrades, so it should get up to the same level as the PS3 before too long.

N

Nik Barbour

Got all the tables on both Android & xbox, and whilst I love my little droid, and it's great to be able to play on the go, or whilst working away - it can't compare to the xbox.

I've played TPA on tablets too, but don't like the touch screen controls personally.

For me, the xbox has amazing graphics that look lifesize on our wall mount lcd, a fantastic controller, analogue nudging, controller feedback, and no flipper lag. Awesome!

I only bought the console purely for TPA, and apart from the dlc saga, haven't been disappointed!

The Wolfman

Jul 2, 2012
I love to play TPA on my iPad, although it doesn't come close to the real experience.

Laying on the couch, touching a peace of glass is a totally different ball game.

Freelance

Feb 28, 2012
I have Vita and PS3 versions and I play it more on the Vita for convenience and ease of use. I was going to wait for the 3DS and PC versions, but back then I didn't have a Vita. Not sure I'd get it on 3DS now as Vita has a much bigger (and better) screen. As for the PC, I'll buy it if it lets you buy the tables individually instead of in a pack. It's taking so long to get on the platform that I don't really care anymore. I may just stick to the Vita.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
I voted for the PS3. Great graphics, and controls. No lag for me.
That said, I am tempted to switch to the 360 so I can listen to my music while playing. Hopefully Farsight will add this small feature very soon so I don't have to.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Still patiently waiting for PC version. As said in my devices, I own only the PC, and I'd really hate to buy a console/mobile device just for Pinball Arcade. Plus, Steam is perfect for doing the job (when we finally show just how many pinball fans there are).

jkonami

Apr 4, 2012
Also waiting for the PC version. Steam has almost no pinball titles at all, so it's really begging for TPA to fill the void!

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I can see ipads beeing first with retina didplay and NEWEST tables and portability/bathroom...ya'know ya doo! Xbox has more systems out, so this all boils down to convienience? Have we become so lazy? Maybe pinball is dead? Idiocracy meets WALL-E?

Daniel Osborne

Feb 28, 2012
Xbox! First console for dlc pack 3, best controller, no lag issues, and no European delay! (ok, there was one huge delay, but it's all good now).

JoshuaKadmon

Aug 12, 2012
So, I just realized that I had some leftover MS points and purchased my fifth complete TPA set. XBox360 still doesn't look nearly as good as PS3, but I'm digging the responsiveness of the trigger flippers vs. the quarter-second PS3 lag.

iPad still rocks the kazbah, though.

Brandon Debes

Mar 29, 2012
ProTip™: Since pinball flippers are digital, you gain nothing from the analog triggers that TPA uses by default on the Xbox controller. You can go into the options and switch flipper control to the digital bumper keys for a much shorter depression depth and even more responsiveness.

Also, make sure you grab the free DLC file marked "Optional Update" to get the PS3 lighting model for the original four tables. It makes the Xbox 360 version look about on par (and without the input lag!).

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
ProTip™: Since pinball flippers are digital, you gain nothing from the analog triggers that TPA uses by default on the Xbox controller. You can go into the options and switch flipper control to the digital bumper keys for a much shorter depression depth and even more responsiveness.
Excellent idea.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
The two-stage flipper functionality that was just announced requires analog controls, so players that had been using the bumpers may want to familiarize themselves with the triggers now.

Brandon Debes

Mar 29, 2012
The two-stage flipper functionality that was just announced requires analog controls, so players that had been using the bumpers may want to familiarize themselves with the triggers now.

Also true. If you understand how to use two-stage flipper triggering, you might want to switch back to the analog controls for tables with upper flippers.

JoshuaKadmon

Aug 12, 2012
I've heard a lot of people talk about how it's impossible to nudge on an iPad, but I've really gotten adjusted to it. I grip the iPad normally, with thumbs on either side of the lower playfield, but now I also keep my index finger perched along the right side, ready to swipe in either direction on the upper playfield when needed. I've already started posting better scores as a result, but it still doesn't improve Magna-Save functionality or anything like that. I'm told those fixes are coming, though. I also probably benefit from having larger hands, too.

Remember this one?

pleasenosplash.jpg

[by the way, thanks for promising to remove that stupid stamp on the next iOS update, FS]

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts